Diamond Drinks Usable in Main Dining Room....Fleetwide?

Pstreet12

I just spoke to the Diamond+ rep. and he said the drinks loaded on the sea pass are good in the main dining room and specialty restaurants fleetwide. Because it's Royal, and as we all know "circumstances alter cases," I'm wondering what experience people have had in the last few months (because that's when the policy changed).

We've had two sailings on Oasis class since August, and we were able to use the preloaded drinks in the MDR. We have a cruise on Navigator scheduled, and I'd like to know, specifically, if anyone has experienced Navigator in the last few months.

I was able to use them in the MDR on Oasis. The C and A letter in the stateroom indicated that was the case. That being said, I was charged on night one, but Maitre D caught the error and apologized. On night 2 I brought the letter with me just to be sure.

Just off Anthem and you could not use your complimentary 3 drinks per night (5:00pm-8:30pm) in any of the restaurants and that certainly was true in the MDR/MTD. You would need to get your drinks elsewhere and bring them with you.

We have recently been on other RCI ships and this seems to vary...so best to ask once onboard...best not to "assume" anything is fleetwide.

We also have this statement from Royal:

"Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship." Obviously, "venues throughout the ship" can be read to mean "selected venues," or "all venues throughout the ship."

In addition, we know Royal is looking at consumption in the Diamond Lounge:

Onboard Majesty of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Blog reader Nick Vitani shared this photo of a notice given to guests who are at least Diamond level in Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society. The note advises guests that a pilot program is in effect, where guests that go to the Viking Crown Lounge for their complimentary Diamond beverages will be required to swipe their SeaPass card.

There is no charge for these drinks, but the note states the test is, "to better understand the level of service we are providing during the nightly Diamond event."

I think we knew that it is on all Oasis class ships.

Anthem is a NO. (Quantum Class)

Explorer is a YES (Voyager Class)

Jewell is a Maybe (Radiance Class)

Majesty is a YES (Soverign Class)

We were told no on Majesty about 2 weeks ago. Consistency is always an issue on the ships.

Our fall 2016 Explorer cruise and were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR. Our 2017 spring B2B cruise on the Jewel we were able to use our drink vouchers in the MDR on the first leg but not on the second leg. :confused:

So odd, I wonder if some senior officer changed between cruises, like the HD or Restaurant Manager.

Doesn't allowing the vouchers to be used in the MDR kind of defeat the purpose of them which was for them to be used in other bars to alleviate crowding in the lounges during those hours??

They are probably getting ready to announce that Diamond level won't have access to the lounges anymore.;p

So where do we go? Or don't we? Next RC cruise for us is on the Freedom in January.

The drink vouchers can be used at any bar. The only question is whether they can also be used in restaurants, which seems to vary ship to ship.