Ship shopping

mandygal00

Does anyone know exactly what shops are on the Reflection? The Celebrity website is vague on the exact stores for each ship. I am trying to compare prices on things I am looking for to see if it's a better deal on board vs. at home. Looking mostly for purses/wallets and watches, but possibly other items depending on what they have! I hear mixed reviews about buying a watch onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on REFLECTION last month and they had lots of watches........from "cheapies" to "big bucks"...are you looking

for a certain brand? Purses.......same thing......different brands at different price points.

When you ask what shops? Some of the shops carry various items, not specific brands......the watches are part of the

jewelry store.....different cases have different brands. They always have an area in the center too......like a large kiosk.

Thanks! Not looking for a specific brand watch, just something for my husband. But he won't be with me on the cruise, so I wanted to do some research beforehand. I wouldn't mind a new Michael kors purse or wallet for me! Maybe I'll wait till we're in Puerto Rico and see what they have there- that's our first port stop.

I have purchased several M Kors and Guess handbags on board....prices usually better at Dept stores when they have a sale...but nice trip souvenier!

Nice Coach outlet in San Juan..good prices

I have purchased several M Kors and Guess handbags on board....prices usually better at Dept stores when they have a sale...but nice trip souvenier!

Nice Coach outlet in San Juan..good prices

Thanks! I'll have to check out the coach outlet!

No bargains to be had on ship. especially in the days of internet shopping, where you can avoid shipping charges and sales tax.

If you want to bring something back for your husband, consider local art or if he's into jewelry something locally made (cuff links?).

Even watches though will always be better priced in port.

Thanks! Not looking for a specific brand watch, just something for my husband. But he won't be with me on the cruise, so I wanted to do some research beforehand. I wouldn't mind a new Michael kors purse or wallet for me! Maybe I'll wait till we're in Puerto Rico and see what they have there- that's our first port stop.

We just had a stop in Puerto Rico.... can get any brand of bag for about $40 at the stall right after you get out of the port area [emoji6]

What brands and price point are you looking for in watches?

If you're looking for a Citizen Eco-Drive for $200-300 or so, you'll probably do OK. You still can probably beat the price, but it will be a memorable purchase. If you're looking at Omega (sold onboard), you have to know your product, price, and market. Some models are hard to find, or are normally boutique only, so any discount is good. Others are easy to find for 10-20% off, and the ship's deal is iffy at best.

Same applies ashore. Most places will offer you around 15% off US prices (10% on Rolex or Panerai). You can do 15% or so off most watches at most actual dealers in the US, except for Rolex and usually Panerai, so your great deal is probably so-so. The dealers are legit, but you may be saving minimal money.

We just got back on March 18th from the Reflection. My advice is to wait until Friday. They have a huge clearance event on deck 4; however, many of the products were full price on sailing day. I purchased an item that was $196 on sailing day, 25% off on Wednesday, and my final price was $98 on Friday. They still had the same thing on deck 5 for full price on Friday for anyone who didn't attend the even. It was the only time the ship felt crowded, though.

Kasondra

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I'm not looking for a Citizen watch as my husband and I both already have one. But my husband is kind of a watch addict haha! And I am a purse addict! Will most likely look in San Juan and wait till the end of the cruise to shop onboard. Love having these boards for advice!

In all honestly, San Juan is probably the worst place to shop for either watches or purses. There's a sales tax, the prices are so/so to begin with, and the selection, at least in Old San Juan, isn't that great. They may be better at the mall away from town, but we've never been. San Juan used to have a Dooney & Bourke outlet in Old San Juan, but it's gone now. If you're looking at watches, you want to look in St Maarten and St Thomas, if you go to either on your cruise. Grand Cayman as a third option.

Does anyone know exactly what shops are on the Reflection? The Celebrity website is vague on the exact stores for each ship. I am trying to compare prices on things I am looking for to see if it's a better deal on board vs. at home. Looking mostly for purses/wallets and watches, but possibly other items depending on what they have! I hear mixed reviews about buying a watch onboard.

On the 5th floor you have designer shops. and jewelry, designer watches, purses etc.....honestly I that was it for the first two days and then I found your typical ship stores on deck 4...booze, t-shirts, trinkets. $10 sale items....so much to be had all the time..best time to buy last night of cruise they are getting rid of old stock making room for the new.

Go to Ballerina Jewelry in St Thomas, or in St. Maarten. Or Rays. Reputable and great places for watches and jewelry.

There are other good reputable places.

In port, just stay away from ANYTHING with "international" in the name or anything that is on the list of ship's recommended stores, as those pay the ship to advertise them.