Poll: Keep Adult Only Pool Areas Yes or No?

Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?  

1,285 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?

• Yes I want them to be for adults only
    • No I want them to be family friendly
    • Don't care either way

As someone that has sailed with kids in tow, and now is kid free, I think there is a place for them and NOT a place for them.

The biggest problem is, that you have a "mixed" group of people on a small confined ship. Adults who just want a kid free zone, and adults with kids in tow. For this reason, there should be separate areas for them to enjoy themselves.

I am reminded of one evening years ago when we were at dinner. This was back in the day when you were just sat at large tables with a bunch of others with no other option. It was my husband and I and two boys (who were around 10-12), and two older women were brought to our table to be sat. They looked right at us and then at the hostess and said "we would prefer a table with no children please." I smiled and said "yea, me too!" I wanted them to know I was not offended and understood completely.

Sorry (probably gonna offend someone), but especially in today's day and age when a lot of parents let their kids run wild with little supervision usually cause they are too busy looking at their phone... the last thing I want is the aggravation of an obnoxious child out of control.

As someone that has sailed with kids in tow, and now is kid free, I think there is a place for them and NOT a place for them.

The biggest problem is, that you have a "mixed" group of people on a small confined ship. Adults who just want a kid free zone, and adults with kids in tow. For this reason, there should be separate areas for them to enjoy themselves.

I am reminded of one evening years ago when we were at dinner. This was back in the day when you were just sat at large tables with a bunch of others with no other option. It was my husband and I and two boys (who were around 10-12), and two older women were brought to our table to be sat. They looked right at us and then at the hostess and said "we would prefer a table with no children please." I smiled and said "yea, me too!" I wanted them to know I was not offended and understood completely.

Sorry (probably gonna offend someone), but especially in today's day and age when a lot of parents let their kids run wild with little supervision usually cause they are too busy looking at their phone... the last thing I want is the aggravation of an obnoxious child out of control.

Well said Wen....i agree with the point about the phones....Some parents really feel its vital to check Facebook or Fantasy Football stats as opposed to actually SUPERVISING their little beasts....If you dont want to watch them, stick them into one of the many camps Carnival has to offer....then feel free to tweet away! ;)

Glad to see more voting going on and so far, the majority seems to be in favor of keeping those pools adult only. I've seen the arguments and do understand BOTH sides, I'm still 100% in favor of the aft, adult only pools. We're not asking for Carnival to take something away from children, just want something back that we already had. But since Carnival is trying to appeal to children, then maybe the "whale tail" funnels need an updated look:

It would look something like this in the deck plans

Conquest%20Class%20New%20funnel.jpg

And actual view from the ships

2017_04_12-NewCarnivalFunnel.jpg

Glad to see more voting going on and so far, the majority seems to be in favor of keeping those pools adult only. I've seen the arguments and do understand BOTH sides, I'm still 100% in favor of the aft, adult only pools. We're not asking for Carnival to take something away from children, just want something back that we already had. But since Carnival is trying to appeal to children, then maybe the "whale tail" funnels need an updated look:

521 to 36 so far. Yes, I'd consider that a majority.......by a long shot.

I think It's a wonderful idea. Half the time the kids can't even get into the pool because it's over run by drunk adults. So this will give them more room to have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How so? Now they'll just be in yet another pool with drunk adults. It's not kid exclusive.

521 to 36 so far. Yes, I'd consider that a majority.......by a long shot.

I agree...by a long shot. :) There is a petition going around (Change dot org) seeking signatures about changing the former aft adult only pools back to adult only. It looks like 1500 signatures are needed and they just need 118 more. I think that was posted here (or on one of the other threads) too.

I agree...by a long shot. :) There is a petition going around (Change dot org) seeking signatures about changing the former aft adult only pools back to adult only. It looks like 1500 signatures are needed and they just need 118 more. I think that was posted here (or on one of the other threads) too.

Here it is! Sign it [emoji4]

https://www.change.org/p/cclsupport-carnival-com-bring-back-adult-only-pools

Maybe now that they are moving to a more family friendly environment they will revisit the smoking policy to curtail it a bit.

Unlike cigarettes, children aren't capable of starting fires . . . usually.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

1389 whining snowflakes :rolleyes:

I hear the "helicopter" blades spinning. It would be utterly tragic to have to tell your kid "No Hunni, you can't go in that pool". You are one of those who probably don't think it's right to use the word NO to you little bundle of sunshine. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app