who is Perry Grant?

babyorca

You can see snippets of Perry's shows on the internet. Google his name and you will see several bits of video. Search this board and you will find many postings from his fans. Have never seen the entertainer you mention so I can make no comparison, but Perry Grant really has no equal among the many, many performers I have seen. His style of humor is unique, his choices from "the old songs" make us smile with nostalgia, and the twinkle in his eye makes us happy. Come on the Constellation and get Perrified. Positions, everyone!

He is an entertainer on Constellation. His shtick plays well in Michael's but not well in the theater. You will find varying opinions on these boards from adoration to distain. You need to go and make your own opinion.

If I were to describe him, I'd say flamboyant Liberace

He is an entertainer on Constellation. His shtick plays well in Michael's but not well in the theater. You will find varying opinions on these boards from adoration to distain. You need to go and make your own opinion.

If I were to describe him, I'd say flamboyant Liberace

Isn't that redundant?:)

I saw him on the Connie, and did not care for him, but to each his own. Most people probably would not like the music I like.

You either adore him or dislike him. For those of us who are big fans of Perry - he is a great entertainer and if you lucky enough to get seats in the Michael's Club you are very entertained. 100s of people book a cruise just to see Perry perform every day.

Who is Perry Grant? I've heard he's a well liked entertainer...

What does he do?

Any comparisons to Joel Mason (on Westerdam, HAL) who is an Elton John impersonator who's popular on HAL?

I want in to see/hear Perry when I cruised last time on Constellation and I was totally underwhelmed. Simply not my type of entertainment.

My DH, who absolutely was not a Liberace fan, discovered Perry Grant and was totally impressed. You've got to see this guy, sez he to me. And, btw, Mr. B. is a man.

So, we went. I was just about flabbergasted to see said DH assuming position -- and I went along, too, and we absolutely had totally delightful times in Michael's Club b/c of Perry.

He also was a true professional on the one occasion when "serious" was required, rather than his usual "campy".

Anyway, I love him and so does DH and we'd go with him on a cruise over any other comparable cruise, absolutely.

--May

I just don't see it. When we went to his show, we had to leave about 5 minutes into it because it was soooooo loud. Why does he need a huge amplifier in such a small room like Michael's Club? He was blasting his music and it actually hurt our ears. Um, what do women see in his entertainment? I'm of that gender and sorry to say, it did nothing for me, or anyone in our group.

I am a woman and have no idea why women like him. I certainly didn't enjoy his type of entertainment. To each his own.

I just don't see it. When we went to his show, we had to leave about 5 minutes into it because it was soooooo loud. Why does he need a huge amplifier in such a small room like Michael's Club? He was blasting his music and it actually hurt our ears. Um, what do women see in his entertainment? I'm of that gender and sorry to say, it did nothing for me, or anyone in our group.

It appears we are at least two women who have not fallen under the spell. :)

Ah ok. So I youtubed him, watched a few videos, including a 10 min compilation. It's not my type of thing forsure. I can see why he's more suited to Micheal's Club than the main theatre. I'm guessing you really need to like that type/genre of music to be entertained by him.

I saw Joel Mason on Westerdam, I enjoyed that a lot more. I rarely go to single musical acts, prefering the singers and dancers.

thanks for all the info.

Ah ok. So I youtubed him, watched a few videos, including a 10 min compilation. It's not my type of thing forsure. I can see why he's more suited to Micheal's Club than the main theatre. I'm guessing you really need to like that type/genre of music to be entertained by him.

I saw Joel Mason on Westerdam, I enjoyed that a lot more. I rarely go to single musical acts, prefering the singers and dancers.

thanks for all the info.

Hi,:) I sailed HAL once back in 2004 and Joel Mason was on board.

I have to say, he is AWESOME:D...that show was sooo good.

It was the one part of my cruise that got a big thumbs up.;)

Hi,:) I sailed HAL once back in 2004 and Joel Mason was on board.

I have to say, he is AWESOME:D...that show was sooo good.

It was the one part of my cruise that got a big thumbs up.;)

I enjoyed it so much I watched the whole thing standing (we finished dinner late). totally worth it.

I love perry, my husband loves perry and the 6 friends we took along to see see on our baltic cruise last year all love perry. It is my belief that those of you who don't love him have no sense of humor. The music in his act is secondary- although he is a fine pianist and singer. For the music we would go once maybe twice a cruise. For the laughing until it hurts we went for hours every night- all 8 of us. I am now suffering a severe case of perry withdrawal. I think I'll watch him on U-tube now.

My wife and I thought he was really nice and different???

He is not one of your run of the mill intertainers that is for sure, but that being said when your on a long TransAtlantic, something a little different from the other singers or piano players was kind of nice.

My husband and I with our two friends enjoyed, actually became addicted, to the humor and fun provided by Perry almost every night of our 14 day cruise last December. We didn't discover him until day four but spent part of each night the rest of the cruise crammed into Michaels under Perry's spell. I have tried to find some sort of schedule for Perry but have been unable to find anything conclusive. Does anyone know anthing for sure? We are hoping that the icing on the cake of our next cruise will be Perry Grant. Actually, the icing will be the cruise, the cake will be Perry!

Esp. b/c you are a brand new poster! Welcome to the fun and addiction of posting at Cruise Critic dot com.

Xellent will often answer questions about Perry's schedule, and in fact, if you know how to search for all of Xellent's posts, you'll easily find one on exactly this subject. Also, in the future, Xellent will be one of the first to know the real deal on Perry's schedule.

Have a great cruise, wherever/whenever it may b!

--May

I love perry, my husband loves perry and the 6 friends we took along to see see on our baltic cruise last year all love perry. It is my belief that those of you who don't love him have no sense of humor. The music in his act is secondary- although he is a fine pianist and singer. For the music we would go once maybe twice a cruise. For the laughing until it hurts we went for hours every night- all 8 of us. I am now suffering a severe case of perry withdrawal. I think I'll watch him on U-tube now.

Well I wasn't going to post any more on this subject, but I just have to thank you Barbels for your post. I couldn't have said it better myself. After someone said they left after one song, I was going to tell them that it isn't the songs that draw me at all but the humor. Perry is able to draw people out and before they know it, he has them laughing at themselves. I laughed till my sides ached, and yes, we skipped dessert to get to his shows.

we did enjoy him once or twice when we were on the Connie but after that it is the same basic act for which he has a loyal following..the place is packed!

there are limited choices at night on Connie, esp. if one is not a devotee--so we have not been back on that ship-- Connie does longer cruises so we'd rather see some rotation on board...

he has them laughing at themselves. I laughed till my sides ached, and yes, we skipped dessert to get to his shows.

It's the only place where returnees become part of the act. His linguistic talents are over the top.. he can speak in so many different languages to his fans.. ;):rolleyes:

I must admit...I truly thought I wasn´t going to like Perry Grant. Not a big "show tunes" fan. I like good old rock in general.

My husband and I were on the Connie last year (Baltic cruise) and we had avoided Michael´s Club. On the next to the last night , we wandered in...We were lucky enough to get our own table fairly near the piano.

My husband and I were "selected" by Perry to be part of the fun. My husband is 41 , Brazilian , loves soccer and heavy rock (as well as other kinds of music). We has soooo much fun! We laughed and laughed and laughed. So sad we didn´t go sooner. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

You have to have an open mind and get into the spirit. Very campy. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Kim

It's the only place where returnees become part of the act. His linguistic talents are over the top.. he can speak in so many different languages to his fans.. ;):rolleyes:

I think Norwegean is his favorite. Anymore news on his schedule? I booked 4/23 - I hope he will be there..........

Archived