Royal Cancelled My Fully Paid Cruise Reservation

So late Saturday evening I received an email from Royal Caribbean advising me that because my cruise reservation has been canceled the items in my cruise planner have been cancelled, and goes on to list my show reservations, dining reservations, ifly and Northstar reservations - all cancelled! The problem is, we never cancelled our cruise reservation! This is for my family's Spring Break cruise next month. We fully paid for the cruise back in December.

Needless to say my wife and I are distraught. We couldn't get hold of our travel agent or Royal Caribbean last night. This morning we contacted our travel agent, who has been very helpful and explained that somehow Royal Caribbean messed up and cancelled our reservation. They are working with Royal to fix the problem. Apparently, though, we can't receive any confirmation from Royal Caribbean until their Revenue Department opens on Monday.

I've also been in contact with Royal Caribbean who assured me they are trying to resolve the issue but, essentially, it will have to wait until Monday. Odd that Royal can cancel a cruise late Saturday night but can't fix their mistake until Monday when their Revenue Department is open. Perhaps their Cancellation Department and Revenue Department should work the same hours.

My concern is that while I wait until Monday, Royal could sell our cabin in the meantime for what is already a sold out cruise (because of course they do take bookings over the weekend). Strange thing is that they didn't cancel our cruise reservation for the adjoining cabin where our kids are staying. God only knows how we will get our show reservations, dining reservations etc back on track if we are able to get our cabin back. A total disaster!

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is terrible I hope you get it sorted and some compensation too.

We just got off the vision in Dubai where we booked and paid for afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab on cruise planner several months before. On the first day we had a note in the cabin saying tour was cancelled. We rushed down to shore excursions as this was the main reason we booked as we had done this cruise twice previously but not Burn Al Arab.

The first girl more or less said tough because only 2 couples had booked so it was cancelled and money put onto my onboard account. I spoke to the manager who said they hadn't sold this tour for months so we said why did you not email us so we could book it direct.

She contacted Burj Al arab and booked the sky bar as our reservation was for just a lounge.

We had to get a taxi there and back and paid a lot more but we were happy because the sky bar in Burj Al Arab was fantastic.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

So late Saturday evening I received an email from Royal Caribbean advising me that because my cruise reservation has been canceled the items in my cruise planner have been cancelled, and goes on to list my show reservations, dining reservations, ifly and Northstar reservations - all cancelled! The problem is, we never cancelled our cruise reservation! This is for my family's Spring Break cruise next month. We fully paid for the cruise back in December.

Needless to say my wife and I are distraught. We couldn't get hold of our travel agent or Royal Caribbean last night. This morning we contacted our travel agent, who has been very helpful and explained that somehow Royal Caribbean messed up and cancelled our reservation. They are working with Royal to fix the problem. Apparently, though, we can't receive any confirmation from Royal Caribbean until their Revenue Department opens on Monday.

I've also been in contact with Royal Caribbean who assured me they are trying to resolve the issue but, essentially, it will have to wait until Monday. Odd that Royal can cancel a cruise late Saturday night but can't fix their mistake until Monday when their Revenue Department is open. Perhaps their Cancellation Department and Revenue Department should work the same hours.

My concern is that while I wait until Monday, Royal could sell our cabin in the meantime for what is already a sold out cruise (because of course they do take bookings over the weekend). Strange thing is that they didn't cancel our cruise reservation for the adjoining cabin where our kids are staying. God only knows how we will get our show reservations, dining reservations etc back on track if we are able to get our cabin back. A total disaster!

I hope for your sake you have PRINTED copies of everything. Always keep printed copies for my records until cruise is over. Have needed them in the past. Best wishes for a proper resolution.

The upgrade may be a possibility. I had somewhat the same situation last month. I booked adjoining balcony rooms all confirmed with paperwork in hand. The next day I went into my reservation and notice that one of rooms had been changed to another deck.

I was freaking out and pissed all at the same time. I called Royal and pleaded my case. The rep was very receptive and indicated that he didn't know what happened but the adjoining room was already taken. So he indicated that a upgrade was very likely but they had to go through my TA.

So I contacted her and she flipped out just the same and contact Royal. After a bunch of haggling and saying no to some of their alternate ideas they realized what they had done. They had inadvertently booked 3 rooms for us and gave me the wrong confirmation #.

So I still had our original booking but if it wasn't, Royal was leaning to upgrade. And for all the troubles I ended up getting free grats. I don't know if it was the TA or RC that gave it to us but we don't care!

Good luck and I'm sure it will work out to your benefit!

This happened to us back in November 2015. My travel agent was very limited in what the 'travel agent' channel could do. I personally contacted Vicki Freed, VP of Sales and Marketing.....and someone from her department contacted me.....it took them days to resolve it.

Vicki Freed's email address is:vfreed@rccl.com.

I would send an email NOW to Vicki Freed and copy your travel agent. Put every detail you have including RESERVATION number, complete names, cabin number, including the fact that you have another cabin booked for your kids that was NOT cancelled. The fear you have is REAL about the reassignment of your cabin to another booking (because as you say, they take reservations all the time).

