Received an email upgrade

If you like aft corner balconies, we had cabin #8181 on Celebrity Infinity for our Alaska Cruise last year. It was a really nice cabin, split up by a divider, 2 tv's.......but the balcony was huge, almost as large as the huge cabin. A family of 6 could have sleeped out there.

It's like this cabin on Summit, 2 doors to get into the cabin.

Back to the OP question, looks like most if not all of these upgrade emails/offers are coming through people that book directly with RCCL..............I guess they don't want to make these offers through travel agencies because it takes more emails and phone tag.

Jimbo:)

Done one Celebrity....an Equinox TA

Not sure I'm old enough to go back?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Done one Celebrity....an Equinox TA

Not sure I'm old enough to go back?

That is exactly what we thought about Vision, lot's of passengers using handicap scooters and walker's. I guess that is a better ship for them because it's much smaller then the rest of RCCL fleet.

We are sailing on Liberty on Sunday and I got the email yesterday (3 days out from the sail date) to be added to the waitlist for a “potential upgrade.” Ours would be from interior to junior suite for $450. I called C&A and asked if it was first clicked/first offered because I didn’t see the email until 8 hours after it was sent. She said that the list is prioritized according to C&A status. I signed up, but so far no call. The email says that they only call once and if you don’t answer your phone they will go to the next person on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know about that. I've never ever received one call or e-mail.:loudcry:

Called the C&A Diamond Plus desk to confirm I was checked for automatic upgrade and inquired how one gets calls or e-mails for upsells. Was told the upsells have nothing to do with C&A status. He said, "it is a random lottery by the revenue department." So no rhyme or reason, just chance.

More RCCL inconsistency.

I got an email to go from a virtual balcony inside on deck 10 to an unknown inside guarantee for "only" $200. Hmm. An inside high up near the middle with a screen showing me what is outside or pay more for the unknown. I answered the email for the heck of it. Figured I could always turn them down. Got a second email saying they may call any day. That was a few months ago. 20+ days away, they still have rooms you can book at a very high price but I have received no calls.

I got an email to go from a virtual balcony inside on deck 10 to an unknown inside guarantee for "only" $200. Hmm. An inside high up near the middle with a screen showing me what is outside or pay more for the unknown. I answered the email for the heck of it. Figured I could always turn them down. Got a second email saying they may call any day. That was a few months ago. 20+ days away, they still have rooms you can book at a very high price but I have received no calls.

I don't see how that was considered an upgrade.:confused:

Called the C&A Diamond Plus desk to confirm I was checked for automatic upgrade and inquired how one gets calls or e-mails for upsells. Was told the upsells have nothing to do with C&A status. He said, "it is a random lottery by the revenue department." So no rhyme or reason, just chance.

More RCCL inconsistency.

I don't believe it's random.

Like I stated earlier in the thread....I get at least one call for every cruise I've taken over the last 2 years.

Maybe because my last name begins with an "A"???

Like I stated earlier in the thread....I get at least one call for every cruise I've taken over the last 2 years.

That's interesting. We've never received a call. Same last name first letter.

How do you have your upgrade preference set?

That's interesting. We've never received a call. Same last name first letter.

How do you have your upgrade preference set?

No upgrades. I checked again after the last call.

I think they call people who book direct mostly....easier for Royal with no wait time.

Very odd as I've never received one in all my cruises. BTW, I miss Virginia Beach - I lived there for 16 years before retiring "back home." Now have to drive 50 miles to Dulles airport as opposed to 5 to Norfolk.:(

No upgrades. I checked again after the last call.

I think they call people who book direct mostly....easier for Royal with no wait time.

That could be, as we always book with a travel agent.

Our upgrade preference is set to call us first. I've always felt that puts us lower on the list than those who will take an automatic upgrade.

Very odd as I've never received one in all my cruises. BTW, I miss Virginia Beach - I lived there for 16 years before retiring "back home." Now have to drive 50 miles to Dulles airport as opposed to 5 to Norfolk.:(

My brother lives in Manassas

That could be, as we always book with a travel agent.

Our upgrade preference is set to call us first. I've always felt that puts us lower on the list than those who will take an automatic upgrade.

Automatic upgrade is Very Scary!!

What Royal may feel is an upgrade is probably very different than what we may feel.

Especially with all the new categories

Where online can you set your upgrade preference. Haven't looked at it in long time but can't seem to find it now on mycruises.

Has to be called in since the last website improvement.

We have a group of 13 going to Cuba on the Majesty this October. Two of the couples have been emailed for an upsell from an OV window on deck 7 to a JS for $500. One couple is a Gold member and the other has never cruised with RCCL. DH and I are Diamond members and have never been emailed or called for an upsell or an upgrade. All of these rooms were booked directly with RCI and all have "automatic" upgrades listed.

Just out of curiosity, I emailed C&A to inquire how they do their upsells and upgrades, and this is what I just received from RCI:

RE: Crown & Anchor Society Upgrades

Dear Sally:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the occurrence of an upgrade regardless of tier status. We regret any disappointment this may cause.

Should upgrades become available, we will modify your reservation based on the preferences listed under your membership profile. Kindly be aware that the Crown & Anchor Society will only e-mail you or your travel agent in the event of a reduced rate upgrade. Complimentary upgrades will be processed without guest or travel agent contact. Please ensure that your upgrade preferences have been updated and that your Crown & Anchor Society number is added to all of your future cruise vacations.

Please kindly note that all suites must be purchased at the full rate to receive an additional Cruise Point per night. Complimentary or reduced rate upgrades to a suite category stateroom do not qualify for additional points.

To ensure the proper upgrade is selected for you, we kindly ask that you contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723 for assistance with updating the preferences in your membership profile. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST; and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST.

For all-in-one access to any upcoming cruise reservations, “Countdown to Cruise” allows you to view many details about your cruise vacation and links you to online resources, such as Online Check-In and the Cruise Planner where you can browse shore excursions, specialty dining, drink packages, and much more as you iron out every detail to plan your perfect trip.

Sally, we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Diamond Crown & Anchor Society member, onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bumbalough

Crown & Anchor Society Customer Support

Our preference is set to do not upgrade. We got a call in May to upgrade from a JS to RFS on Radiance for $2,000. Passed on that since we wanted our aft JS 1100 for Alaska. We received an upgrade email for our September 2nd Oasis cruise. We have been added to the list but doubt we will get a call since suites have been sold out for months.

Preference setting seems to have no bearing at all.

The Crown and Anchor number...........what are the choices, how do they have it in their computers?

As I recall there was a No Upgrade Choice and then an Automatic Upgrade choice with a bunch of conditions you could check, the only one of which I can remember was same deck.

As I recall there was a No Upgrade Choice and then an Automatic Upgrade choice with a bunch of conditions you could check, the only one of which I can remember was same deck.

After looking at it closer, for our sailing in March there are only 3 cabins higher then the balcony cabin we all ready have.

2 Grand Suites and 1 Sky loft...........don't think it's worth messing with it for this cruise. Odds are against anyone getting an upgrade/upsell of anykind.