fort lauderdale

caphum

I LOVE the embassy suites :). Happy hour, awesome breakfast, close to stores, restaurants and walking distance to the scenic bridge where you can watch the cruise ships leave. There is also a secret balcony you can use to watch your ship come in that morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we are staying at Embassy Suites on Jan 5th for our cruise on Freedom. Where is the secret balcony? Thanks

Hi, we are staying at Embassy Suites on Jan 5th for our cruise on Freedom. Where is the secret balcony? Thanks

I am not sure which floors have it, but if you wander around and look portside, at least one floor higher up has a public balcony that looks into where HOS parks :). I stumbled across it by accident :). It was so cool to see HOS pull into dock!

We stayed at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale last year, which is across from the cruise port. This year we are stating at the Fairfield Inn & Suite Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port. The Fairfield offers shuttle pick up from the airport....that saves a few $.

We always stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach. It is a very beautiful property. Right on the beach, has a beautiful pool and the food is great. You can easily walk to a water taxi stop from there as well. Can’t wait to stay there for two night before and two nights after our cruise in February!!

I've stayed there as well. It is beautiful & right on the beach--no walking across the street. I've also stayed at the Marriott on Las Olas in April. It's across the street from the beach but walking distance to restaurants,shops & bars. We had a room facing the back with a view of the intracoastal & the cruise ships in the distance.

Thanks for the info on the Quality Inn Cruiseport south; the one at

2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122

Right? I added that to my planning document for our March 2019 cruise from FLL for consideration. We like the LQ Inns, and look forward to our staying at their location in Plantation next month for that cruise, but it's always good to have a fellow cruiser's alternate recommendation.

Yes, that's the right hotel. Next to a Taco Bell and across the street there's a Burger King. On Stirling Rd the other side of the freeway there's a pretty good deli; we've gone to Sweet Tomatoes (salad and healthy buffet) "behind" the hotel in the shopping/dining area several times. Great location and they have their cruise shuttles down to a science.

Yes, that's the right hotel. Next to a Taco Bell and across the street there's a Burger King. On Stirling Rd the other side of the freeway there's a pretty good deli; we've gone to Sweet Tomatoes (salad and healthy buffet) "behind" the hotel in the shopping/dining area several times. Great location and they have their cruise shuttles down to a science.

Well yeah, thanks or that, but where's the closest liquor/wine store! ;p

Well yeah, thanks or that, but where's the closest liquor/wine store! ;p

At the BJ's Warehouse, also "behind" the hotel in the big shopping district. You need not be a BJ's Warehouse member to enter since their liquor store has its own entrance.

It is...ahem... very handily located between the hotel and the aforementioned Sweet Tomatoes restaurant. :halo:

At the BJ's Warehouse, also "behind" the hotel in the big shopping district. You need not be a BJ's Warehouse member to enter since their liquor store has its own entrance.

It is...ahem... very handily located between the hotel and the aforementioned Sweet Tomatoes restaurant. :halo:

Thanks! My files are updated now!:cool:

I am not sure which floors have it, but if you wander around and look portside, at least one floor higher up has a public balcony that looks into where HOS parks :). I stumbled across it by accident :). It was so cool to see HOS pull into dock!

Now that's pretty neat! I just booked the ES yesterday for the 2nd time, this time for our upcoming March cruise. I will have to look for that!

We stayed in the Renaissance in August. Really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

This is what we liked :

* Near shops and restaurants

* Near Water Taxi stop (for sightseeing HOHO tours)

* Near port entrance (taxi ride is a matter of minutes to terminal)

* Incredibly friendly and helpful staff.

* Pain free check-in / check-out

* Comparing prices when we booked, very reasonable and lower than alternatives in that area.

It isn't the fanciest hotel I have stayed in. One could say limited facilities but I was happy with the accommodation.

BTW they run a shuttle service to the port which you pay for. I found it more convenient to use Uber but you have the option.

We always stay at the Renaissance and loved it and its location. I️ highly recommended it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking to save money, DO NOT book the Days Inn on Broward. While our room was OK despite horrible reviews of the place, there are no restaurants nearby, we waited over an hour for the shuttle from the airport and breakfast was horrible. The shuttles to the cruise were all full so we took a taxi which turned out to be the same cost as the shuttle and much less hassle.

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on St. Route 84 for two nights after our cruise and while not luxurious, was clean and comfortable with two decent restaurants nearby, one right in the hotel. They have a nice courtyard and pool. Their shuttles are very, very well organized.

Wonderful, I just booked this hotel for the end of March. One night before our cruise. I wasn't banking on their shuttle anyway. Our flight doesn't get in until 11pm. Figured on taking cabs.

Looking for hotel recommendations pre-cruise that has complimentary shuttle to port and free or reasonably priced parking during our cruise. Thanks for your help! Arriving Jan 20, 2018, so need to book asap!!

Looking for hotel recommendations pre-cruise that has complimentary shuttle to port and free or reasonably priced parking during our cruise. Thanks for your help! Arriving Jan 20, 2018, so need to book asap!!

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info, including hotels offering parking packages.

http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are two additional sources to check.

I would not focus too much on "free" shuttles - taxis and Uber/Lyft are easy and cheap. ;)

Look a couple of pages up for this summary I make from another kind soul's posting:

- Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122

Free Shuttle to/from Airport – or- Free shuttle to the cruiseport for both embarkation and debarkation.

Free parking up to 8 days if book through stay123.com. Room rate was around $150 for three people.

Rooms come with a microwave and a small fridge, and free wi-fi is available. There is a pool and a pretty good hot breakfast offered from 6 - 9 am.

The hotel is located next to a Taco Bell and a McDonalds, right near a large shopping center (including a K-Mart and an Office Depot), and across Stirling Rd from, e.g., a Burger King and a Chipotle.

Doug

PS - Glad to see you're not waiting until the LAST last minute.......;)

PS - Glad to see you're not waiting until the LAST last minute.......;)

I'm not the one who you're replying to, but find myself in a similar issue... I've gotta find a place for 8 people January 26th.. Yes, last minute, but we were just contacted yesterday by bookings.com that where we HAD booked (private rental house we booked in August,) is no longer available as they aren't fully restored from storm damage! :loudcry:

151 isn't bad, but don't forget it is 13 miles from the cruise port about 20 minutes, not sure if you are flying in, but factoring the cost of the cab or other transportation from the airport to the hotel, then hotel to cruise port....

I live 16 miles from work and it takes me 45 minutes to get to Boca Raton from downtown Fort Lauderdale. I'm thinking the trip will be closer to 35 minutes. Down here we give distances in minutes rather than miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Any experiences with the Residence Inn by Marriott on Dania Beach? It says it has free shuttle from the airport, and a shuttle ($) to the cruise port (I'm thinking a cab may work out better, as there are three of us. Free breakfast. Sounds basic, but fine.

Are there places to eat in walking distance?

This is for HoTS, July.

It's a fine location. Bass Pro is across the street which is fun to walk around and see the dish tank. Dining, you have some fast food but also close to a couple popular restaurants. Tropical Acres and Rustic Inn. Islamorada Fish Company is located at Bass Pro as well.

If you are really adventurous and brought your leather, you could also make your way to Flossies.