Allure - Shampoo / Conditioner / Bodywash / body lotion

parkbr

Hi,

I am sorry if this question is keep on coming back...

We're cruising this Sunday and I was wondering if we need to bring our own Shampoo/Conditioner/Bodywash/Body lotion or any of these will be provided. We really want to travel light, but I see different answers.

Thank you!

This is a huge negative on RCI ships. You really do need to bring your own as the cheap stuff provided is not nice. I always take a tub of Molton Brown to add a bit of luxury to the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I am sorry if this question is keep on coming back...

We're cruising this Sunday and I was wondering if we need to bring our own Shampoo/Conditioner/Bodywash/Body lotion or any of these will be provided. We really want to travel light, but I see different answers.

Thank you!

On my most recent cruise, in the cabin were small bottles of shampoo, lotion and body wash along with bar soap and a body wash dispenser in the shower. I was surprised to hear from others they did not have the bottles, just bar soap and the dispenser. Asked the cabin steward and was told I received them due to diamond level but if asked by any passenger, the small bottles would be provided.

They provide stuff....but if you are particular, bring what suits you. There are small slivers of soap, and some goop in the shower...whether it's body wash ,or shampoo, or shower cleaner...no one knows! If you're in a suite, they will provide teeny bottles of stuff. I alway bring my own stuff...and remember that the water is really soft, so a teensy bit of shampoo will lather, and lather and lather...you don't need much!

They provide stuff....but if you are particular, bring what suits you. There are small slivers of soap, and some goop in the shower...whether it's body wash ,or shampoo, or shower cleaner...no one knows! If you're in a suite, they will provide teeny bottles of stuff. I alway bring my own stuff...and remember that the water is really soft, so a teensy bit of shampoo will lather, and lather and lather...you don't need much!

DW is particular and I'm not so.

As has been mentioned, it depends on what class cabin you have.

In suites, you get a reasonable sized bar of soap (larger hotel size) for the tub/shower, and a collection of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion. Again, similar to reasonably high quality hotel. I don't remember the brand, but it was decent stuff.

On my most recent cruise, in the cabin were small bottles of shampoo, lotion and body wash along with bar soap and a body wash dispenser in the shower. I was surprised to hear from others they did not have the bottles, just bar soap and the dispenser. Asked the cabin steward and was told I received them due to diamond level but if asked by any passenger, the small bottles would be provided.

As a Diamond plus I used to get the upgraded bathroom amenities. Last cruise I didn’t get them - now only Diamond plus above 340 points wiki get the additional amenities. I asked if I could get them and answer was no.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Anthem in October we had shampoo/ conditioner combo in a dispenser in the shower and were given small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion as well as small hotel like bar soaps which were all replenished as needed without prompting. We were in a balcony cabin and have gold status. Maybe all ships do it differently but I doubt it.

As a Diamond plus I used to get the upgraded bathroom amenities. Last cruise I didn’t get them - now only Diamond plus above 340 points wiki get the additional amenities. I asked if I could get them and answer was no.

Interesting, because the amenities perk has been set at 340 points for years, even before the change from credits to points.

Interesting, because the amenities perk has been set at 340 points for years, even before the change from credits to points.

Never checked. We’re happy to get the amenities. Do not know if it all cruises before + but at least all Quantum Class and the Legend Farewell cruse.

When I asked at my last cruise I got the impression that it was a recent change.

Have passed the 300 mark so only few cruises before 340!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply to all of you who kindly responded to my question.

I did see your replies before my cruise, so I went on and got some shampoo and lotion myself.

In Allure, I saw "Shampoo" dispenser, my DH used it, but I didn't. So I don't know the quality of it. (as my DH doesn't have any opinion on this as he doesn't really care).

We just used the soap provided, which was okay.

I am so glad I got lotion, because I found the water quite hard and dry.

Thank you so much for your help!