Robo Calls Class action Settlement Charvat vs Carnival

serendipity1499

Thank you to all that were so very helpfull in detailed info on how to check for my number!!

Betty, I cannot believe that I missed the very plainly stated "....Check here to ...." Duh.....

Joanie

It's not you. I'm pretty sure that the system is designed to reduce the number of claims.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the settlement might be around $6 each.

The Court has authorized this supplemental e-mail Notice to inform consumers who have filed claims that, to date, over two million claims have been filed seeking to recover from a Settlement Fund expected to total $12.5 million.

Due to the large number of claims, the individual recovery per consumer will be a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund. The exact per consumer recovery is still unknown, but it is expected to amount to several dollars per Class Member.

Named plaintiffs are likely get around $5,000 for their troubles. Lawyers will probably get $3,000,000+. Rest of us probably between $5 and $10 each.

According to Court papers, the named Plaintiff (Philip Charvat) has requested (and IMO will probably be awarded) an "incentive award" of $50,000 ( a bit more than $5,000), and Plaintiffs' lawyers have requested (and again IMO will probably be awarded) 33.33% of the approved Settlement Fund ($7,000,000 - $12,500,000) remaining after payment of the incentive award and certain other administrative expenses, or roughly $3.5 - $4 million, PLUS their out-of-pocket expenses of about $211,000.

Class Members, on the other hand, will receive no more than $900/phone each from the Settlement Fund, with the final amount to be determined by the number of approved claims. Claimants have until November 3, 2017, to file for Class Membership, so there is no way of knowing what the per Member payout will be.

According the the e-mail from the RMG TCPA Settlement Administrator, "Due to the large number of claims, the individual recovery per consumer will be a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund. The exact per consumer recovery is still unknown, but it is expected to amount to several dollars per Class Member." (Bolding added.) I suspect that the final payout will be (slightly) more than $0.53 but (substantially) less than $5.

Is this a great country or what? $ $ $

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2017 at 4:17 PM, whogo said:

My bet is the that there will be so many people receiving compensation that the payout will be much less than $300 per phone line. $15? $5? $0.53?

I deposited a settlement check for $25.02 yesterday.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, whogo said:

Be on the lookout for a postcard sized first class mailing from RMG TCPA Settlement. I just received a supplemental payment check for $2.50. That makes $27.52 total.

You are ahead of me.  I received from memory $8 initially and today another huge check of $2.   Maybe I can buy a soda on my next cruise.