Stairway and elevàtor noise in cabin

Chilcotin

Princess Cruises has graciously upgraded my accessible cabin. My cabin is on Aloha Deck on the Saphirre Princess. The entrance to the cabin is right across from the forward stairs and elevators. Anyone have experience as to how noisey cabins in that location are? I have MS and like to nap in the afternoon.

Princess Cruises has graciously upgraded my accessible cabin. My cabin is on Aloha Deck on the Saphirre Princess. The entrance to the cabin is right across from the forward stairs and elevators. Anyone have experience as to how noisey cabins in that location are? I have MS and like to nap in the afternoon.

Never had an issue with noise from stairs or elevators

We’ve been right across from the mushing stairs / elevator vestibule area on the emerald deck before and may have just had a very loud crowd onboard or maybe just very slow elevators but it was very noisy. Our stateroom door opened up right into this area and seemed like people were having their party time in the waiting area by the evevators. Kinds were also running up and down the stairs / hallways ... well, being kids, I guess, right there ... no adult supervision to be found. I make a note to never book one of these rooms right there ever again.

Oddly enough, we’ve been across from the self service laundry areas many times and never heard a thing.

On several occasions we've had cabins right where your cabin is and we've never heard the elevator or people walking down the stairs. You might hear people occasionally talking on their way to their cabin, but you can hear that even if you weren't close to the elevators or stairway. I wouldn't hesitate to have a cabin located there. Worry more about the Lido deck above you.

The Lido deck is above us but luckily the cabin has other cabins above it not the lido deck pools. This is a Baltic cruise so I am thinking it will be more of a seasoned traveller, less noisy crowd. most accessible cabins are located near the elevators so this is something I will need to get used to.

I seek out these cabins because I've never had a problem. Sometimes they are a little cheaper than cabins on either sides because people are "afraid" of them due to possible noise. Now, if there are a lot of kids on the cruise, then I might worry as bored kids love elevator games and sitting on steps. I don't cruise when that is a likely situation.

People make noises not the elevators.

We prefer cabins near the elevators/stairs for the convenience. There is never any noise from the elevator machinery. The only time we book a cabin farther from the elevator lobby is on cruises that are more likely to have a high number of incompetent parents who failed to teach their children how to be considerate, quiet, and not block elevators and stairs.

We prefer cabins near the elevators/stairs for the convenience. There is never any noise from the elevator machinery. The only time we book a cabin farther from the elevator lobby is on cruises that are more likely to have a high number of incompetent parents who failed to teach their children how to be considerate, quiet, and not block elevators and stairs.

To the OP: been in many cabins across from the elevators. Never a problem. I love that I can get to the elevator in a few steps. Relax and enjoy. Turn on your tv or the music if you are super sensitive or fear you might be bothered. Or bring ear plugs or sound blocking headset for your own music. I’ll bet you never use them but, you’ll feel more at ease if you bring at least earplugs.

To nukesubsailor: first, thanks for your service. Second, my son was also a nukesubsailor. He served from 1982-88 and was stationed out of South Carolina, once he finished all of the various schools.