How are the Swans doing?

The quality of the finals so far has been pretty awful. The Port/Eagles matching was thrilling but only because of the draw - standard of play to get to that stage was woeful. Two teams playing bad footy and not much scoring. The pre finals matches were much better quality as a sweeping statement.

The quality of the finals so far has been pretty awful. The Port/Eagles matching was thrilling but only because of the draw - standard of play to get to that stage was woeful. Two teams playing bad footy and not much scoring. The pre finals matches were much better quality as a sweeping statement.

Agreed, it seems the games are very lopsided affairs with some teams just capitulating midway through the second quarter.

Agreed, it seems the games are very lopsided affairs with some teams just capitulating midway through the second quarter.

Husband loves a good contest without really following a team. So he’s really peeved. Me? GO CROWS. We disagree at this time of the year. So far I’m happier than he is. Hope that sticks.

Going on the form for the year, the Crows should win, they are also at home so they should win. But this is finals footy and as we have already seen, anything can happen. I really hope for a Crows vs Giants Grand final now but it could easily be Cats vs Tigers, Crows vs Tigers or Cats vs Giants.

Adelaide v Geelong 7:50 Fri 22

Richmond v GWS 4:45 Sat 23

So sad about last night.

Adelaide v Geelong. Friday 7.50, Adelaide Oval

Richmond v GWS. Saturday 4.45, MCG

Thanks mates!! Found it on TV here and will set my alarm again. Geelong better win :D

ML

Wow, a couple of quick goals to the Crows and it was over. They ended up kicking 42 points to 16 in the last quarter to finish 136 - 75.

Tomorrow night I will be cheering for the Giants although I think the Tigers may be too strong.

If GWS win I reckon all of SA people will be able to buy GF tickets. Gosh the Geelong players know how to drop the knees to get the free! The opening comments on ch 7 were very moving - Crows have been through so much as a team in the last 3 years - murder of their coach in the middle of the playing season, death of another coach through cancer just later. They are a first class team. Go Eddie. What a Champion.

No, after going for the Swans you can't just change species, you have to go for another Bird like the Crows.:p

LOL!! I think I had to support the team that killed the Swans. But then they were killed by Adelaide. Footy is is soooo unfair :loudcry:!

Sad news--we won't get to see Richmond-GWS. They are showing NRL Roosters vs Cowboys????

Please post when the GF is and I will watch (if we are home. If it's 9/28--10/1, we'll be gone :-( Wish I could be there in person!

ML

LOL!! I think I had to support the team that killed the Swans. But then they were killed by Adelaide. Footy is is soooo unfair :loudcry:!

Sad news--we won't get to see Richmond-GWS. They are showing NRL Roosters vs Cowboys????

Please post when the GF is and I will watch (if we are home. If it's 9/28--10/1, we'll be gone :-( Wish I could be there in person!

ML

Ahhh so they've got the real football on.

ML

Grand final on Saturday 30th at 2.30pm Australian Eastern time. I think 10.30pm Friday in New Mexico.

You have my deepest sympathies for have that rugby stuff inflicted upon you.

I had my first real outing since my big day at the Epworth. Various folk around the train wearing purple stuff. Apparently there was some sort of rugby thing in Melbourne last night. Who knew?

Edited by Docker123

Ahhh so they've got the real football on.

So Mr Gut, in your humble opinion what is the 'real football?' English Premier League ? Now you are talking my learned friend.:cool:

That is the case for the Prosecution, M'Lord.

ML

Never mind, I will try and keep you posted but I am Baby sitting my granddaughter which is a non footy watching time apparently.

Grand final on Saturday 30th at 2.30pm Australian Eastern time. I think 10.30pm Friday in New Mexico.

You have my deepest sympathies for have that rugby stuff inflicted upon you.

I had my first real outing since my big day at the Epworth. Various folk around the train wearing purple stuff. Apparently there was some sort of rugby thing in Melbourne last night. Who knew?

I tried to add Mr Gut's message about real football, but it only takes 2 quotes (dumb system). But--LOL Mr Gut, I guess Fox Sports thinks rugby is better than AFL semi's. They do a lot wrong :D

I meant to watch the rugby but I fell asleep!

Never mind, I will try and keep you posted but I am Baby sitting my granddaughter which is a non footy watching time apparently.

Watch the baby, way more important than footy.

OMG--did I really just write that :eek:

And I will miss the GF since we will be on a guest ranch for a mini-college reunion Friday thru Sunday morning. No TV, no internet, bare cell phone coverage if we're lucky. Grrrrr...

Hope you all enjoy the game, I'll be thinking of you!

ML

I tried to add Mr Gut's message about real football, but it only takes 2 quotes (dumb system). But--LOL Mr Gut, I guess Fox Sports thinks rugby is better than AFL semi's. They do a lot wrong :D

I meant to watch the rugby but I fell asleep!

Watch the baby, way more important than footy.

OMG--did I really just write that :eek:

And I will miss the GF since we will be on a guest ranch for a mini-college reunion Friday thru Sunday morning. No TV, no internet, bare cell phone coverage if we're lucky. Grrrrr...

Hope you all enjoy the game, I'll be thinking of you!

ML

Yeah, love that baby (16 months old now) so much, besides, real football is the world game / Soccer.

Have fun and perhaps before you go you should brush up on your ranch skills by watching 'City Slickers'.

My son, granddaughter and I attended the Tigers v GWS game yesterday. After a very warm 30 during the afternoon, the wind became cooler and very blustery which made conditions on the ground very difficult for the players. It was amazing to see the Tigers' supporters perhaps 85000 so excited and emotional and who vastly outnumbered the GWS supporters plus the more neutral fans like us The noise from the Tiger army was incredibly loud. You couldn't hear the person beside you. Very difficult not to get caught up in the excitement.

Really looking forward to attending the GF next Saturday.

Leigh

My son, granddaughter and I attended the Tigers v GWS game yesterday. After a very warm 30 during the afternoon, the wind became cooler and very blustery which made conditions on the ground very difficult for the players. It was amazing to see the Tigers' supporters perhaps 85000 so excited and emotional and who vastly outnumbered the GWS supporters plus the more neutral fans like us The noise from the Tiger army was incredibly loud. You couldn't hear the person beside you. Very difficult not to get caught up in the excitement.

Really looking forward to attending the GF next Saturday.

Leigh

Will you be in the red, yellow and blue or the black and gold?

Will you be in the red, yellow and blue or the black and gold?

Have to support the fellow Vics so it will be the Tigers Mic. Never thought I would say that! 😁

I hope it is a fantastic exciting game whoever wins. Of course I'll also be barracking for Storm against the Cowboys on Sunday.

Leigh