Booking two upcoming cruises while onboard

BuckeyeMan

We did. We booked 2 future cruises while we were on board our last and received all applicable perks for both. However to be clear, the obc was for the future cruises. We were not offered additional obc for the cruise we were on at the time.

We did. We booked 2 future cruises while we were on board our last and received all applicable perks for both. However to be clear, the obc was for the future cruises. We were not offered additional obc for the cruise we were on at the time.

I thought it was a choice. You can take onboard credit on the current cruise but then your deposit on the future cruise becomes non-refundable or you can take the onboard credit on the future cruise and you can cancel and get full refund on your deposit. We always put the credit towards the future cruise but we have been given the choice in the past but maybe that option has changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it was a choice. You can take onboard credit on the current cruise but then your deposit on the future cruise becomes non-refundable or you can take the onboard credit on the future cruise and you can cancel and get full refund on your deposit. We always put the credit towards the future cruise but we have been given the choice in the past but maybe that option has changed?

Maybe? We were on the eclipse not too long after you when we booked and weren't given a choice, but perhaps that's just the person we booked with? She wasn't the most personable of crew members.

Think you can book as many as you like - we booked 3 while on the Millie, received obc, premium drinks packages, wifi etc. Got a great deal as the prices of some of those cruises since have rocketed through the roof!

Indeed you can :).

I believe that's only applicable for UK pax using Celebrity UK to book.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Forums mobile app

I believe that's only applicable for UK pax using Celebrity UK to book.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Forums mobile app

I'm not from the UK and have been given this option onboard. Am remembering now that it was 2015 when we were last given this option onboard. We didn't book onboard in 2016. When we booked onboard this year it didn't come up because we had said upfront we wanted the credit to be for future cruise. So it sounds like this is an option they no longer offer.

I booked 2 cruises on the last one. Got the OBC and the perk. I always tell them to leave the OBC on the cruise I am booking so that I can move or cancel if needed. I never use the OBC on the cruise I am currently on. That makes it non-refundable, so I always put on my future cruise booking.

Of course you can book more than one cruise. If you book one you will have new friends in the Future Cruises office, if you book more than one, you have new best friends. The whole US/UK thing, we recently sailed on Millennium with some of our UK cousins. During that trip we booked another one and had them all booked as US trips using our US address. Once we were home I shopped the various big online places for the best deal and then transfered all of the bookings to the TA in the US. It paid off because the TA is paying our grats and when the price dropped a few weeks later, she saved us another $270 per cabin.

I booked 2 cruises on the last one. Got the OBC and the perk. I always tell them to leave the OBC on the cruise I am booking so that I can move or cancel if needed. I never use the OBC on the cruise I am currently on. That makes it non-refundable, so I always put on my future cruise booking.

The obc is non-refundable which ever cruise you decide to apply the perk.

For a UK cruiser if you leave the bonus obc for the future cruise and you subsequently cancel you lose the lot. We always take the obc on the current cruise then if we cancel at a later stage we lose nothing.

Recently we booked two cruises and received the obc which we used there, since we had a bill of more than the perk offered.

Also, Celebrity used a very favourable exchange rate of 1.68=1 which equated to 2 deposits of £148 with $500 obc, better than an ATM.

Edited by mickey89

My dilemma when booking onboard for the next cruise is that it must be transferred to a TA within 3 months if you have a TA you want to handle the cruise. My TA has some terrific deals during the course of the year. These exceptional times may not fall within the required timeframe resulting in fewer perks than if I had booked with the

TA originally.

Melissa

You can book cruises for RCCL, Azamara, and Celebrity.

You can also sign into WIFI with your personal device and there is a free link that allows you to search for cruises. You can also use the computers in the Lounge. Neither uses your internet minutes.

Don't know if you get any extra perks or benefit booking RCCL or Azamara while on board.

It is also advisable not to wait until the last day as the Future Cruises gets very busy.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Is it possible to book 2 upcoming cruises while on a sailing and receive OBC for both cruises? I wasn't sure if it was possible to book more than one.

Booked 3 while we were on the Equinox and got onboard credit for each one!:D

My dilemma when booking onboard for the next cruise is that it must be transferred to a TA within 3 months if you have a TA you want to handle the cruise. My TA has some terrific deals during the course of the year. These exceptional times may not fall within the required timeframe resulting in fewer perks than if I had booked with the

TA originally.

Melissa

Don't see the dilemma since you can always just cancel the cruise that you booked on board, get your full deposit back and then use the direct TA booking instead if it is a much better deal.

By the way, it is my understanding that the time limit for transferring the booking is 60 days, not 3 months.