What would you choose

camper49

Ncl Epic or Carnival Breeze ?

Same date & itenary ....Ncl more $$$$$.

We have never cruises Ncl...Been on carnival many times.

Thanks!

Major money difference for me would be a NO for NCL unless you feel that the NCL experience would be superior to the Carnival one. Breeze is a great ship

Thanks!

Hi

Most times the way people choose a cruise is by looking at Itinerary, Price, and timing. So normally, if you felt everything else equal, you would choose the less expensive product.

So you have to decide if going on the Epic is worth paying more. First, let me ask, have you been on the Breeze? It's a great ship and if you have never been on it before, it would be different for you. After all, if all you want to do is go on a NCL cruise, you can do that any time. With research, I am sure you could find a cruise that would be more competitive price to a to Carnival, since NCL often has promotions that include all kinds of "freebies".

If it is more specific to this particular ship and this sailing. You would have to research the amenities of the ship to see if there are any particular items that attract you that are not available on the Breeze. Also you would want to understand any particular difference about sailing NCL vs CCL. One way to do this is to ask on the NCL threads, why those people prefer to sail NCL. Bottom line, the mainstream cruise lines are more similar than different.

Of course, try other cruise lines...as many as you can. Personally, I won't pay much more for something, just because it's different. You have to decide for yourself what's worth paying more for.

have a great cruise

Thanks!

camper49 - First, I will dispense with some disclaimers:

1. I have never sailed Carnival.
  2. My preferred cruise line has been Celebrity, but I'm always open to other options.
  3. My cruises are based on itinerary (first), time of year (second), and duration (third). I intentionally try to avoid cruises with significant numbers of children by avoiding holiday cruises and any cruises in the summer.

I have cruised twice on NCL Epic. Now, while I have booked both times in The Haven, I do make every effort to enjoy all parts of the ship where I can.

Since you have not stated any items about your likes when cruising or what is important to you about your cruise, it is hard to sell you on a cruise ship or cruise line you have never been on.

As you can see, there are many people on here that will give you all kinds of opinions that, for the most part, tell you NOTHING about why you should or should not choose one option over the other. I'm not sure why they waste there time to post the things that they do post. It is very telling about the value you should put in their opinions.

I'm happy to share any of my experiences and answer questions here or directly via email. Enjoy your cruise, whatever the choice is that you make.

Walter