Sharing wine

We are booked on Ovation of the Seas in a few weeks and I have booked the dlx drinks package but partner, who drinks less, decided not to. Thankfully the 'everyone in cabin needs to take it' rule does not seem to be in place on this ship.

My question is if I buy a bottle of wine at dinner with the 40% discount can it be shared or will they not give the discount if only one of us has the package.

Also, we will take some wine on with us but do RCL charge corkage if taken into MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can buy the bottle if wine at dinner and share it with your table mates and partner if you wish. Or you can drink it all yourself lol.

Corkage charge is meant to be $15 per bottle but there have been several reports on various ships that the staff “forget” to charge this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are booked on Ovation of the Seas in a few weeks and I have booked the dlx drinks package but partner, who drinks less, decided not to. Thankfully the 'everyone in cabin needs to take it' rule does not seem to be in place on this ship.

My question is if I buy a bottle of wine at dinner with the 40% discount can it be shared or will they not give the discount if only one of us has the package.

Also, we will take some wine on with us but do RCL charge corkage if taken into MDR?

There will be a corkage fee.

As you are still paying 60% of the price for the bottle of wine i don't see how they can stop you sharing as it is totally different from just getting 1 drink free.

As a backup give the wine waiter a couple of dollars tip when you order.

Who is the "They" that is going to stop you?

And do you really think this "They" guy is going to go to a table full of adults and take glasses of wine away from them as if they were children.

Think about it........

Edited by matj2000

Who is the "They" that is going to stop you?

And do you really think this "They" guy is going to go to a table full of adults and take glasses of wine away from them as if they were children.

Think about it........

Even if it WAS against the rules, which it isn't, they wouldn't do as you posit, they would simply revoke the 40% discount.

You can no more bribe yourself past a policy than you would be likely to encounter a discount being revoked. Just absurd

It doesn't affect us as we drink very little alcohol and i only bring a six pack of San Miguel beer on in my hand luggage in Barcelona to drink on our balcony.

As D+ we have the free drinks option too in DL and CL.

It doesn't affect us as we drink very little alcohol and i only bring a six pack of San Miguel beer on in my hand luggage in Barcelona to drink on our balcony.

As D+ we have the free drinks option too in DL and CL.

How do you sneak that on?

Maybe let's look at this in another way.. if I buy the bottle using the 40% discount then give that to my partner (not on drinks package) and order a glass of wine for myself is that seen as sharing the drinks package.

How do you sneak that on?

Until June on Freedom in Barcelona i used to just carry it on with a pack of water but in June they had a desk port side with security sign saying no beer so i went back to duty free put the beer in hand luggage and walked past security up the gangway and onto the ship.

Maybe let's look at this in another way.. if I buy the bottle using the 40% discount then give that to my partner (not on drinks package) and order a glass of wine for myself is that seen as sharing the drinks package.

I understand what you are trying to say. To simplify this, why don't you just buy the bottle of wine in a bar before dinner, give the bottle to your guest. Then at dinner, just order yourself a glass. This is not breaking the rules, and will be less confusion at the dinner table.

No, that is not considered sharing the drinks package at all. Your package specifically details what you can do and discounted bottles of wine are included in your package. No one would question you buying a bottle for anyone. Enjoy.