If you get a Thank you for sailing with us....

nancyshaw

Dont bother calling and applying it to a future cruise if your booking has or will have more than one perk. You are disqualified if you booked on board, if you booked with their promos, etc, etc.

It is a Thank you with so many exceptions attached to it that very few can actually use it. Hence it is a NO thank you. Just an empty enticement on Celebrity's part to get you to book a future cruise.

Yes I have taken my business elsewhere in case someone is eager to tell me to do so.

You must have had only one perk or their treatment of clients is extremely inconsistent. Some get, some dont.

All up to the whim of the rep you are speaking with. Someone told me that with Celebrity if you dont get what you are asking for with one rep, hang up and try some others.

I went right up to management but once someone says No, they record it in your record and no one else will undo someone elses decision.

So maybe hanging up rather than persevering is a good strategy. Like Russian roulette.

No line should operate like that. Everything is arbitrary depending on who you speak to.

I have used mine multiple times with all 4 suite perks included. I've even used the code when I didn't have a current offer. I'm sure it wouldn't be able to be combined with onboard booking OBC. I believe states it can be combined with 1 offer.

Comments here just reinforce Celebrity's arbitrary rules.

As for never getting a Thank you, well it is NOT a thank you when it comes with so many strings attached that you have to spend a ton of time getting it unraveled. Bottom line still seems to be, its all up to the rep you get.

Yes have done that and one better, actually wrote to resolutions.

Got back a repetition of the rules.

I got advice way back there to hang up when you are speaking to someone who is quoting you the rules. Otherwise it is in your file and NO one will go against someone elses ruling.

Good advice. I just have to remember to do that. Hang up till you get someone who is will NOT quote rules. Too bad it has to be that way.

After 20+ cruises with Celebrity I've never received one of these! Dianne

For what it's worth we've gotten it after our last 3 cruises. We have not booked on board and all have been booked through a TA. One Postthanku was applied to a cruise we'd booked a week before departed on a cruise. We got it when we got back and called to ask if we could apply it and were allowed to do it even though it was an existing booking.

After 20+ cruises with Celebrity I've never received one of these! Dianne

That's the same with us Dianne. 25 sailings to date and we've never received the thank you email. Actually, I never get any email offers from Celebrity. I guess our loyalty doesn't mean anything to them.

Patty

We got the "Thank You" offer after we had booked on board and had two perks. Then we saw a summer savings promo that was $300 discount. We were told we could not use the "Thank You" discount Upon calling Captains Club she said not a problem and applied it for us. I tend to call Celebrity twice and most times will get a different answer.