OBC workaround has been extended to all Azamara voyages!

BBMacLaird

No there is no VAT on them - the cruiser is purchasing a product being sold offshore by a US company - the original price is in dollars, the overseas guest (its not limited to the UK it applies to all cruisers booked through non USA providers) has to pay a conversion price for converting the dollar cost into the currency of their booking

Great, thanks. Being Canadian I totally get the currency exchange back and forth but didn't know if VAT would add to that even further.

I thought I’d be able to do it that way, but the ‘open in iBooks ‘ option didn’t come up, so I went the pdf into Pages route this time. Not sure whether that was an IOS or Azamara problem

Just go to the send button (little box with arrow coming out of it at top). If you click on that and scroll along you should get an option of ‘Save PDF to iBooks’

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just go to the send button (little box with arrow coming out of it at top). If you click on that and scroll along you should get an option of ‘Save PDF to iBooks’

Nope I dont! and for those that do, thats not an intuitive method needs explanation for users. Used to be a much easier dave to pdf interface, wish they had that back

Nope I dont! and for those that do, thats not an intuitive method needs explanation for users. Used to be a much easier dave to pdf interface, wish they had that back

Very strange. Can’t understand why I see ‘Save PDF TO iBooks’ and you don’t. Are you on an iPad?

See post 48 Mac

Ah, sorry, I missed that. On a Mac, once you have clicked on download e-brochure and have it open, if you go to the ‘File’ tab in Safari you should be able to click on ‘Export as PDF’ then be able to choose where you want to export it.

I agree, tho’, that it should be much easier than this.

Ah, sorry, I missed that. On a Mac, once you have clicked on download e-brochure and have it open, if you go to the ‘File’ tab in Safari you should be able to click on ‘Export as PDF’ then be able to choose where you want to export it.

I agree, tho’, that it should be much easier than this.

Just been trying on my Mac, if you hover the mouse over the bottom half of the displayed e-brochure a pop up box appears with a series of icons, one of which will download it to the downloads folder on the Mac. So in true Apple style, different ways of doing the same thing:D

For info - my Mac is running latest High Sierra software.

Apologies to all for the thread drift, still it makes a change from the continuing questions about the OBC workaround;p

I’m still having no joy nor did our IT guys yesterday (not the greatest benchmark though!). Anyway as the online brochure is so wrong and the £ is now way ahead I will wait and progress getting them to print the March/April brochures for me when I’m onboard at Christmas.

Thanks for all the suggestions though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do listen! See the sentence in red below...

"As of December 12th, 2018, there has been an update to the most recent OBC post regarding ticket price of rebooked tours:

We’re pleased to inform you that all guests sailing with Azamara (regardless of sail date) may use their Onboard Credit (OBC) by pre-booking our tours online, then simply cancelling and rebooking at the Shore Excursions desk.

This policy update applies to tours reserved through the call center, Voyage Planner or travel agents. All tours rebooked onboard will be refunded/charged the US ticket price at the time of pre-booking. Make sure to reserve your space and book your excursions early as space is limited."

It’s only a part fix though. The exchange risk to those who pre-book in a currency other than USD remains and it still seems a faff to me to board the ship and have to go to the shorex desk to cancel and book the tour again.

Phil

Yes hope there’s a UK reprice soon 1.21 to the £. I don’t think so!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Bonnie- if you could champion that our rebooking onboard was at the dollar price equivalent we booked at and not the onboard increased price I think it would make everyone a lot more accepting of the position.

I agree with this. I also would like to report that I was able to get the money in cash on the last day of the cruise. No long lines of waiting time for the refund.

We do listen! See the sentence in red below...

"As of December 12th, 2018, there has been an update to the most recent OBC post regarding ticket price of rebooked tours:

We’re pleased to inform you that all guests sailing with Azamara (regardless of sail date) may use their Onboard Credit (OBC) by pre-booking our tours online, then simply cancelling and rebooking at the Shore Excursions desk.

This policy update applies to tours reserved through the call center, Voyage Planner or travel agents. All tours rebooked onboard will be refunded/charged the US ticket price at the time of pre-booking. Make sure to reserve your space and book your excursions early as space is limited."

Thanks a lot Bonnie for passing this good news!

We have our first Azamara cruise Sept 21, 2018. It is the Iberian Passage that starts in Lisbon and ends in Barcelona. I've been following the OBC booking situation for almost a year. I have two questions. One for Bonnie and one for experienced Azamara cruisers.

For Bonnie: I'm following that the OBC workaround fix has been extended for 2018 and that's great. But is it still on the agenda to be able to book on line precruise and use the OBC or has this gone on the back burner due to the workaround?

For Experienced cruisers: I am approximately 9 months away from sailing. How long would you wait to book the excursions in the hopes that Azamara allows you to book on line in advance. Between early booking OBC, Suite OBC, and TA OBC I'm have over $3000 in OBC. So don't want to wait too long and the excursions are booked up. At the same time I hate to have to pre pay thousands of dollars and then get the refund. I'm really struggling with what I should do. All opinions appreciate but especially those who have sailed recently and dealt with this situation.

Thanks in advance

Brian