My wife and I are looking to depart around April of 2018. We are looking at Carnival due to the affordability. We are finding conflicting answers on most of our searches due to the nature of them being opinionated answers. Would anyone here be willing to assist with this list of questions and provide some much needed insight from past experiences to help us out? Here is a list of our questions or advice requests:
- Is April a good time of year to go to the eastern Caribbean or Bahamas? we will be sailing out of either Florida or South Carolina. Also is April a good time to avoid to many children? We do not mind children as we have four of our own, just trying to take a vacation for us.
- Are suites worth the money to upgrade over a balcony? We are really interested in going for a suite because they look nice, but is it really worth it?
- Should we buy the carnival drink package? I keep seeing really mixed reviews on it, we plan on having 3-10 drinks each a day.
- Are there meetings with people taking the cruise before hand so that we can get to know a few of the people we will be sailing with before debarkation?
- Are the gyms normally good quality? We do HIT most of the time, and it can require a lot of space, or should we switch to doing cardio machines while one the cruise?
- Should we expect rude people? We have read many horror stories of terrible staff members, crew members, and just outright rude people being on the cruise, is this common or is it something that happens infrequently but stands out to people who let it ruin their cruise?
- Are the early embarking packages worth the price?
- Lastly, Travel agent or no? the one I have talked to locally did not seem to have many answers for my questions and it has kind of made me a bit leery of their services.
Thanks for taking your time to read this, hopefully, after our cruise, we can answer questions like this for other people.