Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Terry, that was a quick hospital visit. I can’t imagine going home that early although I had both knees done at the same time. I hope your rehabilitation continues going well.

Are short visits usual in America or are you very stoic?

Good Morning ... passing on news for The Cooler from Sophia! :)

The ship is lovely having been beautified rather than Musified. The suite makeover has resulted in less storage as in shelving but is manageable. Bathrooms remain untouched. Atlantide is much bigger and delightful with no problems getting a table at all. Hedi is restaurant manager and doing a superb job. Have been told the menu won’t rotate but we can also choose from the all round menu. Indochine is excellent but quite a limited menu, not too sure l like the ambience, to me it resembles a canteen. La T is a massive improvement and much better than the Muse in both lay out and decor. Arts cafe is nicer than on the Muse also and is very popular. Boutiques house mostly jewellery, very limited perfumes, some sunglasses and a few bits of clothing. No SS merchandise. Panorama is much better and similar to the Muse, bonus is they now have a professional DJ who is brilliant. The added canopy covering aft on deck 7,8 and 9 a big improvement along with heaters. Heaters have now also been installed along both sides of the pool deck and above the tables in front of the bar. Glass screens have also been installed on both sides which can be drawn down when it gets cold. The Humidor is slightly smaller to allow more space in Silver Note. Service has been superb and the crew are very proud of their new glamorous ship! HD is Henry with Moss as CD. Disappointing news from Moss.......the powers that be have stopped him doing his one man show wanting the CD’s to now ‘manage’ more than entertain and l believe this applies to all of them which is a damn shame and something l will highlight on the final survey!! The weather has been abysmal and today it’s very stormy. The ship is handling well although I’ve noticed she pitches more than before!! Capt tells us she ‘drives’ well and tootles along 1 knot faster than before!! All in all no complaints despite the bad weather! ��

Probably a bit controversial but I just have to say that the people of Ireland's decision in yesterday's referendum takes the country further from theocracy and right into a modern, forward-looking, inclusive nation.

I'm so proud of my countrymen this morning.

Greetings Coolers! Rain here today.

J...thanks for the update from Miss S. It sounds like she is enjoying the new Spirit!

TTS.....your countrymen/women did themselves proud!

Today's funny.....

33490032_1711280652252292_116657994728472576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHKhfqBwoI9Ie3JFORj0nLK_k0DQWnh6XmfDrBL-tJxhkcQ9rl6XUNpjYAtIHEcLub2RWNEXweMBor1_8_4mHtmo2Lgimf8-N8nXSySGMdmlQ&oh=64476444dc96391fdc926cf1e78bc00e&oe=5B8FC7BF

And I was watching the trailer for the new movie "Christopher Robin" last night and this line made me smile. Pooh said ""People say that nothing is impossible. I do nothing every day."

Have a great day all!

Terry, that was a quick hospital visit. I can’t imagine going home that early although I had both knees done at the same time. I hope your rehabilitation continues going well. Are short visits usual in America or are you very stoic?

Appreciate this great question and the kind follow-up from our friend in wonderful Australia. NO, I am not that "stoic" or special. With the advances in medicine and these newer surgery techniques, they like to get you moving, being mobile soon after the surgery. My surgery was at 7:30 am Wednesday, took about an hour, opening and closing quickly and efficiently to lessen any chances of infection, then the recovery room and in my hospital room by about 11 am. By later afternoon that first day, I was up and walking a little in the room. Then, the next morning, more walking and activity, etc. Home on Thursday at 3:30 pm.

WHY THE RUSH? Two main reasons. They get better results when you get the patient moving and recovering. Second, hospitals have lots of germs, people, challenges, etc. Getting the patient out of of that "environment" and being somewhere with less risks, etc, has its advantages. Not saying all knee replacements are done in this manner, but for most patients who are reasonably healthy, today's preferred pattern is to not spend too much time in the hospital and getting people doing PT, etc., more quickly. Hope this helps from what I understand. Soon the PT person from the hospital will be here at our home and I will continue the progress of recovery.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 56,227 views for these postings.

Terry,

I wish you (and all) a speedy recovery.

