Spa / Internet costs

Muffinz

We are on Solstice in March / April - it's a special cruise (our first ever cruise) for my wife's 50th

we have $150 each to spend on board credit (as well as classic beverage pkg) and are looking at what we can spend it on

we're not really interested in any of the excursions offered and have booked a couple of private excursions.

I'd like to treat my wife to a nice massage at the spa - but on celebrities website I cannot find any information regarding prices...etc...

does anyone know what celebrity would charge for a 30-60 minute massage in the spa on board Solstice?

also they don't appear to offer a 'pay as you go' internet service? I'm not interested in buying a whole package.... I'd just like to spend an hour or 2 on one of the sea days checking my personal e-mails - can I do this or will I have to buy a package?

I've also heard that they might offer 'specials' at one of the speciality restaurants - do they do this often, or just when there are not many bookings?

any advice would be appreciated :)

We were on the Silhouette in October. A 50 minute Canyon Ranch massage was $145 but they will add 18% in service fees to that. I suggest you go there after you board-they typically have gift cards and discounts that they raffle off shortly after the muster drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to treat my wife to a nice massage at the spa - but on celebrities website I cannot find any information regarding prices...etc...

does anyone know what celebrity would charge for a 30-60 minute massage in the spa on board Solstice?

also they don't appear to offer a 'pay as you go' internet service? I'm not interested in buying a whole package.... I'd just like to spend an hour or 2 on one of the sea days checking my personal e-mails - can I do this or will I have to buy a package?

I've also heard that they might offer 'specials' at one of the speciality restaurants - do they do this often, or just when there are not many bookings?

any advice would be appreciated :)

A spa day will only cost you your left arm (or first born child). Internet is slightly more. I usually just wait till I'm in port and find somewhere with free wifi (like the crew does). They have several internet packages they are all ridiculous. My wife has given up on the spa for the most part although if they offer a deal she sometimes goes for it. Her last visit (with a deal) was $180 after tip. Damn, that's 3 rounds of golf;p. You have to watch them too, it can sometimes be a 60 minute sales pitch for additional treatments and their fancy (expensive) lotions. I would look for a nice place in one of the ports (maybe an on the beach massage in Cairns etc). I don't recall the internet prices. $269USD is the unlimited price. I thought the had a 60 or 90 minute package and possibly an all day package. I think those were around $60.

On most cruises they offer deals on the specialty dining, especially on port days. Unless they are really booked up it's usually easy to get them to give you a discount. I've gotten anywhere from 25% off to 50% off nearly every time I've asked. Murano is pretty nice for a special dinner, tell them and you should get a nice little cake. I'm not sure how crowded the specialties will be on the GBR cruise. Hopefully not very so we can get some good discounts. We did my wifes 50th last summer on the Equinox. The March 30th GBR cruise will be our 30th anniversary gift to ourselves!

Edited by TFLG

You mentioned you had the beverage package and $150 OBC each. Have you prepaid your gratuities? If not your OBC can be used toward your gratuities. The gratuities for most cabins are $14.50 per person per day.

thanks we are on the Great Barrier Reef tour leaving from Sydney and on the Australian tours gratuities are included... we could use some of the OBC to pay for more expensive drinks... my wife would love a cocktail or 2 each night...

yes I thought that about the spa and the internet.... might have to find an internet cafe at one of our port stops as wife is reluctant to take the i-pad or laptop away with us

thanks we are on the Great Barrier Reef tour leaving from Sydney and on the Australian tours gratuities are included... we could use some of the OBC to pay for more expensive drinks... my wife would love a cocktail or 2 each night...

yes I thought that about the spa and the internet.... might have to find an internet cafe at one of our port stops as wife is reluctant to take the i-pad or laptop away with us

My idea is to forego the massage and perhaps use your OBC for a week-long pass to Persian Gardens. On our last cruise this cost was $150 for two for the week. The cost may have increased a little since then. Also consider using your OBC to upgrade to the Premium drink package. Between the Persian Gardens and drink package upgrade, your OBC would be gone but if you're not interested in booking an excursion through the ship, what does it matter? Another poster mentioned gratuities and that is also a good option. We usually ask for a discount when going to a specialty restaurant and we've never been turned down. Usually, you just have to ask. Bottom line is that if you don't have all 4 perks, you will likely be out of pocket some money by the end of the vacation. I hope you enjoy!

It is a complete mystery to me why people pay to use Persian Gardens. I suggest you visit there to see if you think the price is worth it.. This is a small room with heated, tile loungers and a nice view. That's it. You can find nice views in many, many spots all over the ship for no cost.

Spa port pricing specials for a Canyon Ranch massage or basic facial, including the added grat, will fit your OBC budget...the standard prices are online but port pricing is less....try again on X website or google. They do a nice job..and just say NO to product pitches,

CAUTION....you need to follow the limitations...usually port morning only..and I always get any prices in writing and initialled on the appt card..

Persian Gardens on S class is a nice open area with heated loungers looking out to the sea..several sauna and steam rooms and nice showers, if working. Free sauna available in ladies locker room...sea view!

That and some specialty dining...also look for deals..should work well.

It is a complete mystery to me why people pay to use Persian Gardens. I suggest you visit there to see if you think the price is worth it.. This is a small room with heated, tile loungers and a nice view. That's it. You can find nice views in many, many spots all over the ship for no cost.

My friends wife loves that place. She could nap/read in there all day. I'm with you though, it's not for me. I would go stir crazy in there.

My OBC will be used for specialty dining and excursions. I wish I had a lot more, the excursions on the Aus/NZ cruises are very high compared to many other itineraries we've done.

thanks for the replies... looks like a massage at the spa is off the list.... not interested in the Persian garden, it will be hot weather in Queensland so we wouldn't need heated loungers.

we might try one of the restaurants on board Solstice - but I've heard mixed reviews about them... I would hate to dine in Murano / Tuscan Grille or Silk Harvest and have an average experience

:)

This is several years old, but you can get an idea of prices.

2015 Celebrity Spa Fee.pdf

thanks for the replies... looks like a massage at the spa is off the list.... not interested in the Persian garden, it will be hot weather in Queensland so we wouldn't need heated loungers.

we might try one of the restaurants on board Solstice - but I've heard mixed reviews about them... I would hate to dine in Murano / Tuscan Grille or Silk Harvest and have an average experience

Murano has been really good every time I've gone. I agree on the other two, they are hit or miss. If you can get a good discount it's worth a shot though. I've had some very good meals in Tuscan (and some that were just ok). The fillet in Tuscan is usually very good.

Canyon Ranch is overpriced. Buy your wife a gift card for a local spa massage to help her through cruise withdrawal when you get back from your first cruise :)

There is a 24 hour internet pass available. I don't remember the price.

If it was my birthday, I'd prefer my husband book a specialty restaurant for us to enjoy together.