10 sea days to/from Hawaii--is a veranda useful?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:24 PM.
San Diego, CA
1,719 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
We have enjoyed both oceanview and verandah staterooms. Obviously, the verandah is better but saving thousands of dollars is also nice. Both are good choices.

I have no problem sitting out on the public decks and often do so even when we have our own balcony. The only real hassle is when so much of the outside promenade deck is reserved for the lanai staterooms on some of the older ships.

igraf

Originally posted by calteacher
Thanks for the advice. However, when I checked with our TA, it would be nearly $1,000 more per person because of what we would lose and the extra we would need to pay. (We had a great deal when we booked.) So, we'll keep what we have and be glad to be sailing. And, we can always hope for an upsell--an upgrade is probably too much to hope for.
Scotland
109 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
As a solo traveller, I normally travel inside cabin. Doing a 25 night Hawaain cruise in January and have burst the bank for a balcony! Beyond excited!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
18 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by Ashdale
As a solo traveller, I normally travel inside cabin. Doing a 25 night Hawaain cruise in January and have burst the bank for a balcony! Beyond excited!
Awesome! Have fun! Hawaii is a blast. Go to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Maui, Lahaina. HUGE burgers and the best Pina Colada's anywhere.
Scotland
109 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Originally posted by my heart will go on
Awesome! Have fun! Hawaii is a blast. Go to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Maui, Lahaina. HUGE burgers and the best Pina Colada's anywhere.
Love the sound (taste) of the burger/pina colada! Will note the name. Ta.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature