On Marina now...

mpfund

and noticed excessive cleaning in Terraces today for the first time. We were on the ill-fated noro cruise on Riviera in Feburary so are a bit gun shy. The crew member doing the cleaning corroborated "gastro intestional" illness but could not/would not state numbers. Reception denied any noro on board.

If anyone has further info, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Maybe time of year

read some Bugs in Australia

Azamara & Adonia had a G.I. problem last week on one of their ships

Take the proper hand washing precautions

Stay healthy

Edited by LHT28

[emoji37] noro aside, who is the cruise director now? We are on the Marina in December and hoping for a healthy, fun ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was David Peterson when we were on Marina in Aug. I have no idea who it is now.

Sounds as if they are being proactive. Perhaps there is a passenger or a crew member under the weather, and they want to be sure to head off any possibility of it spreading.

That's a good thing, in my opinion. Hope you have a safe and healthy rest of your trip!

Nobody, but nobody wants to be on a NORO CRUISE! :mad:

That being said, has Oceania experienced any Noro Virus episodes since those outbreaks last winter??

Not that I have heard of. We were on Riviera for 3 weeks in July and the ship was perfect. Sure hope this is not a re run of last year, but there is no reason to think so. Ship has been clean for the last 7 or so months since the Feb. cruise that we were on was cut short. Think good thoughts. :):):)

and noticed excessive cleaning in Terraces today for the first time. We were on the ill-fated noro cruise on Riviera in Feburary so are a bit gun shy. The crew member doing the cleaning corroborated "gastro intestional" illness but could not/would not state numbers. Reception denied any noro on board.

If anyone has further info, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Oh, no, M. I hope the reason is precaution and as someone mentioned, just one or two that have it. I know you don't want it again. ;)

We have the Mariner booked for the first of February. Crossing fingers for a healthy sailing.

Just returned from a 2 week Celebrity cruise to Canada. A cold was getting passed around the ship. I came down with it the day we disembarked. Unfortunately, we had two days post cruise in NYC so I didn't feel that well. Fine now, though.

As a reminder it is time for flu shots, I just got mine a couple weeks ago. If you have not gotten yours yet and you intend to get one I have a good suggestion for you. I had my shot given to me in my hip, instead of my arm. I never felt a thing, and everyone that has had it in their arm, has said that their arm was sore for the next several days to one week! I have to admit this was the first time it was offered to me, as an option in my hip, but I'm glad I did it that way! Hope everyone stays very healthy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I fell into conversation with a woman last night who is a nurse and had to visit the medical center for another purpose. She was there for 3 hours due to back up and noticed at least 5-6 complaints of g.i. distress. No official word yet.

Crossing fingers for you. :) How much longer is your cruise?

As a reminder it is time for flu shots, I just got mine a couple weeks ago. If you have not gotten yours yet and you intend to get one I have a good suggestion for you. I had my shot given to me in my hip, instead of my arm. I never felt a thing, and everyone that has had it in their arm, has said that their arm was sore for the next several days to one week! I have to admit this was the first time it was offered to me, as an option in my hip, but I'm glad I did it that way! Hope everyone stays very healthy!

I had my flu shot mid September because we were leaving for a cruise on October 1st. Had it in the arm and did not have any pain. What I did have, was an allergic reaction that made my throat swell. An odd occurrence for me. Thought it was my thyroid acting up as it became huge! (Had vaccine early in the morning and throat swelled that afternoon. :eek: I do have existing thyroid disease.) After many new thyroid test (blood test, scans, biopsies and $$$) it was determined that it must have been an allergy to the flu vaccine. We will watch carefully when I have one next year. :rolleyes:

I fell into conversation with a woman last night who is a nurse and had to visit the medical center for another purpose. She was there for 3 hours due to back up and noticed at least 5-6 complaints of g.i. distress. No official word yet.

If any guest is displaying symptoms of GI illness surely they should not be visiting the medical centre? They should contact the centre from their stateroom and should be visited there by a nurse

If any guest is displaying symptoms of GI illness surely they should not be visiting the medical centre? They should contact the centre from their stateroom and should be visited there by a nurse

It makes sense but I didn't realize that they make "cabin calls"

=

I was one of those sick in February 2016. They do not make cabin calls. You have to sit and wait to see the doctor.

-

And maybe spread the germs to everyone else in the med. center and every elevator and hallway that they walk in along the way. Sounds like cabin calls would be a smart way to help prevent the spread of this sickness.

It may have something to do with how many nurses they have on the ship & when they are "on duty "

I know my neighbour was working on HAL they had 3 nurses but they each did a different shift so sometimes she was on call during the night

The ship had about 3000 pax + crew

=

I was one of those sick in February 2016. They do not make cabin calls. You have to sit and wait to see the doctor.

-

This is a very foolhardy protocol and should be changed ASAP.

I have been unfortunate enough to have Noro on a cruise. It is hideous and there is no way I could or would have left my cabin to visit the medical centre. You can use your imagination as to why this would have been impossible

I have been unfortunate enough to have Noro on a cruise. It is hideous and there is no way I could or would have left my cabin to visit the medical centre. You can use your imagination as to why this would have been impossible

If you are the throws of Noro I would not be going anywhere just call the medical centre to let them know & self quarantine (like you want to go out anyway)

We had e-coli on a cruise... you just did not feel well but not many symptoms other than a tummy upset so people were out & about as normal

I would not be sitting in the medical centre for 3 hrs for any reason ;)

I have been lucky not to have gotten Noro, even though we were on the Feb. Noro cruise from hell. I sure would not want to walk thru the halls spreading this to anyone who passes by or touched something that I had touched. This policy needs to be changed for everyone's safety.

Suggest 5000 cc of vitamin D daily to fight flu and other illnesses!

I believe you mean 5000 IU of Vitamin D daily. I doubt anyone would want to ingest 5000 cc .....that's over a gallon of fluid .....!!

I believe you mean 5000 IU of Vitamin D daily. I doubt anyone would want to ingest 5000 cc .....that's over a gallon of fluid .....!!

Yep! Thanks for the clarification! Stay well.

The proper location to administer a flu shot is the deltoid muscle of the arm. The vaccine may not be properly absorbed in the hip.