Send the email NOW. Alert them to the fact that your fear is that someone will book the cabin you HAD ON YOUR RESERVATION. They can take the cabin out of inventory, while they fix the rest.

All the other items like reservations, they will be able to fix as well.

Good luck.

If you go online is the cabin showing as available? I would book it and have them refund you tomorrow just to be sure!

Did you book connecting cabins or just adjoining? Are your kids old enough to be alone if you're upgraded to another cabin?

If you go online is the cabin showing as available? I would book it and have them refund you tomorrow just to be sure!

Did you book connecting cabins or just adjoining? Are your kids old enough to be alone if you're upgraded to another cabin?

You don't need to book it, your TA should be able to hold it for 24hrs.

. Odd that Royal can cancel a cruise late Saturday night but can't fix their mistake until Monday when their Revenue Department is open.

Lots of things, including cancellations, probably happen based on some web developer's programming and is automated. To fix that screw up, it takes a real person, who only works weekdays as you found out.

Key word, OBC.

I just booked a cruise for March on the Regal Princess through *************. I happened to check my credit card on line and noticed that they charged me for two balcony cabins. When checking the Princess website, they had me with two reservations with both me and my husband in both rooms. I called the travel agency and they blamed it in a computer glitch. I did get reimbursed.

Yes, I unfortunately had this happen to me in 2014 for my Oasis sailing. I authorized my TA to make the final payment using my credit card 3 weeks in advance of the final payment deadline. I'm not sure whose fault it ultimately was. RCI claimed it was their reservation system, and we all know how unreliable their systems are...but I also can't help but wonder if the TA simply forgot to submit my final payment and RCI was letting the TA save face. I didn't know what to expect when working with this TA (first, and last time) so I didn't know when my credit card was going to be charged.

It took a few weeks to get sorted out between the TA, RCI's Group Bookings department, and RCI's Resolutions department. I was given a stateroom upgrade (inside to oceanview) and OBC as compensation. Not everything could be recovered as-was in terms of entertainment bookings and such (I had to re-book and re-purchase add-ons myself), but it all worked out in the end with my family being able to secure alternate bookings and otherwise being compensated for costs that had since risen, etc. Things were so broken that they couldn't even recover the original reservation and I received a new booking ID. This ordeal required me to be a much more active and vocal advocate than I thought I should have had to be (it was taking so long that I perceived the need to keep the pressure on).

It worked out in the end and we had a great vacation, though. Good luck with your situation and I hope you get compensated appropriately.

That is terrible I hope you get it sorted and some compensation too.

We just got off the vision in Dubai where we booked and paid for afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab on cruise planner several months before. On the first day we had a note in the cabin saying tour was cancelled. We rushed down to shore excursions as this was the main reason we booked as we had done this cruise twice previously but not Burn Al Arab.

The first girl more or less said tough because only 2 couples had booked so it was cancelled and money put onto my onboard account. I spoke to the manager who said they hadn't sold this tour for months so we said why did you not email us so we could book it direct.

She contacted Burj Al arab and booked the sky bar as our reservation was for just a lounge.

We had to get a taxi there and back and paid a lot more but we were happy because the sky bar in Burj Al Arab was fantastic.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Glad to hear it worked out for you - I'm hoping that I am similarly satisfied at the end of this ordeal!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The upgrade may be a possibility. I had somewhat the same situation last month. I booked adjoining balcony rooms all confirmed with paperwork in hand. The next day I went into my reservation and notice that one of rooms had been changed to another deck.

I was freaking out and pissed all at the same time. I called Royal and pleaded my case. The rep was very receptive and indicated that he didn't know what happened but the adjoining room was already taken. So he indicated that a upgrade was very likely but they had to go through my TA.

So I contacted her and she flipped out just the same and contact Royal. After a bunch of haggling and saying no to some of their alternate ideas they realized what they had done. They had inadvertently booked 3 rooms for us and gave me the wrong confirmation #.

So I still had our original booking but if it wasn't, Royal was leaning to upgrade. And for all the troubles I ended up getting free grats. I don't know if it was the TA or RC that gave it to us but we don't care!

Good luck and I'm sure it will work out to your benefit!

Thanks - your experience gives me hope that Royal will fix this.

This happened to us back in November 2015. My travel agent was very limited in what the 'travel agent' channel could do. I personally contacted Vicki Freed, VP of Sales and Marketing.....and someone from her department contacted me.....it took them days to resolve it.

Vicki Freed's email address is:vfreed@rccl.com.

I would send an email NOW to Vicki Freed and copy your travel agent. Put every detail you have including RESERVATION number, complete names, cabin number, including the fact that you have another cabin booked for your kids that was NOT cancelled. The fear you have is REAL about the reassignment of your cabin to another booking (because as you say, they take reservations all the time).

Send the email NOW. Alert them to the fact that your fear is that someone will book the cabin you HAD ON YOUR RESERVATION. They can take the cabin out of inventory, while they fix the rest.

All the other items like reservations, they will be able to fix as well.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip - I will try sending her an email - it can't hurt to have lots of people trying to work on my problem.

I haven't had a chance yet to look if the cabin is available - it was a sold out sailing.

Kids are 16,14 and 12 - so would prefer the comfort of having a connecting stateroom.