6,000 nights with Royal Caribbean

The article does say he is about to celebrate his 6,000th night. He's been sailing almost continuously for 20 years.

Correct, but he didn't start with Royal. Voyager was his first. Probably began in early 99. Solo bonus points are relatively new, and article says he sails inside cabins.

The article does say he is about to celebrate his 6,000th night. He's been sailing almost continuously for 20 years.

I think that's his point total - when the LAs do the presentations, they treat them as nights even though they know better. But I imagine that he has close to 3,000 actual nights at sea.

Edited by critterchick

I think that's his point total - when the LAs do the presentations, they treat them as nights even though they know better. But I imagine that he has close to 3,000 actual nights at sea.

If he averaged 300 nights per year then over 20 years he'd have 6,000 nights. Both articles I've seen reference nights not points.

Edited by Tommy3putts

Saw an article recently it's cheaper for seniors to cruise and more enjoyable than living in a assisted living facility I'm Irish so I don't know but my non cruise friends joked they could see me doing it

Just to clarify, it's not 6,000 nights, it's 6,000 points. He gets double points when he stays in a suite. He also gets additional points sailing as a single.

Unfortunately many on board use "nights" vs "points" during award ceremonies. That would include Masters, Hotel Directors and Loyalty Ambassadors.

If RCI officers on board can't get it right.......... ?????? :rolleyes:

He was on our Navigator sailing in March. He pretty much was found on the pool deck in the smoking area sitting at a table with a sign hung on the wall which said "Mario's Office". He was always on his laptop. The ship was his office :)

I can just imagine what the Ultimate Package would cost for a 6000 night cruise... and the subsequent liver transplant :D

How I wish I would be so lucky to find out. Minus the liver transplant :p

dp

Wow...does he/she have a life outside of cruising???

If you read the article cited you would know that this is HIS (is Mario ever a female name :confused:) chosen life.