Offal at breakfast

scouse mouse

There is pie with kidney or something at the Int'l Cafe. Have not noticed it at breakfast. It is available interchangeably daily with pie with meat.

Said pie also available on menu at Pub Lunch on the Emerald last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise in July (21 days) on the Crown Princess it was a Baltic & Norway cruise. In the buffet there was kidneys every morning for breakfast that we ate there. Not on the Menu in the MDR for breakfast. Did not see any liver.

personally, I think offal is disgusting, but my dear husband loves liver and kidneys with breakfast. Does princess have these obnoxious items on their menus?

Hopefully they don't.:evilsmile::evilsmile:

Not that I have seen on any menu but have seen them in the buffet.

Or as Tony Bourdain calls them "The Nasty Bits" :)

Srpilo

I think of haggis and {{shudder}}. Maybe to use as a rugby football.

And chitlins--chitterlings--their one saving grace is they fit on a kabob.

But (and here is where my own ox is gored): I have aways been partial to gizzards. Mmm--deep fried, still tender, better than bacon! Just remember to remove the crop! And so endeth the paean to offal as food, having wandered off into the weeds.

I think of haggis and {{shudder}}. Maybe to use as a rugby football.

And chitlins--chitterlings--their one saving grace is they fit on a kabob.

But (and here is where my own ox is gored): I have aways been partial to gizzards. Mmm--deep fried, still tender, better than bacon! Just remember to remove the crop! And so endeth the paean to offal as food, having wandered off into the weeds.

Once long ago I was having Thanksgiving dinner with my aunt, cousins, and family. My cousins husbands were very much into pheasant hunting and there was a small bowl full of breaded and fried pheasant hearts. I politely declined to eat them and was then harassed for an hour or so until I finally picked one up and bit it in half. I chewed and swallowed (not bad actually) and then held the other half up and said something like, "Oh, look! If you bite it in half it looks like a little dog's @$$h0|3!" (It really did, too.) Not exactly delicate and refined but it got the job done. They quit hassling me after that.

personally, I think offal is disgusting, but my dear husband loves liver and kidneys with breakfast. Does princess have these obnoxious items on their menus?

Hopefully they don't.:evilsmile::evilsmile:

I never seen it myself. If I did you couldn't get me to eat it. Yuck!!! :eek:

Tony

Offal is pronounced the same as "awful" which is a perfect description. I don't eat guts. ;p

How about that, I find a thread I can agree with you on! I recall clearly the last time I ate the "awful," I puked my guts out for 2 days! Never again, it was OFFAL! :eek:

I suppose one could always go down to Colonel Sanders and order up a "Bucket of Beaks and Knees". Finger licken' good! At least it's not Offal. :rolleyes:

Okay, what are Beaks and Knees at the Sanders? Do they still serve gizzards and livers? Another nasty stuff served on the ship are bangers! Just too much sexual visualizing for me.

In the pecking order of an animal kill, big lion gets to get the kidneys liver and heart so they must be the most nutritious parts. Love most of it and don't forget the black pudding at breakfast made with a lot of pigs blood, it's a treat. Signed king of the jungle.