List of O Cruise Directors?

harryw

you get O points for trivia: 3 pt card for 1st, 2 pt card for 2nd, 1 pt card for 1st.

At the end of the cruise you may redeem all your cards for a variety of things. Luggage tags =20 pts all the way to 100 pt clothing items...all with an O identification on it.

Don't worry about not having quite enough points for that long sleeve O shirt...staff is nice about rounding your total waaaay up for you!

Ray Carr always says trivia is a blood sport and reminds us several times during the cruise "people, you are playing for a visor" because it gets argumentative at times.

It helps to be reminded that big O points aren't worth getting all riled up over whether "Netherlands" or "Holland" will be accepted as an answer!

There was a rumor years ago that a CD was transferred or lost his job after

a well heeled guest complained about the CD’s oversight of a trivia match. Is this a sea legend?

Probably

Jancruz1

I've always enjoyed trivia on my cruises. I will be on my first Oceania cruise next January (Insignia ATW), and am hoping to enjoy it on there as well.

What sort (if any), "fabulous ship's prizes" do they award winner's? How many to a team, and do they also do a progressive?

8 people to a team.

Try to choose a mixed team with Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks and Brits if you can :) (I figure you got the Yanks covered) :)

on an extended cruise my trivia group was composed of a doctor, lawyer, literature teacher, history teacher, retired foreign service officer, a scientist, and 2 Canadians.....we did very well!

My last cruise was composed of 2 Americans, 2 Canadians, 3 Brits and we also did very well!

What is a "progressive"

CBB

you get O points for trivia: 3 pt card for 1st, 2 pt card for 2nd, 1 pt card for 1st.

At the end of the cruise you may redeem all your cards for a variety of things. Luggage tags =20 pts all the way to 100 pt clothing items...all with an O identification on it.

Don't worry about not having quite enough points for that long sleeve O shirt...staff is nice about rounding your total waaaay up for you!

Ray Carr always says trivia is a blood sport and reminds us several times during the cruise "people, you are playing for a visor" because it gets argumentative at times.

It helps to be reminded that big O points aren't worth getting all riled up over whether "Netherlands" or "Holland" will be accepted as an answer!

My husband and I thought that was funny!! Thanks for reminding us!

Lauren - we were on Mumbai to Rome with you.

Deus (Lauren)

Well of course I remember fellow trivia people and especially the really nice ones!!!

You might be interested in knowing that I've had the knee looked at and the diagnosis by Doc (and the 4th yr med student shadowing her) is osteoarthritis or as I said "old age!"

She set up PT sessions; my PT guy is awesome and already it is making a huge difference. He wants me to be able to continue to climb steps to Acropolis of Athena!

Do you 2 have any more cruises lined up? We're doing 2 grand voyages in northern Europe/Scandinavia in summer 2019 and then ATW20.

and yeah.....'Holland' or 'Netherlands' cracked me up too and I was so grateful I didn't end up on that team!!! I thought Julie handled it all beautifully!!!

What is a "progressive"

Progressive is when points/gifts are not awarded after each individual game but rather the points are added up and the winner is the team with the most points after a designated period. Seabourn does it that way - the winning team with most total points gets a reward at the end of a cruise or segment.

Cbb ..understand what you are saying about knee osteoarthritis. I also am going through PT to get my knee in shape so don't need knee replacement yet! My PT says she'll get me cruising again in Carribean in Feb/mar. I know this is off the topic, but I really like the compression thing they put on your leg with ice on knee.

Francie

Thanks Paul.....the only 'progressive' I knew about was progressive dinners and I thought....'hey, I'm missing O food at trivia..where's that food!'

Palakika- don't have a compression thing with ice...in fact I don't like ice and my PT said if heat makes me happy then use that so at night I sit with a small fleece blanket as a strip over the knee caps--that and 30 minutes of exercises 2x every day has made a world of difference.

Of course getting up off the floor afterwards is an event that we should be selling tickets for!

palakika- so far it is only my left knee, but the right one feels left out if it isn't covered--so i don't play favorites...rightie is doing yeoman's work right now & i want it to remain healthy!!!

What's interesting is that the latest Olife magazine that I got yesterday lists all of the Future Cruise consultants and which ship they're on until whenever. But I don't see anyone ever asking who they are. Yet people always want to know who the CDs and GMs are. Maybe whoever puts that little publication together should pay attention.

Orv, this is for you my friend..

Just received the info-

·Ray Carr (scheduled for 2nd half of ATWCs)

·Shawn Carter

·John Ekin

·Paul Grant

·Julie James

·Leslie Jon (scheduled for 1st half of ATWCs)

·Dottie Kulasa

·David Peterson

·Corey Powell

·Peter Roberts

·Carson Turner

Jancruz1

You are asking a lot. Why not call Oceania?

I can tell you that Leslie Jon joined Riviera on May 17th, but I don't know how long his contract is.

Jan gave you the list of names. It's a bit much to ask her which ships they are on and when!

Personally -- my bias here -- I never care who the CD is on our cruise and I wonder why it is so important to so many passengers. I understand why Trivia fans want to know ... but in general I find it a -- well, I don't want to say SILLY -- question. But ... I guess I did.

If it's really important to you, call Oceania headquarters and ask them!

JMO.

Mura

Wow! It was just a question. On our 15 O cruises have enjoyed each and every one of our CDs. Some of us do watch their daily morning reports on tv. We are very much independent travelers and don't do trivia, but do enjoy interactions with our CDs!

I guess the CD is important since we attend several shows throughout the cruise in the main theater, and appreciate an upbeat tone and occasional good joke. And good singing is a nice bonus. And seeing him present around the ship is gratifying. By the way, why is it a basically male profession?

We book cruises based on itinerary and don't usually know who the CD is before boarding. We've always loved just being on the ship and really enjoy sea days. Ships activities on these days add to the fun!

Orv, this is for you my friend..

Just received the info-

·Ray Carr (scheduled for 2nd half of ATWCs)

·Shawn Carter

·John Ekin

·Paul Grant

·Julie James

·Leslie Jon (scheduled for 1st half of ATWCs)

·Dottie Kulasa

·David Peterson

·Corey Powell

·Peter Roberts

·Carson Turner

Jancruz1

Thanks Jan. There's a few there I've never run across.

Thanks Jan. There's a few there I've never run across.

I do know Carson is new and from HAL..the list of when CD's are on a ship is never correct..for instance when I talked to Leslie Jon last month he was due to go home June 26..if Mura is correct he is staying longer..t work.

Jancruz1