New Elite Lounge

travelingmom37

We will be on the Millie next month and are curious about the new Elite Members lounge at Michaels Club.

At breakfast, is it the standard coffee or the great brews from the Cova Cafe? Can you just have the better coffees delivered to your room as part of this perk?? In the past, I have brought on my own coffee and Melita one cup ( non- electric) on board and ordered hot water.

What foods are served morning and afternoon?

What beverages are included in the evening "social hour". Martinis??

Is it appropriate to bring our 12 and 16 year old kids to the social hour?

Sorry to sound so greedy, but we have waited a long time for some real Captain's Club perks and good coffee and morning pasteries are my weakness.

My parents just returned from 14 day cruise on Constellation. They LOVED the Michael's Elite Club. Ate there every morning for breakfast. They have the fresh squeezed juices and cappuccinos were included for free. They said they spent every evening in there for two hours drinking their Cosmopolitans and Martinis while meeting new people. I have one more cruise until I'm elite and after talking to them I can't wait. I asked them whether our 11 year old would be welcomed and they said, "of course." They said no children were evident on their recent cruise but were positive that they were welcome to the amenities. My parents have been on probably 50+ Celebrity Cruises and they are definitely treated as "High rollers" when they go. They were even allowed to let a couple traveling with them take advantage of the elite club, but that could be something just for them. I tell them that when I cruise with them I am treated differently than when just my family goes alone. They don't believe me but it is true.

We will be on the Millie next month and are curious about the new Elite Members lounge at Michaels Club.

At breakfast, is it the standard coffee or the great brews from the Cova Cafe? Can you just have the better coffees delivered to your room as part of this perk?? In the past, I have brought on my own coffee and Melita one cup ( non- electric) on board and ordered hot water.

What foods are served morning and afternoon?

What beverages are included in the evening "social hour". Martinis??

Is it appropriate to bring our 12 and 16 year old kids to the social hour?

Sorry to sound so greedy, but we have waited a long time for some real Captain's Club perks and good coffee and morning pasteries are my weakness.

Hi:)...I have sailed 3 times since the new perks were implemented and everything is quite nice:)

Mornings....all sorts of pastries and bagels with the fixings...lox and cream cheese...fresh fruit, yogarts and we had yogart parfaits last month on SUMMIT

and they were delicious. And fresh juices and cereals too. They had coffees..lattes, cappuchino's, etc...along with teas as well.

As for delivering these items to your cabin? I don't know because I have not done it but I believe the set up is for eating there only.

Sounds like you are asking about room service? I don't believe the perk is set up for room service.

Afternoons? I know over the past few months the drink menus have

been posted on here a few times (try a search) or maybe someone

can re-post it for you.:)

There are probably 8 or 9 drinks choices and hot and cold

appetizers are offered as well.

We were on Summit last month and had breakfast and happy hour in Michael's Club several days.

At breakfast the beverages were regular coffee, cappuccino, lattes, espressos & other similar drinks - plus tea, OJ, mimosa's, bloody mary's, other juices. The breakfast food was things like little pastries, yogurt parfaits, granola, and I think lox and cream cheese.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't deliver this to your cabin, but you never know.

At Happy Hour they carried around some trays of canapes and hors d'oeuvres. They had a list of drinks that were available (wine, beer, highballs, martinis, other cocktails), but I think they'd make just about anything you wanted. The best thing I tried was champagne and mango juice. Who knew that would be good!

I saw no children in Michael's Club and don't know if they'd be permitted.

Oh - on Summit they were quite strict about the smart casual dress code. One guy came in wearing workout shorts and a tee-shirt and was sent away and he raised a real stink about it --- but everyone around us in the lounge appreciated the crew actually enforcing the dress code. Other men in shorts were also sent away, even if wearing a nicer shirt. Women in capris were permitted.

The dress code issue is inconsistent as we asked the hostess on Equinox if my husband could come in - he was wearing shorts and a polo shirt and we were on second dinner and she said of course

As regards the drinks menu, although a menu was listed one night one of the waiters who also looked after us at the martini bar was on and he asked me why was I not having my favourite (Appletini) I responded that I did not know I could have one and he said of course you can

I had one every night from then as as they seemed to be mixing them "with a free hand" they were so good - no half measures at all!!!

I would say well behaved children would be very welcome - and dont forget a small tip to the servers every so often is really appreciated - and your children will have sodas lined up from here to yonder every night !!!

It was my understanding that children or non-elite visitors were not permitted.Michaels club on the Solstice was crowded each night and I never saw any children.I know on RC in the concierge lounge they are very strict about this.As in all rules their are different degrees of enforcement (ugly word) on different ships.Does anyone know,I would be interested.

My teen daughter (who is also elite) accompanied me to the lounge on Equinox, and it was perfectly fine. She also went by herself for breakfast one morning and was not questioned. As long as the children are well behaved, I'm sure no one will mind. In the mornings, there probably won't be anyone at the door checking cards, but at the afternoon cocktail hour, the Captain's Circle hostess will be stationed there.

