Celebrity Luggage Valet

duegwb

Luggage Valet is not free.

It's $25 per person plus any airline fees.

It's currently only available from Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Your flights have to be within the time frame they specify and on the airlines which are participating,

Luggage Valet is not free.

It's $25 per person plus any airline fees.

It's currently only available from Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Your flights have to be within the time frame they specify and on the airlines which are participating,

I just read that the city of Seattle will be offering it for free when sailing into their port. It is to encourage pax to stay and enjoy the city without the hassle of hauling their luggage around. I am sailing next month and hope they have instituted it by then. We are also flying on Southwest so no luggage fees to pay. :)

We really like luggage valet. Heard that celebrity discontinued it. Sounds like it isn't true! True

It was discontinued briefly sometime between Feb 2016 when we used it last and was reinstated in Jan of 2017 on Eclipse as a trial, then fleetwide in Miami and Port Everglades. I believe in part it was brought back due to a great deal of passenger protest. I also heard it was to be reinstated in Seattle. The fee (at least in Miami and Port Everglades) is $25 @ person + any applicable airline baggage fees. Only certain airlines participate and flights must depart no earlier than 12 noon or 2PM depending on port. I don't know the fees or departure times from Seattle.

• 2 months later...
Glad it was reinstated! I recall it was available for flights after 12 noon and later for example, if you docked in miami but were flying from fort lauderdale or visa versa. Great service! Only need to take carryon luggage off the ship!

We are cruising on Equinox from Miami, but flying to/from Fort Lauderdale on Southwest and this is fantastic news!

Any advice on transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Doubletree hotel in Miami and then from port to Fort Lauderdale airport?

We are cruising on Equinox from Miami, but flying to/from Fort Lauderdale on Southwest and this is fantastic news!

Any advice on transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Doubletree hotel in Miami and then from port to Fort Lauderdale airport?

Just of note, if you are docking in Miami and flying out of FLL, there is a earliest time listed for which luggage valet is available. It is later than I thought it would be. Hopefully, you have an afternoon flight. I think the earliest cut off was around 2 PM or something like that. They make NO exceptions even if your flight is 5 minutes prior to that. But if you are able to use it, the service is fantastic. I just used it in Seattle when flying on Southwest... the best thing about it is you don't have to be so fussy about the weight of your luggage ... 55 lbs?? ... no problem.

After researching how to get back to FLL from the Port of Miami, I saw that SAS is very highly recommended by pax here on cruise critic. It is $13 - $15 pp depending on how many people are in the shuttle. Others have recommended Uber but when I looked that up, it really wasn't cheaper for just 2 people. I guess the convenience of not waiting to fill the shuttle is always a benefit with using Uber, though.

I have no recommendations for transport to a hotel in Miami but will keep my eyes peeled for what others recommend.

Just of note, if you are docking in Miami and flying out of FLL, there is a earliest time listed for which luggage valet is available. It is later than I thought it would be. Hopefully, you have an afternoon flight. I think the earliest cut off was around 2 PM or something like that. They make NO exceptions even if your flight is 5 minutes prior to that. But if you are able to use it, the service is fantastic. I just used it in Seattle when flying on Southwest... the best thing about it is you don't have to be so fussy about the weight of your luggage ... 55 lbs?? ... no problem.

After researching how to get back to FLL from the Port of Miami, I saw that SAS is very highly recommended by pax here on cruise critic. It is $13 - $15 pp depending on how many people are in the shuttle. Others have recommended Uber but when I looked that up, it really wasn't cheaper for just 2 people. I guess the convenience of not waiting to fill the shuttle is always a benefit with using Uber, though.

I have no recommendations for transport to a hotel in Miami but will keep my eyes peeled for what others recommend.

Last November we took Uber X (good for 2 with luggage) from the Embassy Suites (17th Street) to the Port of Miami. Total cost was $33.68. The advantages over a shuttle were many. We did not call for an Uber car until we were ready to leave (no need to deal with a schedule). We had our own private car/driver who picked us up at the door.....and dropped us at the correct cruise terminal. There was no delay waiting for others, no extra pick-up stops at other hotels, and no delays in the Port to drop other passengers at different piers.

Hank

Thanks! We have used Luggage Valet before and it was wonderful. Our flight isn't until 5 PM - the same flight we were on when we used Luggage Valet on Allure in April. I just assumed we'd be lugging our luggage from Miami to FLL.

I'll check out SAS and Uber. Thanks for the advice. This is our first Celebrity cruise.

Thanks for the info. I'll check Uber.

Last November we took Uber X (good for 2 with luggage) from the Embassy Suites (17th Street) to the Port of Miami. Total cost was $33.68. The advantages over a shuttle were many. We did not call for an Uber car until we were ready to leave (no need to deal with a schedule). We had our own private car/driver who picked us up at the door.....and dropped us at the correct cruise terminal. There was no delay waiting for others, no extra pick-up stops at other hotels, and no delays in the Port to drop other passengers at different piers.

Hank

Just used Celebrity's luggage valet service in Seattle... free for suite guests... and it was great. Left the ship with a carry-on and will see our bags at our destination. At least that's my hope. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few things. Yes it does work from a Miami port to FLL. Southwest only flys to FLL. For Southwest, your flight had to be from 2:00pm to 6:00pm on the day the ship arrived in port. WEIGHT OVERAGES are actually covered but additional luggage fees on airlines that charge them are not. I remember the time cuttoff for other airline flights was 11:59pm.

BUT airlines will not give boarding passes until 24hrs before your flight, so if you have a very late flight, Celebrity can't get you your boarding pass until very late the night before.