New Elite Lounge

travelingmom37

Loved the cocktail time,internet(just to check e-mail) and laundry. Really makes packing easier, we sent underclothes,shorts and tops, they came back folded. I always take formal shirts to be pressed and have his tux cleaned with the coupons.

This will be our 1st Celebrity cruise so please forgive what is probably a silly question. Can you tell me if access to this lounge is also for suite guests or is it just for those who have rightly earned it through their elite status?

Thanks so much and we are so excited to be going on Celebrity!!

Hmmm.....your mileage may vary;)....honestly? I have been on sailings

where both had access and on other cruises only Elite members were

allowed in.....

Hmmm.....your mileage may vary;)....honestly? I have been on sailings

where both had access and on other cruises only Elite members were

allowed in.....

Thanks, Lois. Obviously, Elite members should be the first allowed in and I'm sure it depends on how many are on that particular cruise. Guess we'll find out when we get there ~ either way will be fine I'm sure. Thanks again!

It is separate from your Seapass card. I don't have mine if front of

me but I do know I received one. It has "Elite" printed on it along with

"Entrance to Michael's Club" or something of that nature...it might not

be those exact words but it is to let them know you get the free

stuff:)

When we were on Century in December 2009 we got the separate card, but on Solstice in January 2010 we did not. Instead it was printed on our Seapass card. I was told they changed it fleetwide. Either way, its a great perk.

On the drink menu, I usually had a cosmo or mimosa, but near the end of the cruise I discovered the Michael Angelo. If you like fruity drinks, try it. And, don't miss the smoothies in the morning. I didn't find out about them until the last few days.

• 2 months later...

Does it tend to be the same servers for the entire cruise?

We just did a RCCL trip and enjoyed the Diamond event each night. There were two servers who took very good care of us all 10 days -- we tipped them each on the last night. There was no need for cards - they knew who we where and welcomed us by name each evening. We really enjoyed it.

Does it tend to be the same servers for the entire cruise?

Yes, you will have the same servers in the Elite Lounge every day. We met a wonderful server, Roxanne from Trinadad & Tobago. She was one of the best servers we've ever met on a Celebrity ship and that's saying a lot.

We have 9 cruise credits with Celebrity. So wonder if we will get elite benefits when we cruise again with them, or will that become effect after our 10th cruise? Anyone know? Just curious.

I wonder how long before the Elite lounge gets so overcrowded it becomes a worthless perk? Same thing happened on Royal Caribbean when they were forced to limit Concierge Lounge access to Diamond Plus/suite passengers only. I'm surprised Celebrity hasn't established a loyalty level higher than Elite by now.

We have 9 cruise credits with Celebrity. So wonder if we will get elite benefits when we cruise again with them, or will that become effect after our 10th cruise? Anyone know? Just curious.

You don't become Elite until you have ten credits already completed.

I wonder how long before the Elite lounge gets so overcrowded it becomes a worthless perk? Same thing happened on Royal Caribbean when they were forced to limit Concierge Lounge access to Diamond Plus/suite passengers only. I'm surprised Celebrity hasn't established a loyalty level higher than Elite by now.

Based on the crowd during our cruise, it will be a long time before it gets too crowded. I think the 4-6 time frame will tend to keep the crowds down.

Yes, you will have the same servers in the Elite Lounge every day. We met a wonderful server, Roxanne from Trinadad & Tobago. She was one of the best servers we've ever met on a Celebrity ship and that's saying a lot.

CrusingChick, We're on Connie doing the same itinerary a month after you. I hope we get a report back on the ship and the ports when you get back.

Just had to add that we recently experienced "Diamond" status on RCL (Mariner of the Sea's) There was a lounge for us every night and Wine was gratis. Other drinks including 25% discount. Included my peligino >

It's great that X finally woke up... we really enjoyed the lounge on the Merc last fall.

RCL did have a special area for Breakfast in the main dining room for Diamond and Diamond plus. No big deal just a bit quicker service and you sat with long time cruisers/ or not. Small table were available :)

Guest maddycat
Can you get a frozen drink as a perk in Michael's club or just mixed drinks and wine?

No frozen drinks, but just about anything else........mixed drinks, wine, beer, and soda.

Based on the crowd during our cruise, it will be a long time before it gets too crowded. I think the 4-6 time frame will tend to keep the crowds down.

Since we always have late dinner seating, 6-8 would work much better for us.

You don't become Elite until you have ten credits already completed.

Are you sure? I believe that after your 9th credit you are Elite. I had a conversation with a Captains Club Rep about a month ago about my credts and I had the impression that the cruise after my 9th credit would be elite.

This would not be the first time that different information is provided to questions. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Are you sure? I believe that after your 9th credit you are Elite. I had a conversation with a Captains Club Rep about a month ago about my credts and I had the impression that the cruise after my 9th credit would be elite.

This would not be the first time that different information is provided to questions. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

From the Celebrity website under Captain's Club:

elite_thumb.jpg dotted_line.gifspacer.gifElite Member Benefits*

Our Elite members know that loyalty yields great rewards. In addition to receiving all Classic & Select benefits (with the exception of internet and laundry services), our Elite members enjoy a variety of outstanding additional benefits as well.

Can you tell me if access to this lounge is also for suite guests or is it just for those who have rightly earned it through their elite status?

They also invite the high end suite guests - Celebrity, Royal & Penthouse. Sky suite guests are not invited.

Archived