Joe's Cafe Fort Lauderdale Holland Holland America Display

POA1

DW and I had breakfast at Joe's Café, in the shopping center near the Publix on SE 17th Street. They were all decorated for Christmas with a Santa Claus display, lights, ornaments and a model train. (The train is always there, but it went "full holiday mode.")

In the first booth on the right as you enter the restaurant, they have two "ladies" in the booth. Huskerchick and I decided it was a salute to HAL cruisers. ;)

85b574c1abd6a16ce8f90e0ae7b3743d.jpg

Can't wait to be there in a few weeks ... Have to eat at Joe's for breakfast at least once every time in FLL ...
Their Christmas decorations are really nice. Not just for a diner in a shopping center, but overall. For some reason, my phone's camera wasn't working, so the photo is courtesy of DW.

So, Joe's Cafe and Kelly's Landing are on the list. Anywhere else - preferably near the Embassy Suites?

If you like Indian, Indian Harbor In the same shopping center as Joe’s is excellent. If you want to sit outside for a nice dinner, then The Boatyard across the street and 2 blocks east (no reservations for outside).

That's really cute. We're going to have to look for Joe's Cafe when we get to FLL - we've traditionally been going to the Quarterdeck for lunch, so will try a new place.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Across the street from the Quaterdeck is South Street Seaport which, IMHO, is much better.

So, Joe's Cafe and Kelly's Landing are on the list. Anywhere else - preferably near the Embassy Suites?

We hae enjoyed some fun, casual Italian dinners at

Bravo

More upscale would be Bistro Mezzaluna

That's really cute. We're going to have to look for Joe's Cafe when we get to FLL - we've traditionally been going to the Quarterdeck for lunch, so will try a new place.

I don't know if I'd seek it out for a special meal, but we like it for breakfast.

To be perfectly honest, we've only had breakfast there. We heard about it from a Fort Lauderdale restaurant critic. We were lamenting the lack of breakfast places when we first moved here.

Bimini and Bravo are in the same small mall on 17th Street, very near Embassy Suites.

Both are next to Marriott Renaissance, in fact the Boatyard is actually behind the hotel. Embassy is about a 1/4 mile west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found the breakfast to be really good there and the price is certainly right as well.

Definitely a "breakfast" place. Not quite the place for lunch (although it probably might be very good ... we have seen a lot of ship officers there over the years on turnaround day) or dinner atmosphere-wise!