As I'll be disembarking the Cloud in Cape Town next March after her 'Cape to Cape' from Ushuaia, I'd like take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your efforts in posting this thread -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

I'm in the process of planning what to do in Africa. The thread has been 'invaluable' (even if I probably won't be staying at any Belmond camps). ;)

Thanks!

:D

Good Morning All,

M .... I never do that I promise!

Today’s Clarkson for you .....

Puffins or seals? Easy: let’s get clubbing the Labrador-faced swimming machines

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-clarkson-puffins-or-seals-easy-lets-get-clubbing-the-labrador-faced-swimming-machines-q5p6r9c6l?shareToken=20347252fc563f9cd58872a006902e65

Ha Ha J! I haven't yet done it. However, if I am opening the second bottle of goodness to imbibe...all bets are off! :)

Thanks for the article link! His thought processes are fascinating! :) He manages to connect dots that are oceans away from one another. Quite the feat!

You are most welcome M! I think the problem is that as with many highly intelligent people his boredom threshold is so low that he routinely breaks boredom by behaving often like a buffoon which many do not see through. As you say, he is a thoughtful intelligent thinker and journalist - not always hitting the mark - but has a way of poking fun at the inconsistencies in society and ourselves.

This article might be of interest as it is certainly one of my vey big hobby-horses in that the way that big Pharma has conspired with the health profession to medicate well-populations and people. I think our ignorance and superstitious nature are exploited. The combined effect is that we ie whole populations as well as us as individuals have become crops to be exploited and harvested. I for one feel a lot better since stopping several medications. Anxiety has also greatly reduced and I am certain some side-effects have disappeared.

I believe that when we look back with greater wisdom and knowledge from a position of better future and more independat research we will view this period as a scandal that may well have harmed many more than it saved....... :)

Stop taking the tablets

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/review-too-many-pills-how-too-much-medicine-is-endangering-our-health-and-what-we-can-do-about-it-by-james-le-fanu-stop-taking-the-tablets-lf05jf70v?shareToken=c660e2e54880f07b50c0d146c6bc580a

Yes, that article is extremely disturbing! I have to say that I tend to side with the book author. It's great that reducing your meds has had a powerful positive effect on how you feel! When pharma care for patients is being driven by the bottom line for drug companies it is distressing to say the least.

These three programs should be as mandatory to watch as a lifeboat drill is to attend -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b096sjbs/episodes/guide

Not currently available on iPlayer, but there're always torrents (not that I would ever council anyone to do anything illegal ;)).

Edited by Bill B
I not spell drill right :)

Omg. Some cobbler got a little crazy.

It's raining here for a change.

Ground is super saturated.

Alberto's outer bands!

Here in the USA it's Memorial Day. Thanks to all vets for their service. And we also remember with reverence, those who paid the ultimate price for their love of country.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning, Hi Spins, raining here again too...…….:eek:

And yes, thanks to all who have made the ultimate sacrifice and best wishes to their families.

We are off work today and nothing planned here...…..watch tv, laundry, etc.....

Hi coolers, from the air on our way home. Had an awesome time though we were pretty tired.

Frankfurt was a lot of fun! Lots to see and do, and plenty of yummy food. Hotel was great as well.

Landing in about 2h, then the drive home before working tomorrow. Hope the traffic isn't too horrible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Terry, I wish you (and all) a speedy recovery. As I'll be disembarking the Cloud in Cape Town next March after her 'Cape to Cape' from Ushuaia, I'd like take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your efforts in posting this thread -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

I'm in the process of planning what to do in Africa. The thread has been 'invaluable' (even if I probably won't be staying at any Belmond camps). Thanks!

:D

Glad that J.P. and Chris are soon to arrive back safely from fun in Frankfurt. Appreciate the kind recovery wishes/comments from Bill B. YES, the healing and rehab for my knee are going fairly well just five days after the total joint replacement surgery. Am doing my PT, being a good patient, keep pain under control, somewhat being kind of good, maybe, etc.

Regarding Bill B's upcoming South Africa adventure, let me know any questions, info needs, etc. Happy to share more!! Understand that Belmond Camps do not work out for everyone, but there are many options for Botswana. Is that where you will head after the Cloud arrives in Cape Town?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358