In your Opinion: One thing that could be done to improve the MDR

LMaxwell

In your opinion, what is just one thing you think could be done to improve the MDR?

Increasing service staff to have that "unrushed" style of service would be an improvement.

How do you feel? What is something that could be changed or added that would improve YOUR experience?

Just got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and I wasn't happy that they have changed the bar service since the last time on. Used to be a dedicated bar server. Now the assistant waiter takes orders and someone else brings the drinks out and asks "who ordered...?" Also, don't care for the photographer asking you to put the fork down to take a pic I won't buy anyways. Sorry, that's 2.

Also, don't care for the photographer asking you to put the fork down to take a pic I won't buy anyways. Sorry, that's 2.

We just tell them no pics, and keep eating. Like you, I'm not going to buy them anyway, so why bother. I don't even look for the pics they do manage to take!

For MTD, make realistic reservations & reservation times. The not knowing if a ship will have a 15-30 minute wait with reservations has caused us to change to late dining.

For all services, improve the dinner menu to have better choices. For breakfast, include some variety.

Pepper shakers that actually have pepper come out of them when you shake them. I get carpal tunnel from shaking the damn things trying to get a decent amount of pepper to come out. One evening I took the bottom plug out of the pepper shaker to get the pepper out. Also bring the drawn butter out at the same time as the lobster tail and the horseradish at the same time with the prime rib.

Another vote for fewer tables for servers. It used to be so much more enjoyable, that the servers were enjoying their jobs. Now they just seem to be getting through the night. They try to project that they are enjoying it, but it's obvious that they are run ragged.

Lock the doors 10 - 15 minutes after the start of dinner time. If you can't make it eat at the buffet. Too many dinners ruined by late table mates and now the waiters are killing themselves trying to get everybody caught up and at least close to the same course.

Dynamic Dining

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

We still have this option..... kind of..... It's called 5 night specialty or Ultimate Dining Package.

You choose what and where you eat each night, what time, different menu/server/table/chair/view each night.

Look at all the complaints above: "lines even with reservations","better food","hot food","rushed waiters","not enough staff","tables too close to each other"....

None of this occurs in specialty from my experience.

As far as the original question by the OP, an improvement would be not allowing anyone who books pre cruise a dining package to reserve a table in traditional dining when it's obvious they have no intention to be there the whole week. They get automatically moved to MTD. I've had several issues showing up to a table (especially as a solo) and the table is mostly empty for many, if not all, of the nights.

We still have this option..... kind of..... It's called 5 night specialty or Ultimate Dining Package.

You choose what and where you eat each night, what time, different menu/server/table/chair/view each night.

Look at all the complaints above: "lines even with reservations","better food","hot food","rushed waiters","not enough staff","tables too close to each other"....

None of this occurs in specialty from my experience.

That's just dumb. Why should someone have to pay extra so that they don't have all the problems? If that's your choice go for it, but others shouldn't have to. The food is already in the cruise fare so there shouldn't be so many problems.

I wish they would get rid of MTD and just have 4 seatings, they could organize it between the various dining rooms so that nobody had to rush out at the end of their meal if it was planned right.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I want to eat whenever I want to eat. I don't want to be restricted to a certain time. If we get back from a tour and are tired I would like to relax first and then go down when we want or for any other reason. Making set dining times is for children not unless someone wants it. My parents lile a set time, but we do not.

So far I think they are all great ideas except for the 2 that I quoted. Sorry I didn't just answer with one. :)

Pepper shakers that actually have pepper come out of them when you shake them. I get carpal tunnel from shaking the damn things trying to get a decent amount of pepper to come out. One evening I took the bottom plug out of the pepper shaker to get the pepper out. Also bring the drawn butter out at the same time as the lobster tail and the horseradish at the same time with the prime rib.

If pepper doesn't come out of the shaker on the first try or two then I always take the top off and use it that way. The bigger pieces of pepper seem to clog the holes so this works. I like pepper so if a little to much comes out then that's ok with me, just be sure to put the top back on really well.