Guarantee Question

MICKEYK1

The guarantee means you get at least the worst cabin in that category, but you could go all the way to the Captain's Quarters. You just never know. Your "guarantee" suit could turn out to be orange!

Looking at a guarantee veranda priced higher than a 2d & 2c. Does the higher

price guarantee a category higher than the 2d/c or do I run the risk of the

lower category?

I've never seen guarantee fares higher than one of the subcategories. I would check to make sure all the perks are equal, then book a 2c or 2d based on your location preferences.

With prices that wacky I'd just choose the cabin I wanted. You should never go into a guarantee expecting a particular cabin category. All you can really bank on is 2D, and if that's what you're assigned you'll kick yourself for paying more than you had to.

lower category?

If outside final payment, go less expensive assigned veranda, get known quantity. You can often 'buy up" to better category later, even after final, when/if those prices drop to level you like the value/$ tradeoff. Just have to keep close watch over time.

Good Luck

lower category?

Your replies confirmed my interpretation. Booked a 2c skipping the 2d for a $40 cost, CPT Club one bump moved me to a 2b. $440 savings. Thanks for

your input.:D

Congratulations.

What ship and date? I just want to see the Gty pricing that is higher than 2d and 2c.

Thanks.

Congratulations.

What ship and date? I just want to see the Gty pricing that is higher than 2d and 2c.

Thanks.

EQUINOX 9 DEC 2016 From FLL. Not booked thru Celebrity. Used a cruise t/a often inappropriately identified on these boards.:eek:

EQUINOX 9 DEC 2016 From FLL. Not booked thru Celebrity. Used a cruise t/a often inappropriately identified on these boards.:eek:

You ended up with a category and price that you wanted and that is the most important thing.

I went to the Celebrity web site and the GTY balcony is less expensive than any other balcony category. This was true with the Better (two perks) for the Big price or the senior discount. Perhaps the TA made an error or Celebrity corrected a previous error on the website. Or maybe somehow a special group rate impacted the numbers for certain categories.

The bottom line is that you booked. Enjoy your cruise.

While on the Constellation TA earlier this month I booked a OV guarantee on the Summit for February 2017. It was assigned two days later. Earlier this week I decided to upgrade the cabin to Aqua Class guarantee. It was assigned two days later. It saved me $300 booking guarantee.

On our sailing the guarantee is more expensive than the other cabins in the concierge group, I did ask the question on this board as to why anyone would book a guarantee if it were more expensive and it seems that we in the UK see the prices different ! the guarantee is £2998 and the C3 £2698.

My guess is that the TA created a promotional group when prices were lower for the 2D and 2C. The TA is able to maintain and offer the exclusive lower prices for a limited number of staterooms in those group-held categories for a limited time, along with whatever perks are offered for that category at the time that you pay your deposit.

Edited by royalcruz

On our sailing the guarantee is more expensive than the other cabins in the concierge group, I did ask the question on this board as to why anyone would book a guarantee if it were more expensive and it seems that we in the UK see the prices different ! the guarantee is £2998 and the C3 £2698.

August 6, Equinox? On the US site it shows the C3 at the same price as the XC which is strange enough. But the XC is less than the C2. It does make one wonder if it is an error, but as you said previously it has been there a while.

Some people book a gty cabin to save money. Orhers hope to get a good upgrade. Never book a gty cabin in a category below your basic needs. If you want that window, do not book an inside gty. You may be looking at the walls. I have booked gty cabins when the savings is substantial. I am flexible as to location. Usually I get a cabin in the lowest booked category. I have never been in terrible location. Last year, I booked a gty cabin on the Summit. I liked it enough to request that same cabin again. I have friends who got an upgrade to aqua class and are now booking only aqua class cabins. Never book a gty if you want to be in a specific cabin.

My guess is that the TA created a promotional group when prices were lower for the 2D and 2C. The TA is able to maintain and offer the exclusive lower prices for a limited number of staterooms in those group-held categories for a limited time, along with whatever perks are offered for that category at the time that you pay your deposit.

We are on the December 9, 2016 Equinox as well, and I believe that is exactly what happened. We made the booking through that same agency last October while we and the agency were on another Celebrity ship. We were able to grab an OV at a price significantly lower than I have seen anywhere with all the perks and the nice onboard booking bonuses as well.

Prices have been rising on that sailing ever since.

Edited by bosswench

Some people book a gty cabin to save money. Orhers hope to get a good upgrade. Never book a gty cabin in a category below your basic needs. If you want that window, do not book an inside gty. You may be looking at the walls. I have booked gty cabins when the savings is substantial. I am flexible as to location. Usually I get a cabin in the lowest booked category. I have never been in terrible location. Last year, I booked a gty cabin on the Summit. I liked it enough to request that same cabin again. I have friends who got an upgrade to aqua class and are now booking only aqua class cabins. Never book a gty if you want to be in a specific cabin.

Completely agree! I have only booked a couple guarantees. One there ended up being a great sale before departure and I upgraded. On Summit I did an inside guarantee and am fine with whatever. I already got assigned a cabin on deck 2. I have never been on a deck that low and wonder if it is really quiet. I am hoping so, in which case that my end up being my deck of choice.

• 9 months later...

First time booked a guarantee. Have an AQ guarantee on Millennium next month. Currently, Aqua and suites sold out. Should I be worried?

At what point do they assign the accessible cabins? Would like Blu but don't want to be left on pier in Hong Kong..

First time booked a guarantee. Have an AQ guarantee on Millennium next month. Currently, Aqua and suites sold out. Should I be worried?

At what point do they assign the accessible cabins? Would like Blu but don't want to be left on pier in Hong Kong..

When did you book? Lately it seems they have been assigning the guarantees within 48 hours or so.

This past Tuesday night. Does sold out mean sold out or are there any cabins in reserve?

Honestly, I do not know. Hang in there. I think you will be assigned soon. They will not notify you. You have to log into your account and go to Manage Reservation. Please keep us posted.