Best Pre-Cruise Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

We loved the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and stayed on two separate occasions. Clean rooms, walking distance to plenty of good places, and a $7 Uber to the port. I stay at the Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place by the port for work and those are also both good properties. The Embassy is older, but you can't beat the free happy hour and breakfast there.

Everyone has their own opinion including us. I guess until you try one of the options all posters suggest, you will never know.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites too. Yes, it’s a bit older than some other properties, but our room has always been clean, comfortable and spacious. Plus, we like the openness of the property and also the FREE Happy Hour and Breakfast. Finally, the cruise port is just a block or so away.

This is just our opinion and personal preference. I’m sure there are other great choices too. Best of luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina. Great hotel, and you can’t beat waking up and watching your cruise ship pulling into port, just a few feet away.

Hi my fiancé and I are trying to find hotels that have a shuttle to the cruise port (Royal Caribbean) for free or small fee? Open to all suggestions! Thanks!

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port.

Marriott Harbor Beach! Absolutely gorgeous property. The hotel sits directly on the beach. The pool is fantastic! We love sharing small plates at their outdoor restaurant while watching the ships depart!

We stay at the Quality Inn Cruiseport South. Free parking during the cruise, free shuttle to the pier, free shuttle back. Easy access from the interstate, walking distance to several eateries and not far from a discount liquor store either. :)

I'm sure this will get moved to the Port threads, but I'll give my 2 cents worth.

Like others have said, personal preferences, both in cost and amenities they are willing to do with/without. Last time we were there, we stayed at Best Western Airport/Cruise on 84. They have free airport shuttle to & from. they office a shuttle to/from the port for a nominal fee. We actually took it to the pier and then from the pier to the airport. They are also about a block from a decent strip mall that has a restaurant, grocery and liquor store as well as a Beall's outlet in case you feel like shopping. And about 3 blocks away an excellent German restaurant. we were happy enough with them that we have the same place booked for April both pre/post cruise as we are staying in town a few days afterwards to visit with friends.

Whatever/wherever you choose, make sure you check their website for current info about what they actually include.

Enjoy

Erika

Hi my fiancé and I are trying to find hotels that have a shuttle to the cruise port (Royal Caribbean) for free or small fee? Open to all suggestions! Thanks!

I'd suggest you not worry about free shuttles. I've stayed in my share that offered it and have not used once. Reason being is because it never left anywhere near when I wanted. A downtown hotel is very inexpensive to get to from FLL and the same to get to the pier.

Marriott Harbor Beach! Absolutely gorgeous property. The hotel sits directly on the beach. The pool is fantastic! We love sharing small plates at their outdoor restaurant while watching the ships depart.

Another vote for Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We spent a few days here in November pre-cruise and it was wonderful. Great pool, perfect beach, lots of amenities. It would be a perfect place for honeymooners.

We have stayed with free shuttle and never used. It is a mad house. Lots of people going different ships. People waiting for rides for a long time. We have taken cab and ubers very reasonable and hassle free. Just stay near the port

Good to hear positive about Renaissance. We are staying there for the first time. Usually do Holiday Express across the street but decided to change it up.

Love going out of FLL. So easy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We spent a few days here in November pre-cruise and it was wonderful. Great pool, perfect beach, lots of amenities. It would be a perfect place for honeymooners.

And a third vote from me, but only if you have a day or more to spend at the resort before the cruise (otherwise I'd just go to one of the Dania Beach hotels by the airport).

I don't know if it's particularly easy to get a free shuttle, however. I usually call a ride share.

We stayed at the Renaissance the first four cruises and enjoyed it but we booked this hotel for our cruise in April because we will be in Fort L. for two and a half days before our cruise. The problem is (not really a problem when we are talking about cruises and enjoying the beach) that we leave from Miami so transportation to the port is something I have to figure out. Probably Uber.

Embassy Suites was awesome... Yes it is an older hotel but the pool outside was nice, the openness inside was great too. The happy hour is a huge perk along with FREE breakfast... and not just bagels and granola bars... They had eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes... anything your heart desires. The upfront cost seems higher than most hotels but when you figure in a free breakfast a few free cocktails it pretty much negates the higher cost upfront. Close to port. We used Lyft and they were there in 2 minutes and had a very minimal fare (forgot how much it was)

We stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th Street pre and post cruise. Our room was reasonable, very large and clean, plenty of restaurants, (and a store for wine), within walking distance; $2 per room for transport from the airport; $7 per person for shuttle to pier (with choice of times); free breakfast; other food available; bar in lobby. Will stay there again, next time.