Hand luggage

skylark15

Hi we are flying from Manchester to Barbados to join the Azura on 12th November. The hand luggage is only 5k. My question is can I have a large handbag too ?

Thanks in advance

Tina🛳🛳

Is that a 5 kilo limit on free carry-on luggage? Kind of stingy. Of course you should check with you airline re: personal item in addition to carry-on.

Depends on the airline, it will probably address this even on their website. Recently returned from UK on BA. They did not weigh carry on and my wife also had a (not so small) purse. If that smaller item is small enough to fit under the seat in front of you, usually that is allowed in addition to the carry on that must go in the overhead bin. Note: I said USUALLY.

Since you make absolutely NO mention of the airline, accurate information is impossible to provide. All airlines have independent rules for cabin baggage and you are subject to the rules of whatever airline you are traveling on. Also, if there is a change of carriers during your trip, you are subject to the rules of the airline operating the flight.

Thus - check your carrier's website.

It would help us tremendously if we knew the airline(s) you are using. Like others have said, each airline has it's own cabin baggage rules and you really need to know for each airline and then use the most restrictive one.

It could be that you have a small aircraft for the final into Bridgetown, and it has severe restrictions. I've done small aircraft in the Caribbean and they have had some big restrictions.

The OP is quite possibly on a fly-cruise holiday from P&O. They may not know the operating carrier until tickets are issued--which even at 2.5 weeks before travel may not yet have occurred.

There have been plenty of reports that when such UK-based bookings use fully chartered aircraft that the carry on luggage restrictions are more stringent than those published on the carrier's website. Also that excess or overweight baggage is not accepted at all no matter how willing one is to pay the normal associated fees. Meaning that if one's carry-on is out of regs an offer to check it at one's expense will not be forthcoming, only an insistence it be left behind.

I would direct the OP to the roll call for their cruise, or the P&O board in general, as someone experience with this exact flight schedule may be there to answer.

Edited by fishywood

Hi we are flying from Manchester to Barbados to join the Azura on 12th November. The hand luggage is only 5k. My question is can I have a large handbag too ?

Thanks in advance

Tina

Skylark I suggest you post that question here

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

There will be people on there who will be able to help you. I would guess you are on a charter flight.

It really depends on which airline the OP is using and possibly the destination. For example flying on a standard ticket (there are other options) with EasyJet Manchester to Tel Aviv will NOT allow you a handbag along with your hand luggage.

OP, once you know with whom you are flying you need to check their website.

Have a great cruise

According to a P&O site, they are chartering aeroplanes from Thomson and Thomas Cook for the season's Caribbean fly/ cruises. It also says that details will be in your cruise personaliser.

(Certainly Easy Jet budget flights states that only one bag may be carried on board, which is why my friends living in Spain always wear their flying coats, which have extra large pockets... ;) )