Hotel recommendations in Barcelona

kuddles14

We stayed the night before cruise at Hotel Colon and loved it, location is perfect and staff was wonderful. The night after we stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona and was disappointed, we were sorry we did not go back to Hotel Colon.

We have stayed at the two hiltons in town, like the Hiltion Diagonal Mar.is our favorite because right on the Mediterranean.. actually staying there again in October... we prefer to be off the beaten path though, maybe others don't. Great shopping right across the street from Hilton... market in basement area ... easy to buy wine there. We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton (Hotel Arts) very pricey... we got deal at the time... have stayed out at the airport as well and used the airport bus... easy to do. Actually taxis are the best way to get around in Barcelona...

I just got back from a cruise last night....sailed from Barcelona and I stayed at The Hotel Pulitzer and I would stay there

again:).....clean, lovely staff and great location. I used a car service through the hotel. Driver was waiting for me at

the airport and I used the same company from the hotel to the ship:D

Hi Lois,

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Pulitzer and I just booked it for April 2018. The car service sounds convenient too so I will have to check that out once I have my airfare booked.....

Thanks for posting about your experience :)

Hi Lois,

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Pulitzer and I just booked it for April 2018. The car service sounds convenient too so I will have to check that out once I have my airfare booked.....

Thanks for posting about your experience :)

Hi Linda, glad to help:)....hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I am considering staying at Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7341-pullman-barcelona-skipper/index.shtml. Anyone have any experience with this one. Is it in a central location?

Any input is helpful. Virginia

My wife and I spent in total 5 nights at Pullman Barcelona Skipper in February 2014 before and after a cruise out of Barcelona. The hotel is modern, the staff was friendly and professional, breakfast was good - but expensive. My overall opinion regarding Pullman Barcelona Skipper is that you get what you pay for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our room was a junior suite superior. During our first stay we had room number 422, and during our last stay we had room number 222. 422 was far more superior than 222. Better jacuzzi, nicer colors. Both rooms was clean.

My main issue with these rooms was that you could hear everything going on in the hallway, and sometimes you could hear your neighbours.

If you are an adult without any walking issues, you can quite easy walk to La Rambla and the area around. Aprox 25 min walk to the lower part of La Rambla. On the other side it is just a 4 min walk to the subway. Not very central, but central enough:)

I would rate this hotel as a 4.5 star, not a full 5 star hotel.

We stayed at Hotel Jazz 2 nights pre-cruise. I don't have anything to compare against but we were happy. It was a short walk (3 or 4 minutes) to Placa de Catalunya/the top of La Rambla and to Casa Batllo. The Universitat Metro station is about 2 minutes away from the hotel entrance. Several coffee shops (including Starbucks) and restaurants very close, as well as a small grocery store. Rooms were modern and fairly spacious, and there was a nice pool/bar on the roof. I wouldn't mind staying there again but might try something different next time for a change of pace.

When we were in Barcelona in May, we stayed at Hotel Continental Barcelona on the Rambas close to the Placa de Cataluya. We had 3rd floor balcony room and it was so pleasant to sit there and people watch. The

hotel was very nice and affordable. By the way, before you decide to ride the metro, be sure there isn't a scheduled strike. We found out our plans to get to Sants train station had to be changed due to metro strike.

We took a cab and all was well. The hotel clerk told us strikes were about every week and they were scheduled last May anyway. So be sure to ask.

Are there any hotels or B&B's that are within walking distance to the port? In light of the strikes and work stoppages going on and not being able to get from a Barcelona hotel to the port in a taxi with roads and public transport shut down, I am considering changing my reservations to someplace I can just roll my luggage myself from the hotel to the cruise port. Right now I am staying at Forget Me Not B&B near Plaza Catalunya.

I may not be able to get there at all if the people are on strike on my arrival day, Oct. 23.

My cruise is Oct. 25, in less than 3 weeks.

Hi Everyone! I will be traveling on a cruise out of Barcelona next summer, at this point traveling solo. I read through all of the previous suggestions and was thinking and trying to decide between Hotel Europark, Catalonia Sagrada Familia, or U232. Europark cost is showing up to be more than the other two, so I'm just wondering if anybody has any advice whether it is worth it to go with the one that is more expensive (it was mentioned more often by other posters) or if one of the others would be recommended?

