Aft cabin on Serenade - should I do it?

I have the opportunity to book an aft cabin on this ship, which by reading many of your comments is a coveted location. However, it's on Deck 7 - right above a bar on Deck 6. I'm thinking this may not be ideal and possibly why these rooms are still available. Anyone have any experience with these rooms on this ship? Will it be a problem? I'd appreciate feedback ASAP as I have to decide very quickly. Thxs - D

There is so much to say about the benefits of an aft cabin. The views are beautiful and the balconies are bigger.

If you want some cons, you have a longer walk to your cabin( that also means it is less noisy there) and as you indicated you are over a lounge. That is only a problem if you go to bed early or don't find the beat of the music soothing enough to put you to sleep. I have slept with my door open and the outside noises did not bother me.

Book it, you will not regret it. Good Sailing, Murf

We love aft cabins, but on the Radiance class it is such a long walk to anything.

We like the conveince of poping back to the cabin to get things or use the bathroom. It's too far on the R ships.

We really like the extended balconies near the hump -- we're just steps from the action, but... you really can't beat the aft views as you're leaving port :rolleyes:

The only noise you'll have on deck 7 aft is the turn of the screws a little vibration from them and the rush of the sea past your most excellent balcony. You do have to look out over a gray deck below you but that should not be a problem. I would book any aft over any other balcony cabin out there...here's why...

2012kjs.jpg

llj0o.jpg

In 8692 Voyager, we had a guitar party one evening that all the aft cabins enjoyed and we had the guitar player and 9 other prople comfortably seated on our balcony:D The wraps can hold even more people. You can't go wrong and you'll work off the extra calories as well! Love it!:cool:

Edited by BecciBoo

The only noise you'll have on deck 7 aft is the turn of the screws a little vibration from them and the rush of the sea past your most excellent balcony. You do have to look out over a gray deck below you but that should not be a problem. I would book any aft over any other balcony cabin out there...here's why...

In 8692 Voyager, we had a guitar party one evening that all the aft cabins enjoyed and we had the guitar player and 9 other prople comfortably seated on our balcony:D The wraps can hold even more people. You can't go wrong and you'll work off the extra calories as well! Love it!:cool:

There is no gray deck below you on the Radiance class. You look directly down on the wake. Stayed in an aft on deck 7 of Radiance for 11 nights to Alaska last year. Never heard a sound from the club below. Book it!

Right, LMZ, no gray area on Radiance class ships. Totally unobstructed view. We had a deck 7 aft cabin on Jewel a few years ago and never heard a thing from the club below. I would guess that if your cabin is directly above the club's stage where the band plays, you would get some noise, or "beat" of the music. Do not let this pass opportunity pass you by!

No "screws" either, so vibrations tends to be minimal. Radiance (and Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis) class ships use azipods. In very rough seas you might feel a strong vibration from cavitation, and in rough seas, I think the aft tends to move more, but I would take an aft on Serenade in a second.

I have the opportunity to book an aft cabin on this ship, which by reading many of your comments is a coveted location. However, it's on Deck 7 - right above a bar on Deck 6. I'm thinking this may not be ideal and possibly why these rooms are still available. Anyone have any experience with these rooms on this ship? Will it be a problem? I'd appreciate feedback ASAP as I have to decide very quickly. Thxs - D

Go for it quickly. They are brilliant. We've had 1600 corner GS on Serenade, Deck 7 JS aft on Voyager , corner suite on Costa Atlantica. They are our position of choice. They have all been very quiet and peaceful and great to just sit on the balcony and see the wake behind you.

My wife and I have cabin 7172 booked for our May 1 cruise. Hopefully it is as advertised. We have never tried anything this far back because of the motion but we are really excited after reading all of the great reviews. Let you know how we liked it when we return.

As for the walk that is all a matter of perspective. We have stayed in an aft deck 10 and while some consider it a long walk we do not. If someone has physical limitations then booking something more forward may be more benificial.

• 3 weeks later...
In January we had 7172. there was thumping from the Congo Bar below until midnight or so. We loved the aft so no big deal. If you had light sleeping kids probably wouldn't be good.

Monkeyinhat would you happen to have any pics of cabin 7172. My wife and I will be in there on the May1st sailing. Thanks.

We have 7172 this fall on Radiance after falling in love with 9256 and 8168. I am worried about the noise from the club below as I am a light sleeper. Midnight? Ok, I can deal with that!

That walk back there is long, trust me but the view and privacy make up for it. I could never book anything else now but aft!

• 4 weeks later...
My wife and I have cabin 7172 booked for our May 1 cruise. Hopefully it is as advertised. We have never tried anything this far back because of the motion but we are really excited after reading all of the great reviews. Let you know how we liked it when we return.

We have booked this cabin for April 9, 2011 cruise. How did it work out for you? Any problems with noise from below? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Ken & Dana

• 4 years later...

Can you tell me how you attached the hammock? Brilliant!

John S

2012kjs.jpg

llj0o.jpg

BECCI- how did you attach the hammock. I have heard people doing this but not sure how. I would LOVE, to do that

Just a camping hammock right?

A few weeks back I posted pictures of how to hook up the hammock on Freedom Deck 7 aft but we'll be on deck 9 aft on Serenade in a few weeks/months and i'm VERY interested to see how this was done. Thanks for any tips! I'll be sure to post after our cruise if I'm able to repeat.