Separate uber line at fort lauderdale airport?

Pier290

Is there a special line or area u have to go to for Uber ride pick ups?.....My husband is worried about lugging all of us and our luggage off to a far location to catch our Uber to port......I know specifically where the taxi line is at Ft Lauderdale Airport.....is Uber near there or do u just go outside and seek out your Uber?

Trying to make this hassle free with tons of luggage and 2 kids...

Thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Google "ft lauderdale airport uber"

look at the response for uber.com airports fll

Complete information about where you can get picked up.

There are specific areas for Uber.

Great!! Thx [emoji572] [emoji225] [emoji568] [emoji484]

Is there a special line or area u have to go to for Uber ride pick ups?.....My husband is worried about lugging all of us and our luggage off to a far location to catch our Uber to port......I know specifically where the taxi line is at Ft Lauderdale Airport.....is Uber near there or do u just go outside and seek out your Uber?

Thx!

I fly in and out of FLL regularly to visit family. Uber will

pick you up curbside at the commercial pick up areas. Theses are located between the terminals on the lower level. It's a very short walk. Lately I have noticed that the app doesn't always show the position of the Uber cars accurately. If you are flying in during what I affectionally call the "Cruise Crush" be patient. The airport can be a zoo both coming and going.

I fly in and out of FLL regularly to visit family. Uber will

pick you up curbside at the commercial pick up areas. Theses are located between the terminals on the lower level. It's a very short walk. Lately I have noticed that the app doesn't always show the position of the Uber cars accurately. If you are flying in during what I affectionally call the "Cruise Crush" be patient. The airport can be a zoo both coming and going.

Awesome info! Fortunately we sail on Good Friday and are the only ship in port that day!!

We considered Uber last time, but we were told we had to walk to some airport train station to catch our ride vs. walking directly outside baggage to immediately catch a taxi for an almost identical price. We switched to the taxi and we're happy we did; we paid by credit card on a seat back machine, and the car was very new and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thx!

You'll probably get more answers if you post your question on the FLA departure board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We just used Uber this Friday from terminal 18. We just walked out the exit door where friends and family member were picking up family members and the Uber driver picked us up there. Called for a Uber and he was there in six minutes. Cost$11.13 to the airport.

We just used Uber this Friday from terminal 18. We just walked out the exit door where friends and family member were picking up family members and the Uber driver picked us up there. Called for a Uber and he was there in six minutes. Cost$11.13 to the airport.

OP is asking about airport to the cruise port.

Sorry to go slightly off topic but do you tip UBER drivers?

How much would you usually tip on a ride like this?

We considered Uber last time, but we were told we had to walk to some airport train station to catch our ride vs. walking directly outside baggage to immediately catch a taxi for an almost identical price. We switched to the taxi and we're happy we did; we paid by credit card on a seat back machine, and the car was very new and clean.

Were you told that by a cab driver or someone at the taxi stand? That is entirely incorrect information.

I was on a cruise from 3/13-3/24. We tried to take Uber from the Reniassance on 17th St to the cruise port but the driver said he wasn't allowed in the cruise port. We ended up taking a van from the hotel.

Interesting, we were going to that in Feb but when we got to the lobby there was a guy asking if we wanted a ride...for $10. He was going in 5,minutes so we took him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on a cruise from 3/13-3/24. We tried to take Uber from the Reniassance on 17th St to the cruise port but the driver said he wasn't allowed in the cruise port. We ended up taking a van from the hotel.

I'm not sure why your driver didn't want to make the run, but I assure you that uber is allowed to drive in to the terminals. In March 12th we took uber to terminal 25. The driver put an uber sign on his dashboard and identified himself as an uber driver at the port security booth.

Bad experience with Uber at Miami airport a few weeks ago. Looking for the taxi line, we were directed by a doorman to a Uber (unidentified) instead. He charged us exactly double the going rate for our ride to the hotel. We found out later Uber isn't supposed to pick up at the airport. Won't take Uber again...they can charge what they like with a captive market. Fool me once, etc!

Bad experience with Uber at Miami airport a few weeks ago. Looking for the taxi line, we were directed by a doorman to a Uber (unidentified) instead. He charged us exactly double the going rate for our ride to the hotel. We found out later Uber isn't supposed to pick up at the airport. Won't take Uber again...they can charge what they like with a captive market. Fool me once, etc!

Why do you think that the car you go into was an Uber? Did you pay via the Uber app on your phone?

Sounds like you got scammed, but it wasn't by Uber. You order Uber thru the app, and you don't pay anything -- your credit card is billed, and you know ahead of time what the approx. costs will be. You just don't walk up and get into any Uber car like you do with a taxi.

We did an Uber from FLL 1st week of Feb . After pick-up was confirmed the driver called me and said to meet him curbside, upstairs from Baggage Claim. This was a passenger drop-off area. Pick-up was smooth and clean and way less crowded than the pick-up level.

Edited by decamp303
Wrong year in text.

We think you were conned. Uber does not work that way as their drivers must be summoned via their apps and the passengers must be pre-registered with payment made through the Uber App (charged directly to your credit card). With Uber, the App will tell you the exact price before you even summon a driver. In Miami and Ft Lauderdale there are plenty of "gypsy" cabs (not licensed or insured) that might try to con a user that they are Uber of Lyft.

If an Uber driver started doing the kind of pick-up you describe...while they were logged onto Uber...they would lose their Uber job. When an Uber driver goes to work, he/she logs on via their phone app and they they are controlled by the Uber software. Real Uber drivers are not paid in cash!

The "doorman" who directed you to the car was likely part of the scam and got a kick-back. We have run into the same problem at Miami and Ft Lauderdale hotels where a hotel staff person (knowing we needed a taxi) will direct us to a gypsy cab... When this happens we ask a few questions (who do you work for?, what is your price?, etc) and they will usually want about double the normal price. We just laugh and summon Uber or Lyft on our phone.

Hank

I think they are counting on people who know nothing about the Uber app or how to use it.

We think you were conned. Uber does not work that way as their drivers must be summoned via their apps and the passengers must be pre-registered with payment made through the Uber App (charged directly to your credit card). With Uber, the App will tell you the exact price before you even summon a driver. In Miami and Ft Lauderdale there are plenty of "gypsy" cabs (not licensed or insured) that might try to con a user that they are Uber of Lyft.

If an Uber driver started doing the kind of pick-up you describe...while they were logged onto Uber...they would lose their Uber job. When an Uber driver goes to work, he/she logs on via their phone app and they they are controlled by the Uber software. Real Uber drivers are not paid in cash!

The "doorman" who directed you to the car was likely part of the scam and got a kick-back. We have run into the same problem at Miami and Ft Lauderdale hotels where a hotel staff person (knowing we needed a taxi) will direct us to a gypsy cab... When this happens we ask a few questions (who do you work for?, what is your price?, etc) and they will usually want about double the normal price. We just laugh and summon Uber or Lyft on our phone.

Hank