List of O Cruise Directors?

harryw

I believe Leslie Jon is still with O' date=' as is Dottie Kulasa.

As to the Brits, Nolan Dean has jumped ship to Viking according to a recent thread, but sadly Peter Roberts has stayed.[/quote']

We found Peter to be a lot of fun. Yeah, he's a bit "out" there, but still a great guy. Perhaps it's his being "out", you don't like?

We found Peter to be a lot of fun. Yeah, he's a bit "out" there, but still a great guy. Perhaps it's his being "out", you don't like?

Far from it ;)

I've just never been on a two week cruise where I have never seen the CD at all until our crossing on Marina in May. Daytime activities were uninspired, and what little there was, was organised by his partner Jason. Apparently the odd passenger spotted him introducing evening entertainment, but we dine late and avoid the entertainment.

Far from it ;)

I've just never been on a two week cruise where I have never seen the CD at all until our crossing on Marina in May. Daytime activities were uninspired' date=' and what little there was, was organised by his partner Jason. Apparently the odd passenger spotted him introducing evening entertainment, but we dine late and avoid the entertainment.[/quote']

Jason is excellent, we’ve had them a few times.

As of February, Carr was still a CD with Oceania. Haven’t heard that he’s moved on . Personally like him.

Perez is now running his own B&B in Havana! He’s been gone from O a couple years or so.

We’ve had Ray on our last three cruises, including one that finished a couple of weeks ago. His daily TV shows with the wonderful Jennifer Faust were a highlight.

Harryw,

I also heard that story. I believe it was Roy Perez who is the cd in question. What a shame. He was our favorite! Hate to think that a passenger, even well heeled, could have that power!

K

Harryw,

I also heard that story. I believe it was Roy Perez who is the cd in question. What a shame. He was our favorite! Hate to think that a passenger, even well heeled, could have that power!

K

I'm pretty sure his leaving had nothing to do with trivia.

The one that I've been with that totally controls trivia, doing all the grading etc. was David Peterson.

Roy seemed to be pretty lackadaisical about the whole thing. Maybe it was because he didn't take it serious enough was why the rumor started.

What's interesting is that the latest Olife magazine that I got yesterday lists all of the Future Cruise consultants and which ship they're on until whenever. But I don't see anyone ever asking who they are. Yet people always want to know who the CDs and GMs are. Maybe whoever puts that little publication together should pay attention.

The one that I've been with that totally controls trivia, doing all the grading etc. was David Peterson.

Totally. He even "threatens" to count the pencils to make sure everyone returned them :D

I liked him.

We've had Peter and Jason on 2 cruises and enjoyed them. They both were always around organizing things. I know lots of you are Trivia fans, but we really like Bingo and Jason is, hands down, the best Bingo caller. There used to be a CD named Ray Solaire, a Brit., who was really great. He had these life-sized puppets which he entertained with. David Peterson and Ray Carr also good.

I always liked Roy P. He was funny and always did a very good job.

Trivia, I could care less about, while some take it as a blood sport. The recommendation I’ve made to O , on several cruises, which would solve several issues, is to block the WiFi in the ship’s Lounges. My best trivia experience was when Ray Carr kicked a Group out of trivia for cheating and banned them from trivia for the rest of the cruise. March them out of the Lounge in front of everyone! Ray ranks high up there for me after that!

What's interesting is that the latest Olife magazine that I got yesterday.

Is this a paper version or online version?

We never get the OLife magazine since I opted out of the constant barrage of brochures

We've had Peter and Jason on 2 cruises and enjoyed them. They both were always around organizing things. I know lots of you are Trivia fans, but we really like Bingo and Jason is, hands down, the best Bingo caller. There used to be a CD named Ray Solaire, a Brit., who was really great. He had these life-sized puppets which he entertained with. David Peterson and Ray Carr also good.

Ray Solaire is by far the best CD we have come across - first came across him on Silversea 12 years or so ago. Sailed with him twice, and have only tenuously come across him once since. We had just boarded Regatta in NYC and there was a Regent ship berthed next to us - Ray's boat drill announcement was booming across the Hudson in his clipped BBC microphone voice, and we were chuckling to ourselves knowing that if we were chatting face to face he would be speaking to us in his more usual Lancashire accent :D

Very old school, very talented, and still sailing on Regent I believe :D

Would love to see him on O.....

Is this a paper version or online version?

We never get the OLife magazine since I opted out of the constant barrage of brochures

It's paper, I don't know if there is an online version, it's just called the Summer 2018.

It's paper, I don't know if there is an online version, it's just called the Summer 2018.

Thanks

Paul had posted a link for an online version for the last edition but I could never find it on my own :halo:

I always liked Roy P. He was funny and always did a very good job.

Trivia, I could care less about, while some take it as a blood sport. The recommendation I’ve made to O , on several cruises, which would solve several issues, is to block the WiFi in the ship’s Lounges. My best trivia experience was when Ray Carr kicked a Group out of trivia for cheating and banned them from trivia for the rest of the cruise. March them out of the Lounge in front of everyone! Ray ranks high up there for me after that!

I've always enjoyed trivia on my cruises. I will be on my first Oceania cruise next January (Insignia ATW), and am hoping to enjoy it on there as well.

What sort (if any), "fabulous ship's prizes" do they award winner's? How many to a team, and do they also do a progressive?