Balcony Dress Code

Fred Quimby

Boxers or briefs? [emoji2] I think some would think items designated as underwear would be questionable. Would you want your wife to join you in hers? Not saying that you shouldn't, it's your balcony, but I would suggest sleep shorts.

Either way have fun!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been know to go 'all out' on my balcony. underwear? Shouldn't be an issue

I'm with you on this! I tell my room steward at the beginning of the cruise to leave the curtains wide open all the time. Makes the room feel bigger. The fish and dolphins can look all they want. But in port... a little modesty is advised. On a sea day, if anyone wants to contort themselves to get a look at me on my balcony, so be it.

Why would anyone care if someone they don't know is out on their own ship balcony in their underwear (or even naked) - as long as they are not "flashing their private parts" around????? Would it be more acceptable if the person was wearing a Speedo or a bikini than underwear???

Seriously dude, how are you going to win here? You are sailing with your wife....she says no, how is a whole internet full of people saying anything different going to change that? Everyday you step out on that balcony in your undies, you are going to tick her off. Is that how you want to start every day of your vacation? She has seen you in your undies we have not (thankfully). Trust her advice. Maybe it is because she doesn't want to share.

Seriously dude, how are you going to win here? You are sailing with your wife....she says no, how is a whole internet full of people saying anything different going to change that? Everyday you step out on that balcony in your undies, you are going to tick her off. Is that how you want to start every day of your vacation? She has seen you in your undies we have not (thankfully). Trust her advice. Maybe it is because she doesn't want to share.

Best post ever!

Why would anyone care if someone they don't know is out on their own ship balcony in their underwear (or even naked) - as long as they are not "flashing their private parts" around????? Would it be more acceptable if the person was wearing a Speedo or a bikini than underwear???

Underwear... wouldn't that be just like a bathing suit? I don't see a problem. But naked? Come on. That would be the definition "flashing their private parts".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 Award for best response ever on CC!!!(y)(y)(y)

Seriously dude, how are you going to win here? You are sailing with your wife....she says no, how is a whole internet full of people saying anything different going to change that? Everyday you step out on that balcony in your undies, you are going to tick her off.

My husband spends every possible second just wearing his underpants and despite my many protests I am powerless to stop it 🙈 He even wore them in a water park because 'how is it different from swimwear'. Told him he's going to get arrested for public indecency but it doesn't stop him. I swear the man is a closet nudist.

(y) Great post above!!!

Just wondering ... how would you feel about your wife going out on the balcony in her undies? :confused:

Funny about this question I have had hump cabins several times so we could see quite a few balconies. We never spent time looking at balconies but did see quite a few woman topless . It is one of the reasons I try to get a hump balcony. Keep it PG but as has been said and I will repeat

Happy wife Happy Life!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I like to go onto the balcony 1st thing in the morning in my underwear.

The wife say I should not do it?

what do you think?

The first time I ever cruised 7 years ago, I was on the Valor and went out on the balcony naked. If you want to go out in your underwear, more power to ya!!! I keep hearing you are supposed to act on the ship like you act at home. :D;p:p:evilsmile::hearteyes: