Purchasing an extra cabin while on board ship?

mimmymia

Has anyone ever purchased an extra cabin while on board the ship? If so, was is discounted? I have a friend whose husband's snoring is out of control (lol). She wanted an extra room just so she could get a good night sleep. She already has 4 people in a balcony room and the sail date is in a couple of weeks. Just trying to help her out and give her suggestions. TIA

Has anyone ever purchased an extra cabin while on board the ship? If so, was is discounted? I have a friend whose husband's snoring is out of control (lol). She wanted an extra room just so she could get a good night sleep. She already has 4 people in a balcony room and the sail date is in a couple of weeks. Just trying to help her out and give her suggestions. TIA

I seriously just laughed out loud. Four folks in a balcony room and one of the snores like a drunk elephant? Not only no, but h.e.l.l. no. lol

No cabin buying while onboard. Do it now, or suffer. ;p

I seriously just laughed out loud. Four folks in a balcony room and one of the snores like a drunk elephant? Not only no, but h.e.l.l. no. lol

No cabin buying while onboard. Do it now, or suffer. ;p

It's actually two adults and two children.

No room sales onboard.

Buying a new room now would be complicated. Dad would pay single occupancy for the new room and potentially lose perks.

If that’s the case then perhaps good noise canceling headphones, earplugs, and/or melatonin might help? I wish her the best. I suppose upgrading to a 2 bedroom suite is a no-go at this late date?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have heard only once of buying a second cabin while on board, but it was for the second cruise of a B2B, not the same cruise. For the first cruise, which was the longer one, the passenger who wanted to leave the shared cabin was out of luck.

have him sleep in the balcony with a blanket

There are usually no "spare" cabins available when on board. If there are any at all they keep them for emergencies; unruly guests, contagious guests, replacements for "damaged" cabins (flooding etc).

Book now but be prepared for all the financial hassles.

I did it on a NCL Cruise a few year back. 1st day in realized we were too cramped. Went to guest services and they had an inside room available and I bought it onboard. So it can be done if available.

You'd be surprised what a few nice, kind words can do, the doors they can open for you.

I have borderline sleep apnea, most nights I snore like crazy, or so my wife says....lol...lol.

On one of our cruises apparently it got too bad, so one morning I went to the Purser's Desk

and explained to them what was going on.....the pleasant young gentleman I spoke to

escalated the matter to the guest services manager who was kind enough to give

us another set of keycards to another cabin to be used as needed....I spent quite a few

nights in the "doghouse" on that cruise....lol.....it was a 15-day sailing.

No room sales onboard.

Buying a new room now would be complicated. Dad would pay single occupancy for the new room and potentially lose perks.

There are 4 of them so technically Mom and 1 kid and Dad and 1 kid, even if Dad ends up in cabin solo, of course any way they do it it's going to cost $$

If she can't get another cabin, white noise like a fan, earbuds, those breath strips you put across the nose for the snorer and have him elevate the head with extra pillows.

NCL generally sails full, and cabins are not available. If cabins are available they would not be offered at a discount.

No room sales onboard.

When you have four traveling you would simply move two into a new cabin so no one pays double, and no perks would be lost, in fact they might get better perks.

If three of them sleep in one cabin and one in a different one no one would care.

There are usually no "spare" cabins available when on board. If there are any at all they keep them for emergencies; unruly guests, contagious guests, replacements for "damaged" cabins (flooding etc).

Book now but be prepared for all the financial hassles.

Often, this ^^

On a Pearl cruise about 3+ years ago, in a Haven 2BR suite, we had an, um, sewage backup in the main bathroom floor. Note that in those suites, the main bedroom and main bathroom are sort of one big room, with just a curtain, and one must go through bathroom to access bedroom.

After they did stupid things, like stuffing towels down the floor drain (which cause the, um, "stuff" to bubble up into the tub and then the shower), we blew a fuse.

There apparently was ONE balcony cabin temporarily open because someone had apparently missed the ship.

So we were put there for 2 nights while they tore up the floor of our main bathroom.

We still wonder what they would have done IF there really were NO other cabins available...

GC