In Cabin Alcohol

Peterpatch1

I agree. We pre-purchased 1 liter a bottle of Canadian Club on HAL last year for about $50. At first glance I do not see an equivalent Canadian Whisky on the Celebrity website, and I am not about to lay out $125 for rum for our upcoming cruise.

Just wondering if these prices are supposed to be a deterrent to encourage folks to opt for the drinks package?

The prices are what they are. CC is on the classic drink package.

Beverage packages and an in-cabin bottle are two totally different things. I don't mind paying $40-$50 for the convenience of having a bottle in my room, but I'm not going to pay $125.

With a drink package I could get half a bottle of CC on a sea day for my cabin. Also if you book a higher end suite you get bottle set up for your suite.

So, a solution to avoid paying $125 for a bottle of gin is to book a suite. Hmmm, let me do the math on that....:confused:

Compared to HAL, however, the prices are ridiculous. A bottle of Tanqueray on Celebrity is $125.45 CAD. On our most recent HAL cruise it was under $50 CAD. In both cases, a few cans of mix are included.

You bring up a great point Fouremco. The price difference for in-cabin bottles of liquor does vary widely from cruise line to cruise line. For example on my last 2 cruises in the past 2 months, I paid $43.75 for a bottle of Bacardi rum on Holland America while on Carnival I paid $85.00 for that same bottle of rum. And Celebrity shows on their website that same bottle of Bacardi rum is $100.

With a drink package I could get half a bottle of CC on a sea day for my cabin. Also if you book a higher end suite you get bottle set up for your suite.

only single drinks with the package. This controls sharing as drink package is for personal consumption

only single drinks with the package. This controls sharing as drink package is for personal consumption

I've ordered a scotch, and a few minutes later ordered another etc. I pour the new ones into the first glass and before ya know it I have a full glass of Macallan to relax with in the cabin. Some bartenders will pour you a double (some wont) and 3 of those should hold you over for a night or two in the cabin. If you don't finish it in the cabin just pour your leftover into a water bottle and stick it in the fridge.

I agree. We pre-purchased 1 liter a bottle of Canadian Club on HAL last year for about $50. At first glance I do not see an equivalent Canadian Whisky on the Celebrity website, and I am not about to lay out $125 for rum for our upcoming cruise.

Just wondering if these prices are supposed to be a deterrent to encourage folks to opt for the drinks package?

For future reference: you can bring your own spirits (as well as wine) on Oceania. Must be consumed in your cabin though wine can go to dinner with corkage fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let me go into more detail. With a drink package, near the end of breakfast ask for a shot of CC and take it with you. Then while your going to your cabin after breakfast stop at another bar and get another shot. Ask for the shot in a tall glass. I think you get the idea. You can get a shot about every ten minutes. It really does not take much time. Now if you both have a drink package. You can get all the CC you want for your cabin in no time.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

Beverage packages and an in-cabin bottle are two totally different things. I don't mind paying $40-$50 for the convenience of having a bottle in my room, but I'm not going to pay $125.

I agree totally. Previous cruises with HAL, we have always had a nice bottle of gin waiting in our cabin for us when we board. I had planned to do the same with Celebrity for our upcoming Solstice cruise, but when I saw the ridiculous price I just about fell off my chair. How on earth do that justify charging more than double what HAL charge?

Let me go into more detail. With a drink package, near the end of breakfast ask for a shot of CC and take it with you. Then while your going to your cabin after breakfast stop at another bar and get another shot. Ask for the shot in a tall glass. I think you get the idea. You can get a shot about every ten minutes. It really does not take much time. Now if you both have a drink package. You can get all the CC you want for your cabin in no time.

That sounds like a plan. I might try it. Gin for breakfast, gin for morning tea, gin for lunch, gin for afternoon tea, and I'm ready for a couple of G&Ts on the balcony. I still wish they charged a fair amount, though.

I agree totally. Previous cruises with HAL, we have always had a nice bottle of gin waiting in our cabin for us when we board. I had planned to do the same with Celebrity for our upcoming Solstice cruise, but when I saw the ridiculous price I just about fell off my chair. How on earth do that justify charging more than double what HAL charge?

If I ever were in a position to charge thousands of passengers for a bottle of booze, I'd set the price at $1 million.

After all, I'd only have to sell one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds like a plan. I might try it. Gin for breakfast, gin for morning tea, gin for lunch, gin for afternoon tea, and I'm ready for a couple of G&Ts on the balcony. I still wish they charged a fair amount, though.

The price is fair (included with your bevy package). Not particularly convenient though;)

It is fairly easy to sneak a bottle of booze onto Celebrity if you are so inclined. Get some rum runners, fill em, and put them in your carry on or luggage. The forum police will show up shortly telling you how horrible a person you are if you do it though. There are a few single malts I like that Celebrity does not carry. I occasionally sneak a bottle on (using rum runners) to enjoy in my room. If anything, I'm saving celebrity money since I'm not drinking their Macallan. Once I forgot to bring my rum runners and had the bottle in my carry on. They found it and just told me to drink it in my room (that would not happen on Royal or most of the other lines).

I agree, the price is what it is. We sometimes order a bottle of alcohol, sometimes two bottles of wine, sometimes nothing... we always budget for what we may want and not worry about the cost.

bon voyage

The price is fair (included with your bevy package). Not particularly convenient though;)

It is fairly easy to sneak a bottle of booze onto Celebrity if you are so inclined. Get some rum runners, fill em, and put them in your carry on or luggage. The forum police will show up shortly telling you how horrible a person you are if you do it though. There are a few single malts I like that Celebrity does not carry. I occasionally sneak a bottle on (using rum runners) to enjoy in my room. If anything, I'm saving celebrity money since I'm not drinking their Macallan. Once I forgot to bring my rum runners and had the bottle in my carry on. They found it and just told me to drink it in my room (that would not happen on Royal or most of the other lines).

I would be one of those "forum police" type people - just wouldn't do it. Rum runners? I'm guessing that means hip flask and not a pair of joggers that you use for a mad dash to the nearest bar????:D