Norwegian Bliss

shof515

So excited!!!! We had booked the Epic for Christmas 2018, but we were hoping that for the Bliss. Now we can we change.

On this trip we will be celebrating 20 years of marriage and my graduation from grad school. This is going to be AMAZING!!!

:):cool:

e22bea1b38ca0b7ee4d546af7a71c2d1.jpg

Saw this while reading the Orlando Sentinel... Haven't seen any other information about Bliss having a racetrack like Joy but I guess we'll see...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-norwegian-bliss-coming-to-miami-20170114-story.html

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Edited by ScottElkaBowl

e22bea1b38ca0b7ee4d546af7a71c2d1.jpg

Saw this while reading the Orlando Sentinel... Haven't seen any other information about Bliss having a racetrack like Joy but I guess we'll see...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-norwegian-bliss-coming-to-miami-20170114-story.html

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

From FDR quoted in the above article:

Norwegian Joy will also be getting the first race track on board a ship, with two levels and eight turns that can race 10 cars a ta time, 35-40 mph, but del Rio said Bliss will get a race track that is 20 percent longer and have 10 turns, two of which will be banked and cantilevered over the side of the ship.

"I want to see somebody beat that," del Rio said.

If this is what FDR is doing to NCL, I'm in favor. Let's see what he does with the next six ships.

I don´t like race tracks on cruise ships. So much space for only less people wo can use it at the same time. Prefer robes and slides and golf or for Alaska a bigger indoor pool. But Ok for one ship it is ok and the customer can choose which ship to book.

I don´t like race tracks on cruise ships. So much space for only less people wo can use it at the same time. Prefer robes and slides and golf or for Alaska a bigger indoor pool. But Ok for one ship it is ok and the customer can choose which ship to book.

They can just make the main pool a little smaller, right? LOLOLOL Honestly, I agree that this is a very small draw for the space it takes up, and I get the feeling it will have to be closed down a LOT for wind and stuff, but we will see.

They can just make the main pool a little smaller, right? LOLOLOL Honestly, I agree that this is a very small draw for the space it takes up, and I get the feeling it will have to be closed down a LOT for wind and stuff, but we will see.

Hmm, very true.

I, too, would love to see a better pool deck and an another pool in spice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if this new racetrack is anything like carnival vista skyride, be prepare for a very very long slow waiting times for this. when i was on the vista, there was an estimate 1hour wait for the skyride. i wont be surprised the racetrack be crowded with long wait times.

if this new racetrack is anything like carnival vista skyride, be prepare for a very very long slow waiting times for this. when i was on the vista, there was an estimate 1hour wait for the skyride. i wont be surprised the racetrack be crowded with long wait times.

So......are you suggesting an "express pass" line for Haven guests? :D

You lost me at the race track. I'm all for having fun activities on the ship, such as slides, golf etc.. but when cruise lines start trying to add gimmicky features that end up taking up too much space and ruining the flow of the ship then I'm out. If I wanted to go go karting I would find somewhere to do it on land, being on a ship does not add anything to a go-karting experience. I agree, putting in a large indoor pool would be much more appropriate for the ship, seeing as the lack of pool space is the thing that has stopped me from cruising the Breakaway class of ships. Its a shame because the observation lounge is definitely a step in the right direction.

You lost me at the race track. I'm all for having fun activities on the ship, such as slides, golf etc.. but when cruise lines start trying to add gimmicky features that end up taking up too much space and ruining the flow of the ship then I'm out. If I wanted to go go karting I would find somewhere to do it on land, being on a ship does not add anything to a go-karting experience. I agree, putting in a large indoor pool would be much more appropriate for the ship, seeing as the lack of pool space is the thing that has stopped me from cruising the Breakaway class of ships. Its a shame because the observation lounge is definitely a step in the right direction.

I see your point but aren't all the other activities you mention gimmicky as well? I mean golf on a ship? Or a ropes course or rock climbing? Why is a go kart any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess you're out then. On most ships, people hate indoor pools. why would you want to give up outdoor deck space with a observation lounge?

I absolutely loved the ropes course on the Getaway and did it several times.

I always thought the ropes courses gave quite a big bang for the buck. They offer continuous loading, occupy a large group of participants, and provide a decent level of excitement. There's also the "magic" of pausing in place and appreciating your spot high above the sea. Because of this, they always felt like an extension to a cruise experience, not a sideshow land-based activity. Hopefully the new features on the Bliss will be implemented in a similiar fashion. Hopefully.