Hi Everyone! I will be traveling on a cruise out of Barcelona next summer, at this point traveling solo. I read through all of the previous suggestions and was thinking and trying to decide between Hotel Europark, Catalonia Sagrada Familia, or U232. Europark cost is showing up to be more than the other two, so I'm just wondering if anybody has any advice whether it is worth it to go with the one that is more expensive (it was mentioned more often by other posters) or if one of the others would be recommended?

Hotel Europark is where we will be staying when you do your booking there is a place to put in a code it says NN CODE put in ( euro5 ) you may get a discount.

We are Marriott Rewards members and might be looking to book with points. Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance or the Cotton Hotel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can add hotels to your selection if you join SPG and link that membership to your MR account. You get automatic status match, too. You can move points from MR to SPG (and vise versa). The drawback is that you don't get MR credit if you stay at SPG (and vise versa). But, worth looking into. I moved some of my SPG points over to my MR account to stay at the Springhill Suites at the port in San Diego.

The additional hotels would be the Le Meridien (right on La Rambla - a very nice hotel in a great location), the W Barcelona (on the beach), and the Four Points Diagonal (in the @22 neighborhood).

You can add hotels to your selection if you join SPG and link that membership to your MR account. You get automatic status match, too. You can move points from MR to SPG (and vise versa). The drawback is that you don't get MR credit if you stay at SPG (and vise versa). But, worth looking into. I moved some of my SPG points over to my MR account to stay at the Springhill Suites at the port in San Diego.

The additional hotels would be the Le Meridien (right on La Rambla - a very nice hotel in a great location), the W Barcelona (on the beach), and the Four Points Diagonal (in the @22 neighborhood).

What does SPG stand for?

Just figured out what SPG stands for and thank you for the information. It is helpful and I will have to check this out .

Just figured out what SPG stands for and thank you for the information. It is helpful and I will have to check this out .

My apologies. I just assumed that, with the merger of Marriott and SPG and being a MR member, you would have known about the Starwood Preferred Guest program. On the SPG side, I received emails about joining MR and linking, so I thought that people on the Marriott side of the house received the same.

We love ❤️ the Hotel Colon - stayed there 4 years and plan to stay there again next year. Directly across from the Cathedral. Great for people watching, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering with all that is going on in Barcelona with the demonstrations if we would be better off not in the center on the city? Port Vell, Port Olympic and a few other areas have nice hotels and we would not be in the center of things if these things take place. Something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...
We are Marriott Rewards members and might be looking to book with points. Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance or the Cotton Hotel ?

Our family sailed out of Barcelona in July and we stayed at the Renaissance Fira 1 night before and 1 night after. Nice hotel. It is right off the metro. It appeared to be more of a business district. The trains to the airport are nice and not that crowded. We were able to use the metro as well to get around Barcelona, though a bit more crowded on the trains into the city. We took taxi's to and from port. It was about 20-25 Euros for a full cab. Only about a 15 min ride. There was a gas station a block or so from hotel where we could get water, etc.

note that Barcelona has...a large fleet of inexpensive taxis (over 11,000 for a population of 1.6 million, far more than in NY!)

NYC has about 13,500 "medallion" taxis, but of course has a much larger population than Barcelona. Bear in mind that these typically have multiple drivers who run the cabs two or three full shifts every day. I don't know if Barcelona cabs are the same. In addition, NYC has about 46,000 Uber cars and about 15,000 cars in similar service for other companies. From what I read, these are largely illegal in Barcelona.

We have sailed out of Barcelona twice and both times used the Ciutat del Prat hotel. It is not central at all but in quite a nice residential area. They offer a package deal where they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the port, right to your ship. Breakfast was included and was a wonderful treat - all the usual culprits of a continental breakfast plus many meats, cheeses, great pastries. We have eaten dinner there once when our plane was quite late arriving and the hotel restaurant was decent. There are a couple of nice bistro restaurants within close walking distance and a small convenience store across the street. I don't believe it's far from the metro.

This past September we had Barcelona Day Tours pick us up at airport and we did a 4 hour tour of the city, including a stop at La Familia Sagrada, I can't say enough good things about this company. We stayed at Hotel Colon, across from The Cathedral and I highly recommend it, great location, friendly staff, and you can easily walk to restaurants, Los Rambas and other locations. The morning of the cruise we had the hotel desk call us cab to the port, very simple!