Ruby Share ?s

patrickmoran

We were on the Ruby earlier this year. SHARE was delicious as always! We booked the first night of the cruise.

The food was good, service was fine. They do tend to drag out service more so than the MDR, but it was fine. I thoroughly enjoyed my date with my husband :)

Great way to spend your OBC!! If we had not had Club class dining we would have gone more than once to SHARE.

We did not see any discounts offered for SHARE. I've heard of $10 discounts but have never seen it on a ship myself

My DH and I went to Share on our Ruby Princess Alaska cruise the first week in July. We were accompanied by our 2 kids, their spouses and our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter (first time Princess cruisers) who are all adventuresome eaters and they unanimously chose Share after comparing its menu to the that of the Crown Grill. With 7 diners we were able to try just about everything on the menu. Everyone is still talking about how wonderful the food, wine, and service was! The only serious complaint we had was that some of the tables - those closest to the aft windows - are on a hardwood floor. We were initially seated there and could feel the vibrations even though the ship was till in port. When we complained they immediately moved us to a table with carpeting underneath and that solved the problem.

We highly recommend the restaurant; just avoid the tables on the wood floor.

We ate, yet again, in Share on the Ruby just a few months ago. Fantastic meal, excellent service, just a wonderful experience, especially given the commanding views out the back of the ship when you have one of the great tables for two along the back. Yes, we also felt the vibration as well, but it's a small price to pay for such a commanding view. Meals are pretty involved and do take a bit longer than in the mad rush of the MDR, but that's part of the great experience. The only "deal" I can think of might be the two for one in a Speciality Restaurant on Embarkation Day coupon that comes with some TA coupon books. We will have those books waiting for us when we board our next 4 trips.

We ate at SHARE last November on our cruise. They had reduced the price to $29 as a special that month so we decided to give it a try. We had a reservation for 7 PM and when we arrived the room was mostly empty with two couples at separate tables and one big table with perhaps 12 or so. Turns out the large table which we sat near was crew. We really did not care for the food and the multiple courses (6). Food and dining experience is a personal matter so I can understand some liking it. Not being beef/steak eaters although we have tried it a few times (luckily they have a few fish dishes), we cannot compare the CG with SHARE. Maybe the OP will run into another SHARE sale on their cruise.

Maybe the OP will run into another SHARE sale on their cruise.

The current price (at least on our July cruise and on-line) is $29 per person. The price is noted at the bottom of the on-line menu: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/SHARE-by-Curtis-Stone-Menu.pdf

We will be on the Ruby in a little over a week and have some OBC to use. Share looks interesting and with the recent price change seems reasonable.

How was your experience this summer?

Any discounts offered during the week?

Thanks

Lots of posts/opinions on Share.........

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2579477&highlight=share

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2662960&highlight=share

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2677470&highlight=share

We are cruising on the Ruby on the 22nd of this month, about a week away. I had made a reservation for Share, but received a barrage of voice mails from Princess saying Share would not be available on our sailing and our reservation was cancelled. A little later there was another call letting us know that they were comping us a free dinner at The Crown Grill because of the Share situation. I never actually talked to a live person so did not get the freebie because we expressed disappointment. Then this week I received a mass emailing from Princess regarding our specific cruise encouraging us not to miss out on the great dining experience at Share. Maybe if I rushed to make another Share reservation I might get another freebie at CG? [emoji16] Fairly certain it will be closed during our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonder why SHARE is being closed for that sailing? Does anyone know? :confused:

This cruise is right before a dry dock.

When I got the email about it being closed for the September 22 cruise, I wondered if they were changing it to something else, or if they might be using it for something related to the dry dock, even if it’s to store supplies.

I didn't like Share at all and left hungry because one bite of each course and i was finished. Food is a persoanl choice of course. The restaurant is mostly empty and Princess is no longer putting Share on their any more ships which says it's not well received.

We will be on in Dec. really hope the replace Share with Sabattinis. We did not like Share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those of us who LOVE Share, why can't we have both? Other lines like NCL and X have no problem fitting many more speciality restaurants on similar sized ships, so why can't Princess have the CG, Sabatini's AND Share, and preferably, a few more restaurants. We prefer speciality restaurants for the peace and quiet over MDRs, so for us, the more the merrier.

:rolleyes:

The current price (at least on our July cruise and on-line) is $29 per person. The price is noted at the bottom of the on-line menu: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/SHARE-by-Curtis-Stone-Menu.pdf

Princess first priced it higher at $39/pax but it appears as though they have lowered the price to make up for the anemic response so far.