You can see some photos of the breakfast items here: http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Equinox-Nov-2009/Menus/10421670_UGhEz#722542579_7BvUM

This perk is wonderful, I'm sure you'll enjoy it on your cruise.

I found on the equinox dress code for any Captain Club evetns was not followed at all. i saw shorts on a 21 year old that only someone that age could wear.. this event was at 745 pm on the way to dinner.. as far as the captains lunch party- really bad!!

my next cruise is Alaska- there i am guessing we will see jeans.

Thank you all for the great feedback. breakfast looks divine, there is far more than I would ever order for our balcony, where I always have breakfast. The better coffee will have me treking from our aft balcony to M.'s club.

As for a free martini, I'll take it. I am not much of a drinker but I adore their French Martinis, my husband will definitly enjoy this extra perk.:)

Cheers!

We just returned from the Mercury - and they had someone at the door checking for the "Elite Card" in the morning, but no one checking in the afternoon. We were a small but regualr crowd - and I did see the staff asking for a card one afternoon when a newbie4 wandered in looking for a cappucino.

I saw no children, but there were very few children on the cruise. Smart casual dress code was observed, but I didn't see anyone enforcing.

Just thought I'd throw something in here. The folks who man the bar during the Happy Hour are regular staff, pulled from their regulars jobs. Since the drinks are gratis, they get no tips for this assignment.

I make it a habit to have a bunch of ones, and drop at least one for every drink someone brings us.

Just thought I'd throw something in here. The folks who man the bar during the Happy Hour are regular staff, pulled from their regulars jobs. Since the drinks are gratis, they get no tips for this assignment.

I make it a habit to have a bunch of ones, and drop at least one for every drink someone brings us.

I do the same thing. Vis-a-vis the martinis, I like mine rather dry; and, my first was a wee bit wet. Thereafter, I switched to bourbon and soda.

Dumb question...

We are elite, but I dont recall ever getting a card that you all mention... did I miss something?

Or is the status printed on your Seapass??

It is separate from your Seapass card. I don't have mine if front of

me but I do know I received one. It has "Elite" printed on it along with

"Entrance to Michael's Club" or something of that nature...it might not

be those exact words but it is to let them know you get the free

stuff:)

It is separate from your Seapass card. I don't have mine if front of

me but I do know I received one. It has "Elite" printed on it along with

"Entrance to Michael's Club" or something of that nature.

Thanks.. will need to look into that..in November.. which is entirely too far away.

Thanks for bringing this up. When this first began, I tipped at the end of the cruise. Now, I tip as I go. That way I know the people who take such great care of me are tipped as they should be. And please do not forget the person who offers the tray of goodies. I do not think they also serve the drinks. Dollar bills are really the way to go IMO.

Anne

It should be in your cabin upon your arrival:)

"that was easy"

Thanks! Great to know before I call and make a fool of myself.. Scored Elite after out last cruise so this will be our first as "Elite".. dont know if we will take advantage of the peerks but nice to know we can.

Looking at mine from last cruise and accross the top it reads: Exclusive Lounge

Access

Below that it lists which lounge/nightclub is used and the hours as wll as Dress: Smart Casual Attire.

The card is the same size as the room card/key

We were told that Celebrity gives them $10 for working the 2 hour afternoon Happy Hour. When we got up to the lounge, I would slip the server $5. It's a small price to pay for 2-3 cosmos and 4-5 beers for free. Besides, My glass was never empty, and he always came around 5 minutes before 6pm for last call.

We were told that Celebrity gives them $10 for working the 2 hour afternoon Happy Hour. When we got up to the lounge, I would slip the server $5. It's a small price to pay for 2-3 cosmos and 4-5 beers for free. Besides, My glass was never empty, and he always came around 5 minutes before 6pm for last call.

Sound like the Elite Lounge hours end at 6pm, I would be alsleep by dinner at 8:30 if I was drinking until 6 pm. I am a pitiful drinker, one martini gets me fairly loaded. Guess I'll have to practice before the cruise.:D

Sound like the Elite Lounge hours end at 6pm, I would be alsleep by dinner at 8:30 if I was drinking until 6 pm. I am a pitiful drinker, one martini gets me fairly loaded. Guess I'll have to practice before the cruise.:D

You can take a nap at 6PM, but do not forget to get up by 7:30 to get ready for dinner.

"that was easy"

Thanks! Great to know before I call and make a fool of myself.. Scored Elite after out last cruise so this will be our first as "Elite".. dont know if we will take advantage of the peerks but nice to know we can.

I would bet that you will take advantage of some of the new benefits, they are great. Besides the cocktails, the internet and few laundry are nice.

This will be our 1st Celebrity cruise so please forgive what is probably a silly question. Can you tell me if access to this lounge is also for suite guests or is it just for those who have rightly earned it through their elite status?

Thanks so much and we are so excited to be going on Celebrity!!

I've had lots of practice. :D

Archived