Celebrity Edge-Price Hike

Fighterone

Unfortunately it is not a "given" that the itinerary will be the same or that the ship will still be cruising out of the US. This would be , I would imagine, a limiting factor for many people.

Right. It didn't work out well for me with Quantum of the Seas, which was sent to China after the first season! Silhouette only lasted one season in NJ before being sent elsewhere. Of course, in that case they weren't getting the rates that they wanted, as opposed to Edge where clearly they are.

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices on these cruises once new cruises are announced, IF it stays in Florida.

I agree, it we booked while onboard last and hubby wants to experience this E experience....he says,well, it's only a week. So here we go.

We're two cabins fro the carpet and hopefully it will only "travel" up and down twice a day. Who knows, may cancel or switch cabins by then depending on reviews.

I don't understand. Are you in an E4? Your signature said you're Elite+. Just take the free upgrade to E3.

BTW I just read that guests won't be able to ride the Magic Carpet while it's moving, so I don't see a big deal being near it. It's not like there will be people trying to peer into your cabin. Might even be interesting watching it move from so close.

Anyone who's bothered by the Edge price hikes should check out Equinox. Same itineraries (very nearly), lower launch prices and some softening since means that today's prices are considerably cheaper on Equinox than on Edge. You don't get the Magic Carpet, but you do get the Hot Glass Show.

Anyone who's bothered by the Edge price hikes should check out Equinox. Same itineraries (very nearly), lower launch prices and some softening since means that today's prices are considerably cheaper on Equinox than on Edge. You don't get the Magic Carpet, but you do get the Hot Glass Show.

Solstice class ships are great, but is there really anyone who is upset about Edge pricing who's going to book a basic 7 night Caribbean cruise on an older ship a year and a half from now?

You make it sound like the Equinox will be a relic in 1 1/2 years. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Not at all. I don't think that people looking to book Edge are doing so solely for a one week Caribbean cruise. They want to try something new. That's why Celebrity is getting the prices that they are asking. Even before the steep suite price hikes they had to be higher than comparable cruises on S class ships.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

For me, I also intended to book Edge for things that I have been missing on Solstice class lately. Food, for me, was not the same as in the beginning, shows were not, service was not etc.

Nothing was BAD on S class, however I wanted it to become even better and was hoping that comes with Edge. AND I wanted those incredible infinity verandas. They are absolutely amazing, and I might have found it hard to leave the stateroom at the end of the cruise.

But prices are where they are, so for the time being, I am not going with Celebrity at all.

We figured that for the first season, they'lll be at the top of their game..good food, best staff, music shows etc.. and all brand new linens , towels furniture. Maybe even a nice giveaway .. Ports other than Tortola no big deal.

Posts from the President's cruise said things were all top notch..then slumped after LLP left the ship...

Per the "fish" site, there were $50-200 price increases today on my 1/20 and 1/27 cruises. A quick look on the site shows that some other sailings also had increases, but not all. For my cruises, the prices are not quite as high as they were before the sale started on 6/1, but an increase nevertheless.

I don't understand. Are you in an E4? Your signature said you're Elite+. Just take the free upgrade to E3.

Sorry, just guessed as I remembered "E" only. We are in an E1 cabin.

We figure it'll be the experience and not the destination that matters on this one. We were on the Solstice in inaugural month. Fun....

The prices keep going up every time they announce something new like EDEN.

Eden wasn't announced until this week. Prices went up last week. I'm sure it's a matter of supply and demand. More people book, the prices go up. So it actually WOULD make sense that the announcement would drive prices higher, but not this time.

The prices keep going up every time they announce something new like EDEN.

Isn't Eden the first reveal after the initial reveal of the Retreat and infinity balconies ? The two sailings I'm watching had price drops June 1 and haven't gone back up yet.

Per the "fish" site, there were $50-200 price increases today on my 1/20 and 1/27 cruises. A quick look on the site shows that some other sailings also had increases, but not all. For my cruises, the prices are not quite as high as they were before the sale started on 6/1, but an increase nevertheless.

March and April sailings had price drops.

March and April sailings had price drops.

Interesting. the March cruises are now cheaper. Maybe I should switch from my January cruises. My employment situation is changing and I will be able to spend more time in Florida before or after the cruise than originally planned and March would be better.

Of course, then I wouldn't get to meet Host Jazzbeau.

Interesting. the March cruises are now cheaper. Maybe I should switch from my January cruises. My employment situation is changing and I will be able to spend more time in Florida before or after the cruise than originally planned and March would be better.

Of course, then I wouldn't get to meet Host Jazzbeau.

:) Equinox prices are cheaper for January, so I'm still wavering -- could upgrade to a Celebrity Suite and have my own "retreat."

• 3 weeks later...
:) Equinox prices are cheaper for January, so I'm still wavering -- could upgrade to a Celebrity Suite and have my own "retreat."

The s3 I booked for the Edge is now $1800 more PP than what I booked! $3600 more total! Geez, that's what I paid for my suite on the Summit this coming January....

I would say, unless you are sure you want to change, I would hold reservation till you have to cancel.

• 2 months later...

I do think that if they apply the same 'rules' everywhere else that we get (i.e. that you never get a deposit back) then less people will just book and cancel. So frustrating for those of us in the UK who have to be certain re a cruise before we book . :-(

I use cruiseville website to keep an eye on the prices for any celebrity cruise cabin. They email you if the price goes up or down, which is very handy for getting some money back etc.

Thanks, I'd never heard of that site so I checked it out. Sadly, a) it's a UK-only site, and b) it doesn't differentiate between types of balcony cabins, so for an Edge cruise, it only shows a single balcony price, as opposed to separate Balcony, Concierge and Aqua prices, not to mention not showing the different categories in each. The "fish" site does an EXCELLENT job on that, it lets you track each cabin categoriy.

Edited by MisterBill99

I do think that if they apply the same 'rules' everywhere else that we get (i.e. that you never get a deposit back) then less people will just book and cancel. So frustrating for those of us in the UK who have to be certain re a cruise before we book . :-(

No, thanks. I like having refundable deposits in the US.

Royal has been playing around with lower fares with non-refundable deposits in the US. I haven't booked them since they changed, so I'm not sure how well it's working (or not).

Refundable deposits are best for us, because we book as soon as itins come out. We get good prices and selection, and monitor for price drops...less frequent these days! On EDGE the AQ price has definitely gone UP.

We'd only do a min refundable deposit if it was $100 or less.

Then just book through a US travel agent like the rest of us in the UK do.

However, if you're certain you like the price and will be making the cruise you might just find that you'll get a better deal with Celebrity UK direct these days. Check the thread I wrote yesterday and see why. Have the best of both worlds!