Buying stock in princess

gullcruiser

HI Fellow Travelers,

Do I have to buy through a bank or do I buy the stocks myself?

I spoke with my bank this morning and they asked my the question.

ask the bank if they can establish a brokerage account in your name to hold the stock. If they can't, there are many, many discount brokers who will be glad to do so. You may even have a local office for Schwab, etc. You put money in your account, the broker buys the stock. You get a statement showing the ownership. You send the statement to the cruise line.

Fellows Cruisers

Once more before I sign the dotted line to buy some stocks. Would it make a difference if I'm Canadian or not?

Any Canadians out there?

Thanks

No, just be aware that right now you're paying a 31% premium for the stock because of the exchange rate.

Hi Daisyloo

A new member to cruise critic, long time cruising. I have be asking the question about buying shares in CCl. Did you buy through a bank or what? And then what, I'm given a number or something?

Thanks

Surfer2006

Hi Daisyloo

A new member to cruise critic, long time cruising. I have be asking the question about buying shares in CCl. Did you buy through a bank or what? And then what, I'm given a number or something?

Thanks

Surfer2006

You buy thru a broker like Etrade or TDAmeritrade or your bank may operate a brokerage service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruise Junky,

Now that I have sign up at the bank Step one.

Then get my papers from the bank to buy stocks Step two

Is there a number I need to use they for my OBC?

The reason I ask, you is that your in Canada so the rules are the same.

Thanks for your time

I probably already asked this, Here goes we are cruising in Mar and have OBC from the booking, can I add the Shares OBC to the whole thing? So we have 600.00 credits from booking and the 250.00 credits from the shares, so I have 850.00 credits (OBC) ?

I future I'll try not to repeat myself.

Thanks

I probably already asked this, Here goes we are cruising in Mar and have OBC from the booking, can I add the Shares OBC to the whole thing? So we have 600.00 credits from booking and the 250.00 credits from the shares, so I have 850.00 credits (OBC) ?

Thanks

Yes.

• Like 1

Oh yes you can. And enjoy spending it.

One additional idea that my husband and I learned awhile ago. We were doing a lot of transatlantic cruises and would return home and noticed a ton of "foreign transaction fees" on everything we purchased on the credit card. So we applied and received the Princess Visa card because we thought the points would do us good.

Anyhow, noticed the 5000 pts for a breakfast on balcony which didn't interest us. And the 200,000 pts for a 3000 dollar cruise. We have had the card for 2 years and only have 40,000 pts.

Good News: We learned that for the 40,000 pts. we can get 500. shipboard credit. We are taking a month long princess cruise soon and that 500. will be beneficial.

after you purchase the stock, every future cruise you must mail in or fax a copy of proof of ownership. It should be sent in approx. 1 month prior to cruising.

My agent is not too swift about reminding me to send it in a a year ago I didn't get the shipboard credit.

We unfortunately purchased stock years ago when it was over 50. a share. But we earn 750 or more per year in shipboard credit so I can't complain. We have earned our money back.

Thanks

Good News!! All OBC on Princess can be combined. We've had close to $1000 on a couple of cruises.

• 1 month later...

So, if I understand all of the above correctly, by purchasing 100 shares, I will receive $250 OBC for every Princess cruise I take following the purchase and this OBC will be in addition to all other OBCs including the military OBC. Is there anywhere that spells this out?

So, if I understand all of the above correctly, by purchasing 100 shares, I will receive $250 OBC for every Princess cruise I take following the purchase and this OBC will be in addition to all other OBCs including the military OBC. Is there anywhere that spells this out?

No, it depends on the length of your cruise.

6 days or less is $50

7-13 days is $100

14 days or more is $250

It will be in addition to other OBCs

Mike:)

Not exactly. You will buy stock in Carnival Corp. which is the holding company for several cruise lines, including Princess.

I recommend that you spend a little time getting to know the Corporation.

Go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com and look around. Click on "Investor Relations" which will show you the selection for "Shareholder Information" and then "Shareholder Benefit".

This page is a comprehensive display of the shareholder benefit, award levels, addresses and phone numbers, etc.

Enjoy!

Motley fool, a very successful and respected stock advisor service just issued a "buy" recommendation for CCL, indicating very good prospects for the stock to outperform the broader market over the next several years. So you can add good prospects for share value growth to the dividends and the shareholder credit as reasons to buy. :) Of course, if you're the kind of person who freaks out when share value rises and falls within a 10% window, then maybe it's not for you.

Edited by smixsell

Motley fool, a very successful and respected stock advisor service just issued a "buy" recommendation for CCL, indicating very good prospects for the stock to outperform the broader market over the next several years. So you can add good prospects for share value growth to the dividends and the shareholder credit as reasons to buy. :) Of course, if you're the kind of person who freaks out when share value rises and falls within a 10% window, then maybe it's not for you.

Likely because RCL also today announced that they were increasing their dividend.

Edited by ano

If you qualify for the ex-military OBC, it is the same as owning the shares for Princess, but evidently not for the other Carnival cruise lines. And it can't be combined with the stock OBC.

I am retired US Army plus I own 110 shares of CCL. I have been on 3 Princess cruises in last two years and they gave me OBC for military and OBC for my stock holdings. It's never been questioned. AAA travel agent does it all for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 years later...
On 8/1/2016 at 12:25 PM, Cruise Junky said:

Its definitely not a no brainer. It's an investment of around $4,600 right now plus fees. It's 52 week high is $55.77. You need to not be dazzled by the OBC and make your mind up if that $4,600 can do better elsewhere. If you cruise a few times a year, yes, it can probably be a good deal depending on what you bought it at but definitely not a no brainer.

4 minutes ago, OkiTraveler said:

How do you buy the stocks for CCL?  Hate to end up with a scam site to buy stocks?

If you don't have a broker, the easiest way may be through your bank.

• Like 1