Downgraded Suite (UPDATE: RESOLUTION)

amscene1

Everyone who read my other thread about what the horrible resolution team at Royal Caribbean put me through can now breath easy.

After hours on the phone with 3 different reps from the corporate office. Countless emails and suspense I was ready to accept the fate of a JR suite.....UNTIL!

I logged on this morning and..........CROWN LOFT SUITE assigned!!!!!!!

Super excited about the cruise and honeymoon.

Be persistent and fight for what’s yours.

I just want to let everyone know that I am still deeply upset at Royal Caribbean, their shady bait and switch tactic will go down in my book as a petty immature move and I do not forgive you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice upgrade but I thought you had originally booked an accessible cabin because of a wheelchair? Bedroom is on second floor. Sofabed on first floor.

One level is for sleeping and the other one is for relaxing. I’ll have to use the elevator down the hall. Luckily we can enter on either level.

One level is for sleeping and the other one is for relaxing. I’ll have to use the elevator down the hall. Luckily we can enter on either level.

I don't remember which ship you said you were on, but Just to be clear, on Oasis Class, there is only an elevator in the Accessible Crown Loft. So is that what you are talking about? Sounds like you're saying there are 2 entries to CL, one on a lower deck, one on an upper deck. This is incorrect. There is only one entry and that is to the lower level. The bedroom is upstairs. However there is one accessible CL with an elevator. Is that the cabin you have?

Edited by papaflamingo

You cannot enter from both levels. It is one access only.

That’s not what I thought. Worst case my wife will help me up and down the stairs. Positive vibes. On that note, I will report back after the cruise.

Thanks everyone for joining me on this Royal Screw up!

So long!

That’s not what I thought. Worst case my wife will help me up and down the stairs. Positive vibes. On that note, I will report back after the cruise.

Thanks everyone for joining me on this Royal Screw up!

So long!

Take a look at the deck plans. Corridors and elevators shown on deck 17. Nothing on 18.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1840/18

What is your new cabin number? There is an accessible crown loft that has an elevator in it, I road in it on a cabin crawl last week. There is only access from the corridor on deck 17 so you will not be able to go down the hall to an elevator and access the upper level.

Guys, stop attacking the OP. He said so long so OP don’t respond. He’s on his honeymoon. Have a great trip and make the best of it. I’m sure I’ll see you onboard as I am in a suite as well!

Cheers

No one is attacking the OP. The OP clearly did not know the layout of a CLS and being in a wheelchair limits access to one level unless they have the accessible CLS. The accessible CLS has a small elevator in the suite and accessible bathrooms plus easy rollout to the balcony. The couple that had that cabin on our cruise last week loved it.

No one is attacking the OP. The OP clearly did not know the layout of a CLS and being in a wheelchair limits access to one level unless they have the accessible CLS. The accessible CLS has a small elevator in the suite and accessible bathrooms plus easy rollout to the balcony. The couple that had that cabin on our cruise last week loved it.
Seriously doubt they got that one so close to sailing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Guys, stop attacking the OP. He said so long so OP don’t respond. He’s on his honeymoon. Have a great trip and make the best of it. I’m sure I’ll see you onboard as I am in a suite as well!

Cheers

People were only pointing out what they knew to be fact so the OP isn't shocked when they enter the beautiful CL to find that there's no way to get up the stairs. All the posts seemed to be only in haste to make sure they knew what they were getting into before boarding today. They already seem to "hate" Royal Caribbean, this won't help.

Nice that the OP got a huge upgrade; I hope they can enjoy it. With a accessibility issues, they’d probably be better of in a GS than a CL.

The original thread will cause me to save a screen shot of any nice gty assignment I receive in the future. I have never done so in the past, but I will now.

Beyond that it is interesting to contemplate how these things might work for a company in the Internet age. Cruise lines face the sort of issue hotels and restaurants have faced on Yelp for years now. Not to say it happened this time, but hypothetically somebody (let’s call him Joe) could see a suite guarantee rate (W) offered when only one suite (say a GS) is available. Thinking with only one suite left that will GS will be his(the perceived bait), Joe could book the W, and instantly begin to think of that GS as his. Then, the cruiseline upsells that GS to another cruiser in a JS and Joe is assigned a JS (the perceived switch). Joe feels so angry at perceived bait and switch, that he decides to call and complain. Joe even claims GS was assigned to him then taken away; it should have been!; how can they prove it wasn’t! Joe dares the cruise line to call him a liar; he tells the company he will post all over social media if they do not relent. The company finds nothing in their records to indicate the GS cabin was assigned and tries to placate Joe. But Joe persists and posts to social media, creating bad PR. Company finally gives a big upgrade, hoping that will silence the issue. Of course, now the company faces a new problem: social media sites now learn that, even absent proof, if one claims an upgraded cabin was assigned then removed from their gty booking, people can take to social media to try to shame the company into giving a nice upgrade.

Good Luck with the CL. My opinion, RCCL gave you the upgrade as a joke...literally. I highly doubt you have an accessible CL as those are sold out basically as soon as they are made available. You won't be able to get to the second floor without help every night so you will be stuck on an uncomfortable sofa bed with a stand up shower instead of the nice three shower head bath upstairs. I honestly don't mean any disrespect although it's hard to not come off that way. You threw a hissy fit and this is what you got. GL

Good Luck with the CL. My opinion, RCCL gave you the upgrade as a joke...literally. I highly doubt you have an accessible CL as those are sold out basically as soon as they are made available. You won't be able to get to the second floor without help every night so you will be stuck on an uncomfortable sofa bed with a stand up shower instead of the nice three shower head bath upstairs. I honestly don't mean any disrespect although it's hard to not come off that way. You threw a hissy fit and this is what you got. GL

I fail to understand how you think RCCL gave them the CL as a joke, even if they can't get to the second floor it's still a beautiful cabin to have. I'm sure 99 % of the people can get by without ever going to the second floor. I'm sure I could.

Jimbo:)

Want a nasty bunch of people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you seen the original thread? It was like pulling teeth to get the actual facts out of the OP, who then failed to acknowledge that what they booked was a gty and while RCI changed the cabin on them, it was within RCI's right to do so. The OP only answered the questions they wanted to and made it difficult to get the real story out for most of the thread.

The OP just doesn’t seem to get it. Kept calling it bait and switch which it isn’t and shouldn’t be surprised when you book a guaranteed cabin. But I hope they have a good cruise