It will be interesting to see if SHARE is removed from the Ruby in dry dock. By closing it just before dry dock may be to start stripping it out (hopefully!). We have a cruise booked on the Ruby in 2020 and it would be a shame if SHARE was gone. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For those of us who LOVE Share, why can't we have both? Other lines like NCL and X have no problem fitting many more speciality restaurants on similar sized ships, so why can't Princess have the CG, Sabatini's AND Share, and preferably, a few more restaurants. We prefer speciality restaurants for the peace and quiet over MDRs, so for us, the more the merrier.

Those who love SHARE will not disagree. Interestingly enough, there is a contingent that not only dislikes SHARE but is dedicated to its complete removal--not only from the ships but, also, from memory.

I confess to being a big cheerleader of SHARE/Crown Grill/Sabatini's/Sabatini's Tratoria. We do not have our dinner in them every evening, but we do enjoy them most nights. For the life of me, I cannot understand why my enjoyment of those venues makes others uncomfortable, but, apparently, it does.

I get that most people don't like something. I don't like beets, but people like beets. So, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if I see beets on a menu. For the record, I do like endive.

Sadly, there are many who insist they want to "get away from it all" only as long as they can still have it all with them. "Fine Dining" means steak--never mind that any one of us can grill a steak from the local grocery, and it will be as good, if not better, than anything offered in the Crown Grill. "Italian food" means either Spaghetti and Meatballs or Lasagna, and, if it doesn't taste exactly like I remember my grandma's, then it is not "authentic." So, nothing in either Sabatini's or Sabatini's Tratoria really qualifies as "Italian food."

It is apparent that nobody is going to go hungry on a Princess cruise. If you don't like the fare in a given room, don't insist that your taste dictates that nobody should like it. If you don't care for it, that is fine. Heck, it might even be "normal." That doesn't mean that it is "bad."

Those who love SHARE will not disagree. Interestingly enough, there is a contingent that not only dislikes SHARE but is dedicated to its complete removal--not only from the ships but, also, from memory.

I confess to being a big cheerleader of SHARE/Crown Grill/Sabatini's/Sabatini's Tratoria. We do not have our dinner in them every evening, but we do enjoy them most nights. For the life of me, I cannot understand why my enjoyment of those venues makes others uncomfortable, but, apparently, it does.

I get that most people don't like something. I don't like beets, but people like beets. So, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if I see beets on a menu. For the record, I do like endive.

Sadly, there are many who insist they want to "get away from it all" only as long as they can still have it all with them. "Fine Dining" means steak--never mind that any one of us can grill a steak from the local grocery, and it will be as good, if not better, than anything offered in the Crown Grill. "Italian food" means either Spaghetti and Meatballs or Lasagna, and, if it doesn't taste exactly like I remember my grandma's, then it is not "authentic." So, nothing in either Sabatini's or Sabatini's Tratoria really qualifies as "Italian food."

It is apparent that nobody is going to go hungry on a Princess cruise. If you don't like the fare in a given room, don't insist that your taste dictates that nobody should like it. If you don't care for it, that is fine. Heck, it might even be "normal." That doesn't mean that it is "bad."

Summarizes my own feelings exactly. Very well written. FWIW, the BEST meals we've ever had at sea were in speciality restaurants, sadly, on X and NC and not Princess. Tuscan Grill, Murano, and "the Fench Bistro on the NCL Getaway" (sorry, name escapes me) were breathtaking meals, superb in all respects. Crown Grill has been utterly forgettable the last three times we've eaten in one, Sabatini's and Share have been excellent.

I confess to being a big cheerleader of SHARE

(reduced to save space)

Very well said.

As SHARE was planned for introduction, I had several cruises booked on Emerald (I think) before and after dry dock for it's installation.

I recall my conversation with the Maitre 'd before dry dock about the price:

him: "$39"

me: "for a couple?"

"No, per person."

Disbelief on my part: "Does Princess really think that Princess Passengers are going to pay $78 as a couple to eat there compared to the $50 they spend today?"

Oh, and the threads and arguments on here by ... bless their hearts ... individuals who seemed destined to blockade and picket the SHARE entrance to prevent anyone from eating their just because it didn't sound good to them!

I'll admit that I dined as a skeptic, given my bias towards the old Sabatini's menu. But I found it to be fantastic, artful and delicious.

We were at Share on the Ruby Princess about 2 weeks ago. Service was friendly, and the food was decent. It seemed to be prepared and plated with a little more care than the mass dining in the MDR which can be a bit hit or miss.

Share has a "fine casual" atmosphere rather than the slightly more elegant atmosphere of the MDR.

Overall, we enjoyed the meal and would consider it again on a future Princess cruise.