How do you carry your cruise card?

GoldieJ

We always carry our cruise cards in one of the little credit-card type wallets we've accumulated on various cruise lines. Using a lanyard is not for us... among other reasons, it reminds me too much of wearing a badge at work!

I tried using a lanyard, but found it dropped into my salad, my soup, my - you get the picture. I moved over to a retractable badge reel and love it. I clip it on to my pocket or waistband and my card is always handy. When we go on shore, I tuck the card inside the pocket and it's out of sight, but available when I return to the ship.

https://www.staples.ca/en/avery-retractable-reel-clips-30-12-pack-74711/product_962754_1-CA_1_20001

The link is for a pack of 12, but I bought one at the dollar store that works just fine.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Cruises I have been on use hole puncher. How do you get the flat plastic thru the hole?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I'm on the ship I carry the card in my pocket. When leaving the ship I use a lanyard that also contains a credit card, any cash I might need, a copy of my passport and the port agent information. I wear it under my shirt and have nothing in my pockets when exploring and shopping.

Bruce

I tried using a lanyard, but found it dropped into my salad, my soup, my - you get the picture. I moved over to a retractable badge reel and love it. I clip it on to my pocket or waistband and my card is always handy. When we go on shore, I tuck the card inside the pocket and it's out of sight, but available when I return to the ship.

https://www.staples.ca/en/avery-retractable-reel-clips-30-12-pack-74711/product_962754_1-CA_1_20001

The link is for a pack of 12, but I bought one at the dollar store that works just fine.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hey. my wife uses one of those Pinces avec devidoirs ;)

Cruises I have been on use hole puncher. How do you get the flat plastic thru the hole?

I carry my own puncher. Really all you need to do is punch two holes side by side to make a wider hole and the flat plastic fits through just fine.

My view is that those folks who sport their cards on a lanyard are into something where I don't want to mention here.

My card goes in my pocket. Just like my pen and lip gloss and a couple of dollars for those who deserve it.

Jim

:confused: I make my own lanyards since I use a cane and I am on vacation I don’t carry a purse. I need my one free hand just that, free. I have never had an issue with it interfering with food. At dinner I carry a wristlet (that I also made) with my card, tissue, etc. Most of my clothes don’t have pockets or not pockets I would trust my card not to fall out. On shore my husband carries a backpack so he has all 4 of our lanyards/cards and passports.

Now please tell me what I am being accused of dong just because I use a lanyard? Is it akin to people who wear their bathrobes into the Lido?

:confused: I make my own lanyards since I use a cane and I am on vacation I don’t carry a purse. I need my one free hand just that, free. I have never had an issue with it interfering with food. At dinner I carry a wristlet (that I also made) with my card, tissue, etc. Most of my clothes don’t have pockets or not pockets I would trust my card not to fall out of. On shore my husband carries a backpack so he has all 4 of our lanyards/cards and passports.

Now please tell me what I am being accused of dong just because I use a lanyard? Is it akin to people who wear their bathrobes into the Lido.

Seriously-I don't understand that mentality-see also "bbut I wore one at work, and I don't want to wear one on vacation".

Fine, but for everyone who has reasons for liking the lanyards,it gets annoying when(for every couple of pro lanyard posts)there are a bunch of "I hate them for(insert name of reason here). Again, to each his/her own.

Fine, but for everyone who has reasons for liking the lanyards,it gets annoying when(for every couple of pro lanyard posts)there are a bunch of "I hate them for(insert name of reason here). Again, to each his/her own.

Why would anyone wear a lanyard, it just reeks of "I'm a newbie, look at me"!

How so? I never used one when I was a newbie. I just don't understand why some get offended with people using lanyards. It's just odd.

Not offended at all, just an observation that when I see someone wearing their card on a lanyard, I think one of two things: That they have trouble keeping track of their lanyard, and need to keep it wrapped around their neck, or they're a newbie, and that's what they're supposed to do.

Not offended at all, just an observation that when I see someone wearing their card on a lanyard, I think one of two things: That they have trouble keeping track of their lanyard, and need to keep it wrapped around their neck, or they're a newbie, and that's what they're supposed to do.

Well, then the problem may be with you. ;)

Why would anyone wear a lanyard, it just reeks of "I'm a newbie, look at me"!

Well we've been cruising since 1986 and have found that the lanyard is our best friend. In fact the LA Philharmonic gave their subscribers beautiful lanyards inscribed with the LA Phil logo and other appropriate stuff. We use them for carrying our cruise cards and coffee cards so we have no problem finding them when they are needed. When we return to our stateroom they are hung on the back of the cabin door so they are easy to find when we leave.

Not only are they great conversation starters we've never been concerned with being deemed a "newbie" by anyone. What is worth noting is that the card usually designates a line's "elite" status which usually obviates the notion that we're "newbies," if that's a concern.

Well we've been cruising since 1986 and have found that the lanyard is our best friend. In fact the LA Philharmonic gave their subscribers beautiful lanyards inscribed with the LA Phil logo and other appropriate stuff. We use them for carrying our cruise cards and coffee cards so we have no problem finding them when they are needed. When we return to our stateroom they are hung on the back of the cabin door so they are easy to find when we leave.

Not only are they great conversation starters we've never been concerned with being deemed a "newbie" by anyone. What is worth noting is that the card usually designates a line's "elite" status which usually obviates the notion that we're "newbies," if that's a concern.

I think the people who judge others for needing to be able to find things shows a lack of empathy.

This. It seems to me that it should be possible to have one's own personal preference without casting aspersions on the personal preferences of others. The over-the-top nonsense that some folks are spewing in this regard is incredible.

I have my sign and sail card punched at front desk and wear it at all times. (Well not in shower or to sleep of course) Never had it fall in my food. Never been locked out of my cabin. Too easy to drop and lose otherwise.

Put me down for lanyards. I have been on several cruises and every one of them I have found someone's card on the floor, in the restroom, in the Lido, you get the picture. In Alaska once we found someone's card in a stack of t-shirts at one of the stores. My husband is a belt and suspender guy and uses a lanyard but puts it in his shirt pocket. I don't like to carry a purse while I am on the ship. I know some people feel naked without one but to each his own. If you are offended by seeing someone who likes to use lanyards, simply divert your eyes. We will do everything in our power to get away from you so our mere presence doesn't ruin your cruise. Please try and get along. Really to each his own.