Do we need to bring our own tea?

Kamlee

When we cruised on Quest last December they were serving Fields and Selects "tea". We will be back on board in a few weeks. Have they returned to serving Twinings tea, or do we need to bring our own?

Kampol and Lee

When we cruised on Quest last December they were serving Fields and Selects "tea". We will be back on board in a few weeks. Have they returned to serving Twinings tea, or do we need to bring our own?

Kampol and Lee

On the Journey they definitely have Twinings - they still have the weak Fields and Selects but if you can't see the Twinings on the counter, you can ask for it. We always ask for Twinings in Mosaic.

I always take my own. We have room service morning tea every morning and they bring an assortment of tea bags which includes only one 'normal' tea, the rest are flavoured teas. Also we agree with you , the Fields and Select teas are not to our taste - we like our 'Yorkshire' tea, made very strong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always take my own. We have room service morning tea every morning and they bring an assortment of tea bags which includes only one 'normal' tea, the rest are flavoured teas.

Why not just ask for Twining's English Breakfast with your breakfast order? Or take some from the buffet to your room so you'll have them mornings?

We add milk, but no sugar. You're right, but it was getting the mixture that set us off - if we had been given all Twinings the first time we ordered morning tea we'd probably have made do, but that made us think how much we prefer our Yorkshire tea, and it's no bother to pack a poly bag full of tea bags.

the way you "love" your tea...when you live in the UK!! :cool: I don't drink coffee...and really love my tea...and I have brought my own...TBH...I do like some of those "flavors"...like Cinnamon Apple etc...that would probably not be "your cup of tea" right??? :o I have a friend who now lives in Canada...grew up in the UK...and thinks it is just awful that I heat my water for my tea in the microwave!! :confused: YIKES...who knew??? ;) BTW...I board Journey in just over a week...better "pack my tea", right??? LuAnn

Never sailed Azamara before, so my question is:

Are there kettles in the cabins?

grandma cruising

I always take my own. We have room service morning tea every morning and they bring an assortment of tea bags which includes only one 'normal' tea, the rest are flavoured teas. Also we agree with you , the Fields and Select teas are not to our taste - we like our 'Yorkshire' tea, made very strong!

If not, does the water come hot when ordered by room service.

I assume it cannot be boiling, if it has travelled from a kitchen, or do they bring it in a flask (thermos)

There is nothing worse than luke warm tea.

Edited by upwarduk

No, there are no kettles in the rooms, but the water does come in thermos jugs. Usually pretty hot - just occasionally it comes in a jug that has recently been used for coffee - that doesn't taste so good!

I have noticed that sometimes too. I've been on Journey and some of the stainless steel thermos jugs have a sticker near the neck saying "hot water" on them and they are fine. Ask for one of those!

Phil

Just had a thought. We too always take our t bags (we have the PG Strong ones) every time we are away, be it in the UK or otherwise.

Would it be acceptable if we ordered a tray of tea from room service in the morning but that we could top it up with hot water if we bring a travel kettle?

I am presuming though that they don't bring you a pot of tea but a flash of hot water hence the travel kettle.

Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
I think you'll find your own kettle is a prohibited item to bring onboard. It would be nice if with the enhancements next year they would include in cabin tea/coffee making facilities.

Phil

Phil you probably know more about this than I, but my impression is that only ships sailing out of the UK have kettles in the cabins [i have seen reports that some ships bring them out for Southampton sailings, then stow them away again on the next cruise]. Even though I am an American, I hate to make tea with "hot" water rather than boiling water. I also understand the desire for good strong tea -- I worked my way from Lipton to Red Rose to Twinings English Breakfast, then Irish Breakfast, then Ceylon Breakfast [which they seem to have discontinued], and now only buy loose Ceylon Dimbula from a NYC tea merchant that has been in business long enough that they proudly proclaim they don't charge sales tax "because we fought a war over that!" But then, I can't get coffee made to my liking on any cruise ship either. Oh, the sacrifices we make when we travel!