Sabatinis --so many choices!

Alaskanb

I always order burrata for my appetizer, and I do like the Veal for my main entree, but I asked for a side of the risotto (that comes with the lobster 3 ways). I like the barley risotto, but don't care for the lobster, so this way I get what I like most from that dish and I get the veal. Win-win for me. :)

When my wife, daughter and I dine there, between the three of us we pretty much order one of almost everything on the menu and share. It works out like chef's tasting menu where we get 7 or 8 "courses" of small plates. We love dining like this wherever we go and Sabatini's plays right into our strength.

We've found that the taste of the food in Sabatini's varies depending on the waters you're sailing in. Everyone enjoys different flavours but Sabatini's can be really hit and miss. When it's good it's magnificent, but when it's not so good you really want your money back.

We've found that the taste of the food in Sabatini's varies depending on the waters you're sailing in.

I'm really curious. How does the ship's location in the Caribbean make the food taste different than if the ship is sailing in New England? Are you suggesting that the food is sourced locally such that the different locations result in different quality ingredients? Or are you suggesting that they use sea water in the food's preparation? I know that Mario Batali suggests salting your pasta water to the point where it tastes like the sea, but I don't think that Sabatini's takes him literally and uses sea water to boil their pasta.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in late May/early June. We want to have dinner at Sabatinis and I am wondering what other folks have enjoyed there. How have you balanced the courses so that you are not overly stuffed?
I like the appetizers so much I will order at least 3, have the pasta dish (manicotti) and 2 deserts and skip the entree. As the other readers have pointed out you pretty much can do and order whatever you like!

It looks like I can only quote two previous posts. The one that didn't make is was Woobstr's. I would second his recommendation of the Osso Buco. In quite a few visits to Sabatini's on four or five ships we have been offered the Osso Buco only once. It was amazing.

We've found that the taste of the food in Sabatini's varies depending on the waters you're sailing in. Everyone enjoys different flavours but Sabatini's can be really hit and miss. When it's good it's magnificent, but when it's not so good you really want your money back.

I don't think it is the waters that cause the difference. I think it is the staff--both front of the room and back of the room. Some are not as good as they should be. Interestingly enough, I fiind more inconsistency in Crown Grill than in Sabatini's. As they always say, though, your mileage may vary.

I like the appetizers so much I will order at least 3, have the pasta dish (manicotti) and 2 deserts and skip the entree. As the other readers have pointed out you pretty much can do and order whatever you like!

My wife does this all the time. If she substitutes a appetizer for her entree, the server will usually ask if she would like a "entree portion." Sometimes she does, and sometimes she doesn't.

I also second JennyBenny's recommendation of the Burrata app. On the other hand, lately, I have been won over by the Mussel and Bean soup.

Have a great cruise.

It looks like I can only quote two previous posts. The one that didn't make is was Woobstr's. I would second his recommendation of the Osso Buco. In quite a few visits to Sabatini's on four or five ships we have been offered the Osso Buco only once. It was amazing.

I don't think it is the waters that cause the difference. I think it is the staff--both front of the room and back of the room. Some are not as good as they should be. Interestingly enough, I fiind more inconsistency in Crown Grill than in Sabatini's. As they always say, though, your mileage may vary.

My wife does this all the time. If she substitutes a appetizer for her entree, the server will usually ask if she would like a "entree portion." Sometimes she does, and sometimes she doesn't.

I also second JennyBenny's recommendation of the Burrata app. On the other hand, lately, I have been won over by the Mussel and Bean soup.

Have a great cruise.

I'm drooling --so glad I asked for opinions. :D

I'm really curious. ....... are you suggesting that they use sea water in the food's preparation? I know that Mario Batali suggests salting your pasta water to the point where it tastes like the sea, but I don't think that Sabatini's takes him literally and uses sea water to boil their pasta.

That is so funny :cool:

I think others realised I was trying to say politely, that whoever cooks the meals, wherever you are in the world, on whichever Princess ship you're sailing, has total control over the quality and taste of your meal :-)