M Class... why is Connie the favourite?

babyorca

I keep reading that Connie is everyone's favourite. I've been on Millie and soon to board Infinity. I did a poll a while ago and everyone loves Connie the most.

Why? Aren't the M class ships extremely similar?

Assuming that there are staff/crew turnover, I don't know that it could just be crew and stuff. Is it the itinerary?

Or there's something extra special about Connie?

Our frst was Connie and we will always have a soft spot for her. Next we tried Millie and this was a poor Celebrity experience but I believe we just drew the short straw with when we sailed on her and every element was on a low [time of poor staff morale, a low-point in the maintenance cycle, etc]. Thought that we would always love Connie the most until we were on Infinity last November. We just loved her. I thought that she had the best decor, best maintenance, best captain, staff and crew. Still, cannot wait to see the "new" Connie this November.

Sue

We have sailed all the M class ships except the Constelation .Our decision of what Celebrity cruise ship we sail is based on what itinerary we see .Now saying that we really prefer the new S class ships for the ambiance & lower probability of some rthing mechanical going wrong .

Perry Grant is rumoured to move over to Equinox in 2011...:D

They've been trying to get him over there to that class since the ships were launched, but he likes the Connie, so I would be a bit surprised to see him move....last time we spoke on the subject, he wasn't crazy about the idea, but it's been awhile, so maybe he's changed his "tune"....:p

Funny that this turned into talk about Perry Grant. I recently started a thread asking who he is, seeing as I've seen his name pop up often on these boards.

Also youtubed him but alas, it's not my style of music.

I much prefer the singers and dancers.

Perry Grant is rumoured to move over to Equinox in 2011...:D

Say it isn't so! If that's the case, we will have to do a re-book for 2011!

Perry Grant IS the Connie.....nothing else really makes it a special ship....IMHO!

M.

I hope Perry is on the Equinox in 2011. We liked the Constellation because of Perry and also the new Captain Gerry Larsson-Fredde. He was the most personable and down to earth captain we have ever sailed with and we all loved his jokes at noon about his Chinese friend.

I keep reading that Connie is everyone's favourite. I've been on Millie and soon to board Infinity. I did a poll a while ago and everyone loves Connie the most.

Why? Aren't the M class ships extremely similar?

Assuming that there are staff/crew turnover, I don't know that it could just be crew and stuff. Is it the itinerary?

Or there's something extra special about Connie?

She is not everyone's favorite;) I sailed her once and had as good a time as on any of my other cruises.

She now only sails longer itineraries and they are out of my budget and timeframe.

I love all the ships so (for me at least)she is no better or worse than any of the other Celebrity ships:)

Not saying she isn't a beautiful vessel...just answering your question from one person's point of view.

She is not everyone's favorite;) I sailed her once and had as good a time as on any of my other cruises.

She now only sails longer itineraries and they are out of my budget and timeframe.

I love all the ships so (for me at least)she is no better or worse than any of the other Celebrity ships:)

Not saying she isn't a beautiful vessel...just answering your question from one person's point of view.

Lois, she is sailing several 7 day cruises out of Barcelona this fall. Some of them were advertised for very low prices just this past week. Anyway, you sail so often you probably don't have time to go on the Connie, you lucky person!!! You used to know me as TBag(changed my name). Happy sailing.

Lois, she is sailing several 7 day cruises out of Barcelona this fall. Some of them were advertised for very low prices just this past week. Anyway, you sail so often you probably don't have time to go on the Connie, you lucky person!!! You used to know me as TBag(changed my name). Happy sailing.

Well hello TBag:) nice to see you again. I sail when I am able:D

but the longest itinerary I have ever done is 10 nights. I forgot about

the European sailings she does but that is not in my plan right now

either;)

I know Constellation has her fan club and that is fine:) people

have lots of choices.

I will be in your neighborhood next May:D

We LOVE the Connie and have sailed on her four times. There was a period when she was the #1 rated ship three years in a row by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine. Her captain and crew were OUTSTANDING!! When the Solstice came along, almost all our favorite Connie crew members that we had gotten to know were transferred to the Solstice. We were told they were looking for the best crew throughout their fleet to being to the Solstice. The captain of many years has since retired, so I don't know if everything is the same on the Connie since I last sailed her. We're sailing next week on Equinox and have already sailed on her in April and have sailed Solstice. We love the S class, but would love to sail Connie again, especially since she's been Solsticized!

Our first experience on the Constellation was exceptional and that has continued every time we've sail on her. Not always as great but that's okay.

After we sailed on the Summit, I thought that it was a close second to the Constellation. But, I eventually decided that the Constellation was first with the Summit being a close second.

The fond memories of the first sailing along with being recognized by the Captain every time we sailed helped make our cruises special on the Constellation.

The service on all of the M class ships and the perfect size (for us) of the ship also helps.

We have now sailed on the "new" Constellation and had another wonderful experience. We will be sailing on her again in February and can't wait.

Well hello TBag:) nice to see you again. I sail when I am able:D

but the longest itinerary I have ever done is 10 nights. I forgot about

the European sailings she does but that is not in my plan right now

either;)

I know Constellation has her fan club and that is fine:) people

have lots of choices.

I will be in your neighborhood next May:D

That's great Lois. Which ship are you sailing on? I hope the weather is fine for you. We have nothing booked till Nov 2011. We got hooked on TA's this year as we love the sea days.

Archived