Royal has cancelled all port stops in Ephesus (Turkey) for the rest of the 2017 seaso

mattso_22

Heads up!

I'm due to sail on the Jewel in October, and one of the stops was Turkey. Just received an email from Royal that said that they've decided to remove Ephesus (Kusadasi) from all cruise itineraries for the remainder of the 2017 Mediterranean season. They've replaced it with Rhodes, Greece.

Kind of glad. Was a little worried about it.

Affected sailings:

May 6, May 15, May 24, June 2, September 10, September 19, September 28, October 7 and October 16 (all in 2017).

Heads up!

I'm due to sail on the Jewel in October, and one of the stops was Turkey. Just received an email from Royal that said that they've decided to remove Ephesus (Kusadasi) from all cruise itineraries for the remainder of the 2017 Mediterranean season. They've replaced it with Rhodes, Greece.

Kind of glad. Was a little worried about it.

Affected sailings:

May 6, May 15, May 24, June 2, September 10, September 19, September 28, October 7 and October 16 (all in 2017).

When I read the title of your post I thought you meant no turkey for diner. Glad I was wrong. :)

Emails came out this morning. Royal is cancelling Ephesus on all Med. cruises for the rest of 2017 season. Ships will go to Rhodes (Greece) instead. This is "due to the current unpredictability of Turkey and taking into consideration guests and crew member safety and well being." I am surprised it took them so long to reach this decision. At least they made the decision now and not 2 days before we were supposed to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Emails came out this morning. Royal is cancelling Ephesus on all Med. cruises for the rest of 2017 season. Ships will go to Rhodes (Greece) instead. This is "due to the current unpredictability of Turkey and taking into consideration guests and crew member safety and well being." I am surprised it took them so long to reach this decision. At least they made the decision now and not 2 days before we were supposed to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2458872

I have a choice between birthday bash and a trip for my next milestone birthday. I am choosing a Mediterranean cruise because with the way things are going we might be banned one day from visiting all of those beautiful cities. A few years ago I had booked a cruise to Greece and Turkey (Istanbul and Ephesus) and I had to cancel it due to family constraints. Too bad because now the options are limited. So we are going next year again, it will be our second Mediterranean but first to Greece.

Just received email from Travel Agent. Royal Caribbean is dropping Turkey as a port of call for the remainder of 2017

We will be going to Mykonos, Greece instead.

Does anyone know anything Mykonos?

Google "Delos"

One of may favorite days on a cruise :)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Delos&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=794&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgqJ6aw5jSAhUTzWMKHcorBVkQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delos

Rhodes replacing Kusadasi (Ephesus) is same day. We are on Jewel May 6 and RC shore excursions still show Kusadasi (Ephesus) but cruise planner does have us arriving in Rhodes at 7 am / departing at 5 pm. I am surprised it took Royal so long to cancel the Ephesus stop. My daughter thinks it is because many were uncomfortable with stopping there and the cruises that were scheduled weren't selling as RC would have wanted.

What a shame to miss out on kusadasi it is a fantastic stop with great shops bars and restaurants with very welcoming residents. Also to miss out on historical sites etc. We were there last September and it is allwAys one of my favourite stops. Also this will possibly affect prices as there will be no port out with Europe which will have an effect on prices and taxes from Europe ports.