A little rant about Celebrity's communications department

LilRhody

I am registered on Celebrity's web site and do all the bookings for hubby and me. I keep getting emails about our upcoming cruise - addressed to my husband! Talk about sexist. I am the registered user, I am listed as the primary person on our reservations, yet everything gets addressed to him.

I am registered on Celebrity's web site and do all the bookings for hubby and me. I keep getting emails about our upcoming cruise - addressed to my husband! Talk about sexist. I am the registered user, I am listed as the primary person on our reservations, yet everything gets addressed to him.

This is funny! It is also happening to me, I am the one that is registered and I book the cruises, yet DW gets all of the E-mail correspondence.

Hypo

Well, I'm the one who got us signed up on Captains Club, I use my Chargecard for the cruises, and am listed 'first' on the cruise paperwork because I fill it out all, but my wife gets the Captains Club Newsletter and other documents.

Who can figure it out? They probably know she's the one who says, 'boy, this looks like a good cruise!' and sends me off to do the grunt work.

Not complaining, I'll have you know, but it isn't because of the 'Mr' or 'Ms/Mrs' designations or anything such as that. I think they just can tell intuitively who the one is that should get the ads, at least in our case!

Denny, the Grunt.

Karen, the 'Decider'

I get all the communications from X, not DH. Perhaps your Captain's Club # is higher and they go in order?

This has been happening to me of and on during my married life 25+ years( Even though I used my maiden name professionally several years, many companies are very traditional).....at first I cared...now I don't......what I like best is getting things addressed to Mr....with my first name which is obviously femine.....just request that they put you as the primary contact....or use your credit card. Computers do most of the the deciding today don't take it personal.

Wait tell your kids are in college and you are paying their tuition and if you have a tuition question you must have your child's okay to ask it, now that really ticks me off..............

I called X and made our current booking. I'm not sure whose credit card I for the deposit, but I made final payment with my credit card and listed DH's credit card when doing the on-line checkin. I am getting all the e-mails, etc. addressed to me. They even sent an invitation to join the "new" Captain's Club to me alone. We were both already members of Captain's Club, so I ignored it and received an apology e-mail the next day. The problem I have had with handling the booking in my name is that when I went to do on-line checkin, I was listed as a Mr. and DH was a Mrs. It could not be changed on line, nor would the system accept our information until it was changed. Since I had transferred the booking to a TA, she had to do the sex-change operation for us. She said in all of her years as a TA, she had never had that problem occur before.

It's not just Celebrity. When we sailed Carnival last April on the Not-So-Mexican Swine Flu Cruise with Cruise Critic, a future cruise discount was sent to us. I booked the cruise, paid for it, did all the paperwork, etc. yet when they send the discount letter, it came to my husband. The airlines are the same, too. When Delta sends a notificiation about a problem with a flight our daugther always gets a cell phone notification call. We never do for our flight issues and we pay for her flights. We fly far more often and are in one of their upper frequent flier categories. Who can figure these things out!

As long as I get our documents with our names on them correctly I don't even look at whose name is on the envelope anymore :). As long as I can get on the ship, I'm happy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of programming. There is a reason, and from the looks of the replies, it is not dependent on your sex, but something else. They probably have a ticked off meter on their website to determine who all the emails go to.

If you go to My Celebrity, log in, then go to Communications Preferences, that might work. They may lock in an email once you fill out the paperwork for the cruise.

My guess is customer service wouldn't be able to help you although you never know. If you take the attitude of who can I contact that will help (as nice as you can) you might get to someone who can.

And I agree, "he" is serious!:D (that was a funny joke)

You guys are lucky i get no emails at all i have booked the Eclipse out of Southampton in 2010 plus i cruised the med in 2008.i,m sure i registerd when booking ??? Grumphy

I can relate to this: I joined the Captain's Club back when you had to pay for it; and BEFORE I was married.

Somehow, after we were married, as far as Celebrity was concerned, I ceased to exist. Interestingly, after several cruises, my HUSBAND received an e-mail advising he had reached "Elite" status, but I only had

"Select" status. What??????? Needless to say, I'd been on more Celebrity cruises than my husband, since I had enrolled him after our

marriage

To say I went ballistic would be an understatement! I understand the archaic "man before wife" "thing" but, not in this day and age.

After contacting Celebrity and "killing the messenger", I finally got it straightened out. (I would not have wanted to be on the other end of that phone conversation.) But, Chandris/Celebrity be darned, it is time to come to this day and age. Keep your records straight and give credit where credit is due. "I" am an entity unto myself. I am not an appendage to the man I married. 'Nuf said". What say you?

In the same vein, when I cruised to Alaska with my sister, our "personalized" stationery had me as "Mrs. Linda" and her as "Mr. Beth." Huh? Next cruise we didn't get the "personalized" stationery we were supposed to, which is probably just as well, given how well they personalize it. Will be fun to see what happens on the next cruise.

Ya gotta kinda love people who are this incompetent--after all, they have true and correct names on the bookings because of security and passports and all that.

Archived